Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,213 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,813
Secret Identity Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » You can earn heroes with a new currency

7 posts found
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

OP  7/23/13 2:16:59 AM#1

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/faq-eternity-splinters

Make it easier with less RNG to get the hero you want.

Vlacke

Apprentice Member

7/27/13 1:47:56 PM#2

Yeah, the splinter system in the big wednsday patch, along with new end game zone, Human Torch and other features.

Frankly i am looking forward to it, this game is still far from complete but if one likes Marvel Universe there really isn't anything better on the market.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

OP  7/29/13 2:11:09 PM#3
Originally posted by Vlacke

Yeah, the splinter system in the big wednsday patch, along with new end game zone, Human Torch and other features.

Frankly i am looking forward to it, this game is still far from complete but if one likes Marvel Universe there really isn't anything better on the market.

Exactly.

And the game is MUCH better after L10 or so. The enemies have more variety, and interesting abilities.

BTW, i have got a ironman costume (the mark 42 from the recent movie) from a website promotion and i am dying to save up some splinters so that i can buy ironman and use that costume.

angerbeaver

Elite Member

Games Played:Ultima OnlineRappelzLOTROWoWGWGW2SWTOR

7/31/13 3:04:26 PM#4
Originally posted by nariusseldon

I didn't play on the test server so I don't know the drop rate of the splinters or the cost of each hero but each splinter is considered a rare drop. It seems as though this will be more frustrating in order to get heroes since you need tons of rng to get splinters but the huge benefit is you get to choose which one to buy using the splinters.

kryles Xfire Miniprofile
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

OP  8/01/13 4:02:24 PM#5
Originally posted by angerbeaver
Originally posted by nariusseldon

I didn't play on the test server so I don't know the drop rate of the splinters or the cost of each hero but each splinter is considered a rare drop. It seems as though this will be more frustrating in order to get heroes since you need tons of rng to get splinters but the huge benefit is you get to choose which one to buy using the splinters.

There will be less RNG because of the law of large number. They said the expected time to get a hero is roughly the same as before (of a single drop her) but the variation will be much smaller.

And the huge benefit, as you say, is you get to choose your hero.

Doomsaw-Gazillion

Marvel Heroes

10/04/13 2:05:38 PM#6

The splinter system is working really well, I think you will like it as a way to earn any hero you want.

We've also added rare drops of 10 splinter packs to the game, which are cool. I've gotten one so far.

Rayquestmarvel

Apprentice Member

11/22/13 5:16:12 AM#7

EXcellent  idea and a awesome move to deeply engaging with MH gamers

I really love the new ES system cool

and now prices are also coming down so its gonna rock  :)

thank you

DOOM SAW BUDDY