Trending Games | Trove | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,871,707 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,254,680
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » Time for a re-review, MMORPG.com staff?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  cptndunsel

Novice Member

5/28/14 5:49:33 AM#21
Much prefer City of Heroes and City of Villians. This game seemed worse in almost every aspect - the only hook being the named super heroes you can play with.
  Impacthound

Advanced Member

5/28/14 9:59:54 AM#22
Originally posted by cptndunsel
Much prefer City of Heroes and City of Villians. This game seemed worse in almost every aspect - the only hook being the named super heroes you can play with.

I agree, I was super-annoyed with Marvel trying to sue City at the time, and then announcing a competing game after they lost. I'm glad it ended up being a different genre entirely, but it also stings less that City isn't up anymore so there isn't that clash of communities. I genuinely like Marvel stuff, but sometimes the marketing & legal decisions they make drive me crazy; this kind of game could have been out a decade ago(albeit with crappier graphics)

ChaoticWake

Novice Member

5/28/14 11:27:15 AM#23

Originally posted by Nadia
thanks Op for linking this re-review http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/marvel-heroes

This is even an old review. This is for patch 2.2 which came out in very early February of this year. MH is currently on patch 2.48 and there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE patch that is about to be released featuring tons of new things.. Raids, Omega system and lots more. It's the 1 year anniversary on June 4th and the start of the MH 2014-2015 season. The game is really good but it's about to get a lot better.

Originally posted by cptndunsel

City of Heroes isn't even the same type of game as Marvel Heroes. Marvel Heroes is an ARPG like the Diablo series. If you are looking for something like City of Heroes then Champions Online and DC Universe Online were what you should of played, not Marvel Heroes. Did you not look into the game at all before you installed?

Profish13

Novice Member

5/30/14 5:30:25 PM#24
The game now is nothing like it was at launch, so doing a new review would seem fitting especially given it's about to hit its 1 year anniversary. When I first started playing, I think that review was appropriate. I enjoyed the game, but it clearly had many flaws and extreme lack of polish. Much has changed since then, and while it still has a long way to go, it continues to become more fun and overall a better game. I wish the review sites would do a re-review each year for every online game as a lot changes in that amount of time.
  Utinni

Apprentice Member

5/30/14 8:05:04 PM#25
There are listed reviews with a 0/100 on metacritic. Jesus.
  Impacthound

Advanced Member

7/09/14 10:07:16 AM#26

Heh, surprised they finally did it. Front page now!

8.2, pretty good, made fair points throughout, other than the "10 wolverines" exaggeration.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/693/view/reviews/load/335

2 Pages « 1 2 Search