Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,561 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,872
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » Not a MOBA, and Not an MMO

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

5/12/13 6:53:16 PM#21
Originally posted by rojo6934
Originally posted by BearKnight
It's NOT an MMO though. It is a Diablo Action RPG. You can't call that an MMO, it isn't one :).

i havent played it and wont play it but ill say this. If its just a coop thing then its not an mmo. If its a massively multiplayer game in a persistent world then its an mmo. As far as i know its an action rpg like diablo with multiplayer loby like vindictus. If that is the case then it is not an mmo.

That is exactly what it is.  Its a Diablo, Torchlight, Path of Exile clone.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

raww

Apprentice Member

5/12/13 7:02:25 PM#22
Originally posted by Gravarg
It's a Massively Multiplayer Online Lobby RPG :)  Then again, almost all MMOs since WoW have been that lol

This.  Therefore the game is an MMO.

Moo

freegames

Novice Member

5/12/13 7:56:43 PM#23

An mmo is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously.

Some games that are online with only 4 players at the same still call themselves mmos. . Technically it has to be a persistent world with many players, but as you know many games just billed themselves as mmos and many just call starting all online multiplayer games and the like as mmos.

Online Action Role Playing Games might be the correct term, but really the most important thing is whether the game is worth playing or not. History has shown us that it will probably not be that great, but at least average to above average vs the thousands of other F2P games out there.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/13/13 10:38:00 AM#24
Originally posted by azzamasin
It's NOT an MMO though. It is a Diablo Action RPG. You can't call that an MMO, it isn't one :).

i havent played it and wont play it but ill say this. If its just a coop thing then its not an mmo. If its a massively multiplayer game in a persistent world then its an mmo. As far as i know its an action rpg like diablo with multiplayer loby like vindictus. If that is the case then it is not an mmo.

We are still at this?

Does it matter? If it is fun, great. If not, skip. Whether it is a mmo, or a online ARPG is pretty much irrelevant.

Cecropia

Gumshoe

Poacher killer.

5/13/13 10:46:06 AM#25
Originally posted by nariusseldon

We are still at this?

Does it matter? If it is fun, great. If not, skip. Whether it is a mmo, or a online ARPG is pretty much irrelevant.

Get used to it, homie. The is a website called M M O R P G .com. You may not give two shits about genres, but clearly some of us do as this site known as M M O R P G .com is quite popular. If it bothers you to such a degree, find another website that covers a broader spectrum of video games. Yeah they do a bit here and there on out of genre titles that may interest those who us who are into M M O R P Gs, but ultimately this is a site that deals with M M O R P Gs.

"Chuck's a good fighter but he's a UFC fighter... this is Pride." - Quinton Rampage Jackson
"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/14/13 12:17:43 PM#26
Originally posted by Cecropia
Originally posted by nariusseldon

We are still at this?

Get used to it, homie. The is a website called M M O R P G .com. You may not give two shits about genres, but clearly some of us do as this site known as M M O R P G .com is quite popular. If it bothers you to such a degree, find another website that covers a broader spectrum of video games. Yeah they do a bit here and there on out of genre titles that may interest those who us who are into M M O R P Gs, but ultimately this is a site that deals with M M O R P Gs.

Really? I saw D3, LoL, WoT and quite a few non-MMO supported here with their own forums.

Plus, you think everyone here just play "true" MMORPGs?

UnrealRpg

Novice Member

5/25/13 11:28:11 PM#27
A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet. Many games have at least one persistent world, however others just have large numbers of players competing at once in one form or another without any lasting effect to the world at all.
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/28/13 12:27:14 PM#28
Originally posted by UnrealRpg
A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet. Many games have at least one persistent world, however others just have large numbers of players competing at once in one form or another without any lasting effect to the world at all.

And i care about a definition, instead of whether a game is fun, because?

DamonVile

Elite Member

5/28/13 1:01:44 PM#29
Originally posted by Cecropia

well...homie...

The game is a mmoArpg. Now you may have a total narrow view of what belongs on the site but the people who actually decide things here don't seem to share it.

[mod edit]

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

Ozimandeus

Novice Member

6/03/13 9:51:03 AM#30
It is Massively Multiplayer and it is an aRPG - its a blend of both - and a very good one at that.
  udon

Advanced Member

6/03/13 9:55:38 AM#31

I gave up long ago trying to figure out the logic behind why MMORPG.com will or will not put a game on this site.  The best I can gather the games that people ask to be added get added.

There is a long list of games that probably don't meet the traditional MMO description including some that are marketed as such.  At least Marvel Heroes isn't pretending to be a MMO, at least I have never heard someone at the company call it that.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search