Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | City of Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,189 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,227,087
Piranha Games | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Infinite Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

MechWarrior Online Forum » General Discussion » Did They Ever Make This An MMO?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
23 posts found
  aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

4/10/13 7:29:21 PM#21
Originally posted by udon
Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by Deivos

To clarify the previous response, no.

It's still lobby based and focuses on finite maps and numbers of players within a given map.

This likely won't change.

This ^. Still a lobby shooter with mechs and terrible balance and game management.

I never felt that MWO being a lobby shooter was a bad thing for that game.  The other issues this game has however has kept me from player since the game went "open beta" with cash shop and no resets about a year eariler than it should have.

It was a terrible thing for the game.

Considering that Mechwarrior 1, Mechwarrior 2: Mecenaries and Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries I think was the idea for most people had when they originally heard of MWO.

The fact that they can't even implement a proper mercenary or house mechwarrior mechanic (whih somehow even with the technology of Mechwarrior 1 managed to achieve) speak volumes of how short it fell even when compare to it's non-mmo predecessors and how lazy the developer was when it comes to delivering the vision of a Mechwarrior MMO (all their effort was in the shooter aspect, none of them was in gameplay).

It wasn't even a proper Mechwarrior game to be honest (since there isn't even an arena mode where you can fight on Solaris VII at the very least). It was just deathmatches galore, nothing more.

codejack

Apprentice Member

4/11/13 1:19:36 PM#22
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
Originally posted by udon
Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by Deivos

To clarify the previous response, no.

It's still lobby based and focuses on finite maps and numbers of players within a given map.

This likely won't change.

This ^. Still a lobby shooter with mechs and terrible balance and game management.

I never felt that MWO being a lobby shooter was a bad thing for that game.  The other issues this game has however has kept me from player since the game went "open beta" with cash shop and no resets about a year eariler than it should have.

It was a terrible thing for the game.

Considering that Mechwarrior 1, Mechwarrior 2: Mecenaries and Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries I think was the idea for most people had when they originally heard of MWO.

The fact that they can't even implement a proper mercenary or house mechwarrior mechanic (whih somehow even with the technology of Mechwarrior 1 managed to achieve) speak volumes of how short it fell even when compare to it's non-mmo predecessors and how lazy the developer was when it comes to delivering the vision of a Mechwarrior MMO (all their effort was in the shooter aspect, none of them was in gameplay).

And it would have been so easy; the script is written, we know what happens. They might have had an excuse if there weren't a stack of books with basically a complete history of the period, and they would have had to come up with it on their own, but that just makes their laziness even more pathetic.

It wasn't even a proper Mechwarrior game to be honest (since there isn't even an arena mode where you can fight on Solaris VII at the very least). It was just deathmatches galore, nothing more.

+10475235

I would pay $100+ for the story, mechanics, and game balance of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries with the graphics from MWO. As it is, PGI would have to pay me to play their stupid game.

Hjamnr

Apprentice Member

4/11/13 3:44:46 PM#23

It's not even a lobby game, as it has no lobby.

As has been said, this is only an arena shooter, and to make matters worse, it is random matchmaking on random maps... of which there are only 6.(Variations on maps don't count.)

"Community Warfare" is a running joke, and when(if) it ever gets fully implemented, it will be less sophisticated, and less realistic, than Heavy Gear's campaign mode back on M-Player.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search