Trending Games | ArcheAge | Pirate101 | Wasteland 2 | MapleStory

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,192 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,781
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » If you love to Trade avoid this game at all cost.

18 posts found
  Goromhir

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/06/09
Posts: 302

 
OP  8/23/13 12:33:26 PM#1

This game has no 

>Secure Trading Window

>No way to Link items to Chat

> no way to trade with currency

> no auction house either

 

the only way to trade in Marvel Heroes is to Drop items to the ground. If you get scammed its your problem.

If you want to offer Items in a /trade chat you have to type in all stats

Theres no way to trade currency.

 

The lead developer of this game DOOMSAW thinks its awesome to have no way to trade items or money other than dropping them to the ground. 

I think its unbelievable stupid for this game genre to loot hundreds of items that cant be traded with other players.....

 Why ever they think its great to have no secure trade system is a mystery to me....

 

If you are a trader type player avoid this game at all cost !

 

 

 

 

 

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19830

8/26/13 7:28:55 PM#2

I wouldn't trade in this game. It is a pure self-found game.

 

  Goromhir

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/06/09
Posts: 302

 
OP  8/27/13 4:18:59 AM#3
Originally posted by nariusseldon

I wouldn't trade in this game. It is a pure self-found game.

 

strange but they have a /TRADE chat channel..... why do they have that if the game is pure self found ?

they just had no time to implement a trade system and they tell their players the crap about self found etc etc ....

if its pure self found then they need to remove /trade chat and the possibility to drop items completly.

The /trade channel is a concession to all players that want a real trade system.

 

Doomsaw is a storyteller of no comparison, he should become a politican..... he has so many followers on the GAZ forums its almost like a cult of Doomsaw..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  nariusseldon

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/07
Posts: 19830

9/04/13 1:45:36 PM#4
Originally posted by Goromhir
Originally posted by nariusseldon

I wouldn't trade in this game. It is a pure self-found game.

 

strange but they have a /TRADE chat channel..... why do they have that if the game is pure self found ?

they just had no time to implement a trade system and they tell their players the crap about self found etc etc ....

if its pure self found then they need to remove /trade chat and the possibility to drop items completly.

The /trade channel is a concession to all players that want a real trade system.

 

Doomsaw is a storyteller of no comparison, he should become a politican..... he has so many followers on the GAZ forums its almost like a cult of Doomsaw..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I will play the game as self-found until a trade system is implemented.

  gamekid2k

Novice Member

Joined: 6/24/12
Posts: 363

9/07/13 4:37:55 AM#5
Originally posted by Goromhir

This game has no 

>Secure Trading Window

>No way to Link items to Chat

> no way to trade with currency

> no auction house either

 

the only way to trade in Marvel Heroes is to Drop items to the ground. If you get scammed its your problem.

If you want to offer Items in a /trade chat you have to type in all stats

Theres no way to trade currency.

 

The lead developer of this game DOOMSAW thinks its awesome to have no way to trade items or money other than dropping them to the ground. 

I think its unbelievable stupid for this game genre to loot hundreds of items that cant be traded with other players.....

 Why ever they think its great to have no secure trade system is a mystery to me....

 

If you are a trader type player avoid this game at all cost !

Damn, what the hell are dev thinking.   This is too crazy.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

  Doomsaw-Gazillion

Marvel Heroes

Joined: 10/03/13
Posts: 159

10/04/13 1:14:02 PM#6

 

The original poster is incorrect.

 

There is a very active trading community for Marvel Heroes with very organized practices.

 

There is also direct player to player trading features in development (but no money auction house).

  Nephaerius

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/18/09
Posts: 1466

10/04/13 1:31:25 PM#7
Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion

 

The original poster is incorrect.

 

There is a very active trading community for Marvel Heroes with very organized practices.

 

There is also direct player to player trading features in development (but no money auction house).

 I don't see how that contradicts anything the OP said?  He said there's no way to link items in chat, no way to trade btw players, and no AH.  The only way to trade is to drop items on the ground to transfer them from one player to another. 

