Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,483 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,606
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » Gazilllion is just another developer that filters posters even if they have no violations

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
54 posts found
  jaif

Novice Member

6/07/14 9:10:42 PM#41

Your tone in this thread makes it very clear why you must have been reported.  If this forum had that feature, I'd report you - what you've said is borderline libel.

-Jeff

prowess

Novice Member

6/07/14 9:28:31 PM#42

Hiding your forum posts while they're still visible from your account/IP?  That's really shady...

I fell out of Marvel Heroes for a similarly shady scenario...  Though, I was totally at fault..  I said something silly/stupid in game and got banned 8 hours after my infraction while I was asleep.  When I attempted to log in game, I was not greeted with a "you have been banned for being stupid." message, rather, a message claiming my password was incorrect...  So naturally, I submitted a ticket with support..  After submitting the ticket, I discovered the infraction on my account and withdrew my ticket, and submitted a new one, politely expressing that while I wholeheartedly agreed with the action they took against my account, their anti-confrontational tactic for removing me from game incited undue confusion and could lead some individuals to be upset enough to seek vengeance against the game, thus increasing the toxicity of the community instead of decreasing, as their goals are...  The response that I got was not only unprofessional and disrespectful, but borderline childish and taunting..  It was as if the customer support team leader that was handling my ticket wanted me to get angry and fight with him...  I didn't take the bait..  waited out my ban...  When I logged back on, my feelings about the leadership of the game administration had destroyed the mysticism and awe that I held for the game world and I just couldn't get back into it...

I chose the Xfinity speed test because it does not reveal my ISP.

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

OP  6/08/14 1:11:32 AM#43
Originally posted by jaif

Your tone in this thread makes it very clear why you must have been reported.  If this forum had that feature, I'd report you - what you've said is borderline libel.

-Jeff

LOL. Everything I said was 100% true.  The truth isn't libel.

shogunreaper

Novice Member

6/13/14 4:05:51 PM#44
This happened to me too

Apparently its a feature of vanilla forums that will mark an account as troll after a certain amount of user reports. (I honestly have no idea why they didn't just stick with vbulletin, it really saddened me the day they went with this second rate forum software)

You used to be able to see that your account was marked as troll (not you yourself, but if you logged out and viewed your profile it would say it) but they removed that too.

its all just a bit to shady for my liking, sure you can message a mod and ask them to fix it but that's unreliable. Sure its probably annoying for them to respond to every message about this but if they aren't prepared for that they shouldn't be using it to begin with.

It happened multiple times to me and they stopped responding to my pms (so i figured they put me on ignore or something) so when i made another account and sent a pm i got an instant (actual) ban on the forum.

The best way i can see to get them to fix this is just to go around and constantly mark posts as troll, if enough people get pissed off about it they might fix the terrible system. An automated user based report system is never ever a good idea.
  Impacthound

Apprentice Member

6/13/14 4:18:00 PM#45
I saw my first player in the raid forums today with jail bars over their Dr. Strange portrait, and they had a HUGE bar for dislikes on their profile's details. Maybe it's fixed going forward?
  shogunreaper

Novice Member

6/13/14 5:22:10 PM#46
Originally posted by Impacthound
I saw my first player in the raid forums today with jail bars over their Dr. Strange portrait, and they had a HUGE bar for dislikes on their profile's details. Maybe it's fixed going forward?

No thats a different thing. I'm pretty sure a mod has to actually take action against a person for it to happen.  Here's what it says on a jailed persons profile             

<p hero-jailed="" message"="">has been Jailed.
  • Can't post discussions.
  • Can't post as often.
  • Signature hidden.

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

OP  6/13/14 7:39:31 PM#47
Originally posted by shogunreaper

The best way i can see to get them to fix this is just to go around and constantly mark posts as troll, if enough people get pissed off about it they might fix the terrible system. An automated user based report system is never ever a good idea.

I can't see myself doing that.  But I obviously agree that their system and lack of response to PMs for explanations is unacceptable.

Impacthound

Apprentice Member

6/16/14 1:25:55 PM#48
Some guy named Raagnarz went on a huge rant about this same thing in the front page article about re-visiting Marvel Heroes with Brevik. Used a lot of the same keywords and phrases Frodo has, made me come back to doublecheck. Did you make an alt account or something?
  DamonVile

Apprentice Member

6/16/14 1:28:32 PM#49
This thread should have died after doomsaw responded.
  Vooodu

Novice Member

7/26/14 11:57:01 AM#50

Marvel Heroes is a fun game but is essentially a cash trap. The developers have no interest in improving it beyond that, despite their constant and disingenous claims to the contrary. Players who are critical of their business model, practices and game direction. Regardless of how constructive they are, will be met with harassment and ostracization from the moderators and community alike. To further that point, the sycophantic nature of the MH community is the reason Gazillion gets away with this behavior. Much of their player base is spending lavish amounts of money and heaping cult-like praise upon the developers despite their inherently lazy efforts and obvious attempts to silence criticisms.

