Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,107 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,056
Piranha Games | Official Site
MMOTPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 2012)  | Pub:Infinite Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  tawess

Elite Member

9/13/12 7:10:58 AM#41
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Originally posted by tawess
Because you seem to very fixated on the physical "world" as in walking around in a physical area. While i consider that community warfare will provide the persistant world.

I can lift a world map of Earth and hold it in my hands.  I can't lift the world Earth with my hands.

That's the difference between looking at a map, that colors change on, and having a game world.

As much is i would like to have Luthien / Siam / Rasalhauge / New Avalon / Tharkad / Atreus / Outreach in game as social hubs they would fill no other purpoes. But that is in your mind al  that is missing to make this a MMO?

MMO still just means "Massive Multiplayer Online"and with community Warfare inplace those criterias will be filled. We can argue for ever about what the "massive"  part actually means and while i on a conceptual level agree with you i have come to accept that the meaning and use of the MMO*insert what ever* will change over time.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

9/13/12 7:15:59 AM#42
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Because you seem to very fixated on the physical "world" as in walking around in a physical area. While i consider that community warfare will provide the persistant world.

I can lift a world map of Earth and hold it in my hands.  I can't lift the world Earth with my hands.

That's the difference between looking at a map, that colors change on, and having a game world.

As much is i would like to have Luthien / Siam / Rasalhauge / New Avalon / Tharkad / Atreus / Outreach in game as social hubs they would fill no other purpoes. But that is in your mind al  that is missing to make this a MMO?

MMO still just means "Massive Multiplayer Online"and with community Warfare inplace those criterias will be filled. We can argue for ever about what the "massive"  part actually means and while i on a conceptual level agree with you i have come to accept that the meaning and use of the MMO*insert what ever* will change over time.

Well the multiplayer isn't massive though.  It's just 24 people at a time.  A persistant WORLD helps fit it into some definitions, but without being massively multiplayer, it'd just be a multiplayer online game.

El Psy Congroo

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

9/13/12 7:18:29 AM#43

Originally posted by Mackeh
Just read that this state of the art 2012 MMO will have 12 v 12 which may be scaled back to 8 v 8 

I was playing 40 v 40 in WOW 6 years ago and 25 v 25 in the 90's in Quake.

Such small minded developers we have now, they have the best servers the fastest broadband yet they are only capable of churning out small minded games, WOT, MWO, WOP etc

No wonder the Blizzard devs are so smug, they are light years ahead of most other companies.

MORPG.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

9/13/12 7:21:24 AM#44
Originally posted by Nitth

Just read that this state of the art 2012 MMO will have 12 v 12 which may be scaled back to 8 v 8 

Such small minded developers we have now, they have the best servers the fastest broadband yet they are only capable of churning out small minded games, WOT, MWO, WOP etc

No wonder the Blizzard devs are so smug, they are light years ahead of most other companies.

MORPG.

Heck, even the "RP" part of it is debatable.  You role-play a mechwarrior about as much as I role-play a Spartan in Halo.  Perhaps less.

El Psy Congroo

Caldrin

Elite Member

9/13/12 7:38:20 AM#45
IF they ever get the community warefare in place then depending on how exactly it works then sure maybe it could be classed as an MMO... but as it stands right now MWO is not an MMO and its as simple as that...

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

crabcakes66

Novice Member

9/17/12 1:20:23 AM#46

You mean it's not finished yet?

This is breaking news. We better alert the media to this discovery.

bubaluba

Novice Member

9/17/12 1:39:14 AM#47
Well thats why everyone return after some time to wow. Smoooth and awesome bg, some of zones are very large like tol barad and wintergrasp, best open world pvp with huge raids on opponent cities. I like MechWarrior online but 8vs8 only bg is just not enough
  aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

9/17/12 1:42:59 AM#48

OP:

It is am mmo. There are going to be consequences to the state of the political climate to the universe if you lose that 1 fight or 1 planet.

It is just not implemented yet because it is still in early BETA

You do know it is still in early BETA rite?

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

9/17/12 1:47:03 AM#49

Well you do realize Wow is probably the lowest tech PC big name title in this genre?You can enjoy MANY things in WOW but TECh is NOT one of them.

I have seen mech warrior and to be honest ,it is far from a high tech state of the art game either.

However i really cannot get into commenting on how misleading dveloipers have become to sell their games.It is no wonder so many gamers come away unhappy and complaining about games,it is becuase many try to lie or mislead them.

Myself personally,i enjoy 1 on 1 the best for the msot skillfull type competition,The bigger the less interested i am.

Example i was around when FPS and Esports started back in the days of Quake and unreal.The MOST i would ever play was 4 players,anymore i found the game play less skillfull with more backstabbing or players getting clean up duty on the battle leftovers.I love the battle of wits between two players ,trying to outwit each otehr.

So imo i would have no problem at all with their setup.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

stayontarget

Guide

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

9/17/12 1:55:31 AM#50

Zerg vs Tatical,  which do you prefer?  As for me, i prefer the tatical aspect of smaller battles.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

c-tray

Advanced Member

10/12/12 8:44:30 PM#51
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

OP:

It is am mmo. There are going to be consequences to the state of the political climate to the universe if you lose that 1 fight or 1 planet.

It is just not implemented yet because it is still in early BETA

You do know it is still in early BETA rite?

Really don't like the direction of mmo's are going then. I mean you sit at a launcher, you can not communicate with any players you need to use forums or third party voip. even then how do you make friends in game? so you sit at a launcher totally discconnected from all other players and then launch into an 8v8 battle that lasts 6-10 minutes then you are kicked back to the launcher. yup feels like an mmo to me.

Edit: what's wrong with just calling a game a multiplayer game or an online game that has feature x. Like creating a story form the won or lost battles. I mean I feel the gaming industry just wants to slap the term MMo on any game just so they can charge monthly fees or sell stuff for real money in game if it's "ftp".

Maybe wiki should rediffine MMO to mean any game that takes real money from the player throughout it's lifecycle.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search