Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,783,268 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,303
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » What do you like about Marvel Heroes?

7 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  5/12/13 8:20:15 AM#1

-I like how you can find most of the cash shop items in-game as drops!

-Love that there is going to be a TON of superheroes so you will always have something to do.

-I love the simplicity of the skill system and loot. It's not too simple but not overly complicated.

-I love the game structure and how it has open zones to explore and random events you can do with other players in your area.

-Loot is unique to the player so no competition! WOOT!

This game is looking fun so far! It's free and the cash shop isn't going to be crazy like most free games! You can even earn heroes and unlocks from monster drops! Can't for for the launch!

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/13/13 10:40:48 AM#2

- an online, persistent version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance

- Good character models & costumes .. but so-so animation & polish :(

Ujirik

Novice Member

5/13/13 11:17:21 AM#3
I like most things about Marvel Heroes.  The gameplay is fun, graphics are great and the cash shop seems fair.  My only complaints are the limited video settings (only High/Med/Low with no customization) and that you're stuck using your account name as your character name and can't change it. 

Balcifer504

Novice Member

"Tell your mom to cut the psychic umbilical cord..."

5/14/13 2:50:12 PM#4
It definitely has the Diablo feel, but with added awesomeness of the marvel universe. I was really liking the crafting system. It wasn't too complicated or too simple. It also made items have more versatility as you could convert them to be used on another character. I played about 5 characters in closed beta, and all were a blast.
  Ozimandeus

Novice Member

5/15/13 5:30:56 AM#5

- Fluid and Open Play style - just like Diablo II

- Randomization of open play areas

- Progressively large play areas as you move through the game

- 26 Heroes right off the bat

- The actual characters I want to play - finally I get to play Hulk in a MMOARPG setting, rather then spend days trying to make a character as close to Hulk as possible.

- MAD and intense battles, with lots of people running around the volume level goes up and up and up.. and my grin gets wider each time

- Isometric view - I know I'm in the minority here but for me, progress peaked with UO - really pleased I can play a MMOARPG back in this view.

- Loot drops per person, (no fighting over loot)

- Loot 'Blooms' 

- scaled encounters, the more of you there are the tougher the villain is to defeat

- shared experiences (just like Guild Wars 2) ; you hope to see someone else.. not run in the opposite direction to avoid conflicts over tagged mobs

- a lush and expansive universe - lets face it, other than Tolkien what other universe can boast a 60 year old legacy of canon to draw upon?

- thoughtful and responsive development team - they have been awesome in the beta forums, they listen, and whilst they are not for turning on key elements (its an ARPG, Marvel Canon must be preserved, etc) they at least explain.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/15/13 11:51:50 AM#6
Originally posted by Balcifer504
It definitely has the Diablo feel, but with added awesomeness of the marvel universe. I was really liking the crafting system. It wasn't too complicated or too simple. It also made items have more versatility as you could convert them to be used on another character. I played about 5 characters in closed beta, and all were a blast.

It is also a good idea to be able to upgrade your vendor.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/15/13 11:57:31 AM#7
Originally posted by Ozimandeus

- Fluid and Open Play style - just like Diablo II

Agreed. Plus you get to fight famous marvel villains.

- Randomization of open play areas

Agreed.

- Progressively large play areas as you move through the game

Haven't got to much of the higher level areas yet .. i am saving those for the real release.

- 26 Heroes right off the bat

I wish there are more .. 26 is not more than MUA 1 & 2, which are SP games. But i suppose there will be more hopefully soon.

- The actual characters I want to play - finally I get to play Hulk in a MMOARPG setting, rather then spend days trying to make a character as close to Hulk as possible.

Agreed 1000x ... i made an Iron man -like hero on DCUO .. just no the same.

- MAD and intense battles, with lots of people running around the volume level goes up and up and up.. and my grin gets wider each time

I like fighting many enemies at the same time. Just not the same if i only fight 2 or 3.

- Isometric view - I know I'm in the minority here but for me, progress peaked with UO - really pleased I can play a MMOARPG back in this view.

No. I am with you. Isometric view is more tactical because you can see around you .. also make some skills more fun.

- Loot drops per person, (no fighting over loot)

Yeh .. the diablo way which i prefer.

- Loot 'Blooms' 

Yeh

- scaled encounters, the more of you there are the tougher the villain is to defeat

Yeh

- shared experiences (just like Guild Wars 2) ; you hope to see someone else.. not run in the opposite direction to avoid conflicts over tagged mobs

This is where i disagree. i don't want to see 20 spidermans running around. This game is better as an online ARPG then a MMO.

- a lush and expansive universe - lets face it, other than Tolkien what other universe can boast a 60 year old legacy of canon to draw upon?

Star Trek? DC? But i do agree marvel has a great universe.

- thoughtful and responsive development team - they have been awesome in the beta forums, they listen, and whilst they are not for turning on key elements (its an ARPG, Marvel Canon must be preserved, etc) they at least explain.