Theres have been many reports of Bias Mods banning players for no real reason.   Including myself.   No reason is given.  Simply put, if you have different point of view andyou garner to much attention you become a problem for Gaz.

And.. if some of the community decides to troll or mock you for this point of view you are stuck with a problem. You can't respond or you are given a penalty. If you report them you are given a penalty also.. Because Gaz does not like negative responses on their product. They do their best to silence anyone who says other wise. Gaz moderators play favorites to those who blindly support them. 

Gaz has been playing this game for a while. Even drop rates get nerfed and messed with constantly in order to sucker people into buying item find potions. Sure, they had lots of events that boosted this, but that was just to make players addicted to huge drops. Now its almost as if you need item find potions to get decent drop rates. 

Infact as of now their plan is to nerf drop rates to the ground in order to push out better "raid gear' to make current gear useless. To better push people to buy said potions.

Even some of the most basic problems still exist in this game and with alot of areas remaining un-polished. But Gaz does not seem to care. They are more focused on churning out new heros/costumes and moving the goal line in order to keep their hype machine rolling to keep bringing in revenue.  And shutting everyone up in the process.

Also... heres some proof of how Gazillion handles their critics. Even fans of the game.

They delete their posts, ban them OR shadow ban them.. Shadow ban being you can still post on their forums but no one can actually see what you posted. Cool right? Its like talking to yourself.

Heres some proof..

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2aph2s/muted_heroes_a_game_of_censorship/

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2ansio/silencing_opinions_and_criticism_by_shadowbanning/

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2ajkfo/protest_against_gazillion_dont_buy_gs_until_they/

Theres is alot more. But id say thats enough. Gazillion is a shady company folks. Be-warned.

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

OP  7/26/14 2:07:25 PM#51
Originally posted by Impacthound
Some guy named Raagnarz went on a huge rant about this same thing in the front page article about re-visiting Marvel Heroes with Brevik. Used a lot of the same keywords and phrases Frodo has, made me come back to doublecheck. Did you make an alt account or something?

I have no idea what you are talking about but I've never made an alt account.  I've always used this name when referring to Marvel Heroes here, on the official forums and on reddit.

I wasn't the first to speak out on their shadow bans and crazy moderation and I won't be the last.

Grahl

Novice Member

7/26/14 6:59:37 PM#52
I don't play the game anymore, though I do like it. I agree that that MH forum moderation is ridiculous. All you have to do to get people banned is write some inflammatory, insulting posts but dress it up in nice words...then when somebody gets angry and responds, you and your friends dogpile flags on them.

I don't even look at their forums anymore. Most of the people that had anything negative to say got banned long ago.

Not to mention the other shady things they do like moving negative posts to parts of the forums that nobody looks at so they disappear quietly.

Anyway, fun game with bad forums imo.
  Radoo

Apprentice Member

7/30/14 12:06:26 AM#53

@OP

Hi,

I know what you're talking about.

I usually read the MH forums for the bug reports or game patch details, same as for the Reddit news or interesting threads.

Yes, there are a lot of shady things happening with this game; like major changes that affect players negatively  (nerfs) that are not mentioned in the patch notes. In  recurrent scenarios players found out the nerfs then had Gazilion  to change them even if they were already quietly implemented. (prestige costumes removed, boss stats increased, exp needed for omega points doubled, and others as well in the omega system and not).

Also the behavior towards constructive criticism is always dealt with the wrong approach. I remember reading posts of enraged players asking for other sites or sub-forums where they could freely express their ideas and opinions without the fear of reprisal. Aside from the forum moderation, there's also something which someone called "the white knights of Gaz". Forum or Reddit posters that randomly and without any base or logic attack posts that are inconvenient to the game or to Gazilion.

This would be a good study case for you all. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2ajpx9/witch_hunting_and_boycotting_gaz_is_only_going_to/

Many things are said in the linked thread and some words are totally offensive, yet the same poster, over and over, is allowed to continue, furthermore, a person of staff from Gazillion is present to the thread and posting frequently, but he doesn't take the time to pinch at the offender, still he has the time to find counter-arguments for those that politely raise criticism. 

After reading through this thread and seeing sides clash and logic i lost all interest in the community of this game, the game itself and stopped playing.

Blaze_Rocker

Advanced Member

I've got a fevah, and the only prescription...is more cowbell.

7/30/14 12:21:58 AM#54
Yeah, they do that here too so save copies of what you post so you can repost whenever your posts mysteriously disappear for no reason.

Was City of Heroes a failure because it couldn't run nine years or was it a success because it ran more than eight?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search