Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,108 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,606
Piranha Games | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Infinite Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

MechWarrior Online Forum » General Discussion » Good for a sad laugh:

6 posts found
  Hjamnr

Apprentice Member

OP  6/21/13 11:57:38 AM#1
  lugal

Hard Core Member

6/21/13 12:03:15 PM#2
I do not see and smugness in those comments. I see a business man inviting somebody to sound off on issues they have with his game. The person with the problem appears to be the OP.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The reviewer has a mishapen head
Which means his opinion is skewed
...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Hjamnr

Apprentice Member

OP  6/21/13 12:31:09 PM#3
Originally posted by lugal
I do not see and smugness in those comments. I see a business man inviting somebody to sound off on issues they have with his game. The person with the problem appears to be the OP.

I can understand how you might think that, but I would assume, from your response that you don't play this game?

MWO is currently in it's worst state since closed beta ended, last October.   They've knee-jerk "balanced" it down to pretty much one playstyle only.    Rather than addressing the core of balance issues, they apply blanket "fixes" to nominally related systems, which completely changes  the meta every month or so.

Now they're talking about "release"(Of which they've been in since "Open beta - no more wipes" started, no matter what they happen to call it.), and "e-sports" and the like, when they don't even have core game-play set.

It's a train-wreck, in progress.  It'll be sad, but amusing, the next couple of months. 

lugal

Hard Core Member

6/21/13 12:40:35 PM#4
You are correct, I do not play. It would be refreshing if they would just address their issues, however; in the state the game appears to be in, without a huge service pack like patch, nothing will be enough.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The reviewer has a mishapen head
Which means his opinion is skewed
...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Thorqemada

Hard Core Member

6/24/13 9:05:20 AM#5

The game is in an ambivalent state.
Overall many things have imrpoved while the same time other things have taken backsteps.

The best gameplay of MWO was some months ago before ECM was introduced.
It was good gameplay bcs many different playstyles were viable like Brawling, Sniping, LRM-Support, Flanking, Harassing...

The game has since evolved through a round of one-dimensional "Metas" like the ECM-Race, SRM-Race, LRM-Race, Ballistic-Race, Tonnage-Race, JJ-Poptarting-Race and stays atm in a fragile state of having any Alpha-Strike Setup (3 or more heavy hitter weapons that can be aimed at the same enemy Location like 3+PPC or 2xAC20 up to 6x PPC) though other playstyles are at least not imnpossible to use for success.

LRM are barely adequate - especially in the lower ELO Ratings.
Spread DPS can work on the quick Mechs.
ECM is finally countered by TAG, BAP, UAV and does not exclude the use of guided Missiles with guarantee like in the past.

HSR (Host State Rewimd) made aiming more realiable for high ping connections (up to 450 ms).
You can finally expect to hit what you aim for though its still WIP as optimization to the netcode affects HSR.

The Tonnage-Race is there to stay until UI 2.0 and Community Warfare impacts.

Public Test Servers are announced for anytime soon.

Time will tell soon enoough how their future plans work out...

For now the game is still a game that is fun, its Free to Play and thus very worth to play!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
MWO Machinima - Revival (Clan Invasion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saheVNMp7qQ

mase1771

Apprentice Member

7/26/13 9:51:13 PM#6
Originally posted by lugal

Well they deleted their general discussion forum subsection so they could disperse the complaints about the game. Does that sound like a business wanting to hear from it's customers?