He didn't say there wasn't a robust community engaged in trading in your title (millions of players throwing items on the ground in an organized fashion of course).  He didn't say there was a lack of trading.  He stated that you have failed to provide a basic feature(s) that every other game out there in the same genre would normally launch with, a way or ways to facilitate transferring items between players sans dropping them on the ground.

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

  Vidir

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/14/04
Posts: 966

10/04/13 1:40:50 PM#8
Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion

 

The original poster is incorrect.

 

There is a very active trading community for Marvel Heroes with very organized practices.

 

There is also direct player to player trading features in development (but no money auction house).

Ok a very Active trading comunity,, are those all scammers?

 

  kiern

Novice Member

Joined: 3/04/04
Posts: 430

10/07/13 7:12:58 PM#9

I am guessing that the Unreal engine, while good for action games, has been a bit challenging to make certain MMO functions work.

 

I also think the key word is "secure". I think that they could get trading to work, but getting it to work securely may be more of a problem.

 

What I don't get is the idea of avoiding the game be it lacks trading. Single player games lack trading and people still manage to find a way to enjoy them. Are there really people that enjoy trading more than the games themselves?  

  Afro-Thunder

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/05/08
Posts: 65

10/07/13 7:22:37 PM#10
Originally posted by kiern Are there really people that enjoy trading more than the games themselves?  

Actually? Yes there are.

  Deadlyne

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/19/10
Posts: 220

10/07/13 7:24:48 PM#11
Originally posted by kiern

I am guessing that the Unreal engine, while good for action games, has been a bit challenging to make certain MMO functions work.

 

I also think the key word is "secure". I think that they could get trading to work, but getting it to work securely may be more of a problem.

 

What I don't get is the idea of avoiding the game be it lacks trading. Single player games lack trading and people still manage to find a way to enjoy them. Are there really people that enjoy trading more than the games themselves?  

IIRC Vanguard used the Unreal engine and the trade function there worked exactly as it should.  

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

  avalon1000

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/04/08
Posts: 727

10/07/13 7:26:01 PM#12
Firefall has no trading system.. Makes it hard for gold sellers to do business. I thought it was crazy at first, but now I don't miss it at all. (They do have a market place).
  Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

Joined: 3/25/07
Posts: 1410

10/07/13 7:31:19 PM#13

I trade amongst myself, and my supersquad.

I play each char seperately as a RP situation

 

  aRtFuLThinG

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/30/09
Posts: 1024

10/07/13 7:59:32 PM#14
Originally posted by Goromhir

This game has no 

>Secure Trading Window

>No way to Link items to Chat

> no way to trade with currency

> no auction house either

The better question is, why are superheroes even trading? :P

 

Superheroes are not supposed to save people for greed or money lol

  Torvaldr

Elite Member

Joined: 6/10/09
Posts: 5818

10/07/13 8:50:36 PM#15

It would have been good for some sort of rudimentary trade system to be implemented by launch. It's sort of standard for most mmo types of games. Players expect that sort of thing now.

However, I would point out that Lineage had no trade system other than ground drops. We all love old school here right? But when old school rears its head, the complaints come. Yeah, I know, different groups of people have different tastes.

Anyway, if I play this game, or any superhero game, it's not for the trading. It's to play a superhero. Trading isn't one of the significant factors in making that decision.

Curse you AquaScum!

  rapatpamp

Novice Member

Joined: 11/03/13
Posts: 6

11/03/13 3:32:56 PM#16
They are adding a secure trade option in the future. I would rather them get it right then not. As far as the AH goes they said none , ever. No gold spammers is such a change of pace :)
  Goromhir

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/06/09
Posts: 302

 
OP  11/04/13 10:30:02 AM#17

Until today theres no way to trade but throwing things to the ground......

 

GAZ is adding new Heroes every few weeks but they cant introduce a simple trade interface

 

So Easy

/trade channel

/linkitem to trade channel

A Secure Trade window

 

is all .................... whats so hard about that ?

  Master.Ryu

Novice Member

Joined: 12/13/12
Posts: 55

11/20/13 1:58:54 PM#18
I'll go out on a limb and say you've never played games like PoE and D2.