Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Villagers and Heroes | Hearthstone

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,938 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,528
Piranha Games | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Piranha Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

MechWarrior Online Forum » General Discussion » My Pre-Release Review of MWO

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Sho0terMcgavin

Apprentice Member

9/10/13 9:00:46 PM#21
Originally posted by h0urg1ass
Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
Originally posted by gatheris
Originally posted by VassagoMael
Originally posted by Kuinn
Originally posted by Wylf

MMO

No, it's just online multiplayer game. There's nothing massive about the game as a whole. Excuse me if this feels nitpicky but I'm just trying to preserve the term otherwise the term serves no purpose if it melds into basic online shooters... Carry on.

Twenty four people on one screen. That is a lot more than you will ever see at once in most traditional MMORPGs.

this is just too funny to ignore

Lol, ikr!  I bet he thinks Battlefield 3 is an MMO too lol.

Actually... it is.  It's an MMOFPS.

Just like MWO is technically an MMOFPS too.  Not sure why they have it on this site instead of their FPS site, but it's here so my review is here.

Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong.  

Sorry, but I really couldn't care about your particular etymological neurosis.  If you aren't here to discuss the particulars of MWO or this review, then please return to your regularly scheduled trolling in other threads.

I am just pointing out the incorrect information you are posting in your "review".  No need to get worked up.  Not everyone knows what an MMO is.

Sho0terMcgavin

Apprentice Member

9/13/13 2:32:55 PM#22
Originally posted by gatheris
Originally posted by VassagoMael
Originally posted by Kuinn
Originally posted by Wylf

MMO

No, it's just online multiplayer game. There's nothing massive about the game as a whole. Excuse me if this feels nitpicky but I'm just trying to preserve the term otherwise the term serves no purpose if it melds into basic online shooters... Carry on.

Twenty four people on one screen. That is a lot more than you will ever see at once in most traditional MMORPGs.

this is just too funny to ignore

Lol, ikr!  I bet he thinks Battlefield 3 is an MMO too lol.

Actually... it is.  It's an MMOFPS.

Just like MWO is technically an MMOFPS too.  Not sure why they have it on this site instead of their FPS site, but it's here so my review is here.

Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong.  

Sorry, but I really couldn't care about your particular etymological neurosis.  If you aren't here to discuss the particulars of MWO or this review, then please return to your regularly scheduled trolling in other threads.

I am just pointing out the incorrect information you are posting in your "review".  No need to get worked up.  Not everyone knows what an MMO is.

Ah man.  Guess what?  Apparently, this site also agrees with me and not you.  Feel free to read and learn what an MMO is.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/7770/The-Tourist-Thats-Not-an-MMO.html

Just want to quote a line out of this.

"Forgive the aggression here, but it's a bit irritating to see Massively Multiplayer shilled off on so many bullet-point lists. It's one more example of marketing teams assuming the ignorance of the average gamer. I resent the term “massive” being used to describe 16 players on a single map. By using “MMO” they are cribbing a term which had clear definitions and muddying the waters. Even attached to other genre signifiers, stealing the most important part of our acronym makes it more meaningless than ever before."

Also:'

"Multiplayer Shooters: Unless your name is Planetside 2, you're probably not an MMO either. "

Weird right?

h0urg1ass

Apprentice Member

OP  9/13/13 4:56:18 PM#23

As I thought I amply explained in my last post, I really couldn't care less about the etymology of the word MMO, or MMORPG, or MMOFPS.  This is a game review, not an outlet for pointless nerdrage laced diatrabes.

Agnostic42

Novice Member

9/13/13 5:27:42 PM#24

It really doesn't matter if it is 'technically' an MMO or not. The game is simply listed on this site so a review of that game posted on the forums in the MWO section is valid. I don't exactly agree with all the points of this review, personally, I think it's a bit harsh, but the points are valid.

If they added a single player mission system I would enjoy the game much more. I've played the game, off and on, since closed beta, and the fact that they are still trying to balance the original weapons they had in closed beta. Their development cycle seems to be VERY slow. If you would like something improved, as it stands now, check back in 6 months, and maybe, just maybe, they might have gotten around to it by then. That is, in between they strategic release of mechs so they can get the most money or offering pre-orders for mechs that will be released in 3-5 months from now.

Content, I want content. We already have ways of killing other mechs. With all the money they make and they are still giving excuses for not being able to design a good AI for single player. Buy the damn AI. I want a Mechwarrior game, NOT World of Mechs!

Guess I'll re-install Mechwarrior 4 while I wait........

Sho0terMcgavin

Apprentice Member

9/13/13 7:01:09 PM#25
Originally posted by agnostic4eve

It really doesn't matter if it is 'technically' an MMO or not. The game is simply listed on this site so a review of that game posted on the forums in the MWO section is valid. I don't exactly agree with all the points of this review, personally, I think it's a bit harsh, but the points are valid.

If they added a single player mission system I would enjoy the game much more. I've played the game, off and on, since closed beta, and the fact that they are still trying to balance the original weapons they had in closed beta. Their development cycle seems to be VERY slow. If you would like something improved, as it stands now, check back in 6 months, and maybe, just maybe, they might have gotten around to it by then. That is, in between they strategic release of mechs so they can get the most money or offering pre-orders for mechs that will be released in 3-5 months from now.

Content, I want content. We already have ways of killing other mechs. With all the money they make and they are still giving excuses for not being able to design a good AI for single player. Buy the damn AI. I want a Mechwarrior game, NOT World of Mechs!

Guess I'll re-install Mechwarrior 4 while I wait........

Here's the thing.  I think you should think of MWO like Elder Scrolls Online. I doubt they will put in single player stuff (I could be wrong).  I think you are better off hoping someone just makes a new singe player Mechwarrior game.  Also, I am with you on wanting it for sure.  Just don't see it happening.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search