Trending Games | Destiny | ArcheAge | WildStar | Mythborne

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,205 Users Online:0
Games:738  Posts:6,238,506
Piranha Games | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Piranha Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  TheBlackCrow

Apprentice Member

1/21/13 6:12:28 PM#21

I’ve never played Hawkin. But I can tell you that the new people that will try out MWO will jump ship quickly! Even tho it is faster paced (and I really don’t want to play that kind of mechawarrior game, and I never said a slow pace was a bad thing), Hawken is more polished and ready to pick up and go!

You are the one who is slinging around propaganda with endless posts and keeping your name in lights! Do you think yourself as that self-important?

As for the designs, look at MechWarrior Tactics...their designs on a lot of the same mechs including the spider are vastly better looking. Its al about perception and marketing and MWO is a fail at this. Again Hostile community as you have helped me prove my point, broken netcode, and game mechanics that you can’t explain away. All this will turn new customers away! Yes I hope this game does fail because of these 3 main issues. So someone else that has the money, proper staff, equipment and mods to clean up the forums and in game issues. So it can be  done the right way, not the pgi way.

I understand where you are coming from Code. But as a casual gamer, all they are going to see is walking around with big guns shooting stuff. As a casual gamer i dont see that much of a difference, i think its splitting hairs (respectfully) on that idea.

Thorqemada

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 6:48:16 PM#22

And the reality proves you wrong.

MW:Tactics rides on a far lower public awareness - the design of the Mechs is received as almost childish.
Hawken is a fast food game: Eat it up and flush it down.
XFire shows an increasing trend of MWO players.
The Forum grows, the playerbase grows.
Accept that MWO is a game for grown up people with a mature taste that can distinguish fantastic design in military style from a "Cathode Ray Tube" on legs.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
MWO Machinima - Revival (Clan Invasion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saheVNMp7qQ

TheBlackCrow

Apprentice Member

1/24/13 10:03:20 PM#23

LOL  you just do not get it. Just because more people are making new accounts does not mean they stay around.

This is a fine example of how the community reacts to posts...this is what you new people will be exposed to.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/93049-solo-players-fodder-for-paying-customers/

see i can post propaganda as well! and this is more typical of the abuse that happens over there!

As for the designs....those awful things speak for themselvs...horrid and verry amateurish.

VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

1/24/13 10:18:11 PM#24
I enjoy the game. Everyone complains about everything. It is fun. I like playing with people. ECM add another layer of compexity, but when I am protected by it I am thankful to be shielded from all the derps in LRM boats that are too brain dead to do anything else. Fun game.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Bite my fiery metal ass!

1/24/13 10:26:16 PM#25
Originally posted by Thorqemada

MW:Tactics rides on a far lower public awareness - the design of the Mechs is received as almost childish.
Accept that MWO is a game for grown up people with a mature taste that can distinguish fantastic design in military style from a "Cathode Ray Tube" on legs.

Hawken is a much better game. More polished, better pacing, doesn't require a supercomputer to run, and a much better dev team which is actually DOING something with their IP & listens to the players, etc. Your statement shows the kind of elitism I ran into in MWO's horrid community, and I'm glad I got my founder's pack refunded.

MWO may have been designed for 'grown up people', but the community is a bunch of children.

I should also add that the mechs in MWO feel more like tanks gliding over the ground than giant, stompy robots. Hawken gives a much better feeling of being in control of a giant walking dynamo of destruction, which is funny because the mechs are much smaller. Go figure.

VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

1/25/13 1:30:13 AM#26
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Originally posted by Thorqemada

Hawken is a much better game. More polished, better pacing, doesn't require a supercomputer to run, and a much better dev team which is actually DOING something with their IP & listens to the players, etc. Your statement shows the kind of elitism I ran into in MWO's horrid community, and I'm glad I got my founder's pack refunded.

MWO may have been designed for 'grown up people', but the community is a bunch of children.

I should also add that the mechs in MWO feel more like tanks gliding over the ground than giant, stompy robots. Hawken gives a much better feeling of being in control of a giant walking dynamo of destruction, which is funny because the mechs are much smaller. Go figure.

Hawken is garbage. Just like the robots in that game. They look like welded together garbage.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

Thorqemada

Hard Core Member

1/25/13 7:06:06 AM#27

If you dont feel it you cant be helped.

MWO Mechs be the stompy robots from the agile Light Scout Class up to the lumbering superheavy Assaults - MWO is the walking tank game!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
MWO Machinima - Revival (Clan Invasion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saheVNMp7qQ

codejack

Apprentice Member

OP  1/25/13 9:33:44 AM#28

OK, I've changed my mind with this patch: QUIT COMPLAINING BECAUSE EVERY TIME THEY "FIX" SOMETHING THEY MAKE IT WORSE!

The netcode alone....!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search