Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,644 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,355
Piranha Games | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Infinite Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

8 posts found
  DKKOberon

Apprentice Member

OP  9/19/13 2:39:21 PM#1
PGI has failed to deliver a mechwarrior game. I suggest don't play it. In time someone else may get the chance to build an actually Mechwarrior/Battletech online game.
  Tygranir

Elite Member

9/19/13 2:43:26 PM#2
Is this opinion or fact? It is delivered as a fact, but sounds like opinion.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
Referral link
7 day subscriber level access
Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

FlyinDutchman87

Advanced Member

9/19/13 2:43:27 PM#3

Hawken is fun....

zevni78

Elite Member

9/19/13 3:00:30 PM#4
We kinda need a lot more details and good arguments, we are mmo players, and know what we do and don't want from these games, and even if you have good reasons for yourself not liking it, they may not be problems for others here.
  h0urg1ass

Elite Member

9/19/13 4:34:55 PM#5

It's not what was promised, it's not amazing, but it's also far from terrible.  It's fun in it's own flawed way, and I'm enjoying it as a pick up game when I'm not doing anything else.

I wrote my own, in depth review for the game two weeks ago and nothing has changed about it since launch.

Agnostic42

Advanced Member

9/20/13 12:30:39 AM#6

It's a fun game in spurts, but if you want depth, look elsewhere. But, if you enjoy arena fights with big stompy mechs at a frenzied pace(at times) go for it. It's free, you have nothing to lose.

Granted, currently there is no Community Warfare, as promised by the devs, but the game is still fun and I do still play it, even though I sometimes feel a bit slighted after buying a founders pack while believing the promises that haven't been delivered yet.

Just an FYI, MWO has some VERY (Can I capslock a capslock to emphasize just how bitter they are?) bitter players currently, play the game yourself before listening to anyone say it's good or bad.

codejack

Advanced Member

9/20/13 9:41:28 PM#7

I'm not so much bitter as I am massively disappointed with what happened to this game.

The problem started when they began catering to the loudest whingers on the forums in closed beta, in particular when they doubled the armor values. That threw the entire system out of kilter, and instead of going back and fixing the original mistake, they've been over-correcting ever since, screwing with damage, range, heat, etc, so that the only viable weapons are whichever ones they "fixed" last week.

Ghost heat was simply the worst excess of the entire process, representing PGI's ultimate failure to balance anything and resorting to a sledgehammer to fix a problem that only existed in their minds. Oh no, that 6xSRM6 Catapult can 2-shot you? If a 65-ton mech sneaks up to point blank range, you deserve whatever you get. A 4xPPC can nail you from across the map? DON'T STAND THERE LIKE A MORON!

To be fair, some things, like ECM, were blatant ****-ups of the highest order, independent of whatever decision making process PGI used to get there (Oiuja board? Tarot cards? The mad ramblings of a homeless woman outside their office? Just guessing). Seriously, everything else aside, I still think that the person who came up with this concept should be somehow barred from ever working in the computer industry ever again, and for that matter should probably be kept away from sharp objects and small animals.

The coolant thing, though, that takes the cake; you have a button you can press which spends money to let you win. This was where they left common sense and decency behind in a mindless grab for more money; "mindless" because they have killed their own game, and what could have become a highly lucrative industry they have sacrificed for modest short term profit.

In short, they are bad game designers, bad businessmen, and just plain bad people. I'm with the OP, don't play it.

Squeak69

Apprentice Member

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

9/21/13 12:22:33 AM#8

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.