Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Villagers and Heroes | Hearthstone

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,942 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,544
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » So this is some awful joke right?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
92 posts found
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/30/13 3:21:13 PM#81
Originally posted by jesteralways
Originally posted by Z3R01
Originally posted by Yamota
It's sad to see all these great IPs who I grew up with turn into these trash MMOs. Lord of the Rings, DC, Conan, Warhammer and now Marvel. What a waste of such awesome IPs...

Its not really a mmo...

Its Marvel Ultimate Alliance with a few large scale (optional) co-op zones.

People in this thread crying about the price of founders packs are silly... we can play through the game and find every hero and costumes as drops.

this, i played marvel ultimate alliance and i agree with him. this so called mmo is just a rip off.

Wait .. how is this a rip-off? It is a MUA clone that is FREE with 1 hero, and the chance to earn more.

Last time i checked, MUA costs money.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/30/13 3:21:53 PM#82

What I dont understand is that why are there movies, such as Batman, Spider Man and X-Men, which are great and a tribute to the IP they are based on, yet when it comes to games, we get half-assed, childish nonsense.

What are you smoking? Marvel Ultimate Alliance, MUA2, X-men Legends 1 & 2 .. are great games.

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

4/30/13 3:28:33 PM#83
Originally posted by nariusseldon

What I dont understand is that why are there movies, such as Batman, Spider Man and X-Men, which are great and a tribute to the IP they are based on, yet when it comes to games, we get half-assed, childish nonsense.

What are you smoking? Marvel Ultimate Alliance, MUA2, X-men Legends 1 & 2 .. are great games.

They are not fun for me and many others

Yamota

Elite Member

Gaming should be about fun, not gender equality.

4/30/13 5:51:36 PM#84

Sorry, should have made it clear, I was referring to MMOs.

But to be honest, those games are good action games, but they lack a certain depth to be anything more than that.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/01/13 3:11:14 PM#85
Originally posted by RefMinor

They are not fun for me and many others

That does not make them less great.

They are a) well reviewed, b) sold well, and c) many find fun. Not a single game can please everyone on earth. Using your criterion, there will be no good games.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/01/13 3:13:02 PM#86

Sorry, should have made it clear, I was referring to MMOs.

But to be honest, those games are good action games, but they lack a certain depth to be anything more than that.

They are action RPG ... and there is plenty of combat depth (for SP games). In MUA2, there are even combo attacks for specific pairs of heroes.

And they are also good comparison to MH, because MH is designed as such. MH is closer to these great games to traditional MMOs.

Vlacke

Advanced Member

5/02/13 8:57:51 AM#87

Well quite frankly i rather liked this game, although it needs a lot more polish overall.

Gameplay is ARPG style which works rather well, Marvel theme is just great and like many here have said the game is similar to Marvel UA and X-Men Legends which is a good thing in my opinion as i really enjoyed those games.

What i didn't like was the enemy variety, things got repetitive very very quickly, and that is something they will need to improve a lot.

protovox

Advanced Member

5/02/13 11:59:58 PM#88

i found MH to be quite fun but i can understand how some people wont like it.

The ARPG genre is played out nothing really new. but using the marvel heroes skins brought the genre back for me.

game is repetative yes just like diablo is. u repeat the same old boss runs over n over.

as the beta is right now,  it caps out at lvl 35 . live is 60+

right now monsters are no challenge. cause they have no real affixes to challenge us. something like quick mobs. tough mobs.  they are pretty much gonna have 4-5 affixes in endgame on a strong mob so it becomes more challenging.

plus beta right now the skill trees suck. but the company has already announce the skill trees are changing for every character.

endgame content is being added for the big patch in may roughly  2 weeks b4 live.  so will see how this game will do after we see the new additions in beta.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/03/13 7:06:00 PM#89
Originally posted by Vlacke

Well quite frankly i rather liked this game, although it needs a lot more polish overall.

Gameplay is ARPG style which works rather well, Marvel theme is just great and like many here have said the game is similar to Marvel UA and X-Men Legends which is a good thing in my opinion as i really enjoyed those games.

What i didn't like was the enemy variety, things got repetitive very very quickly, and that is something they will need to improve a lot.

I agree. The game is good in the core design philosophy. It is great to make an continuously expanding MUA game.

The issue is in execution. More polish. More content. Better animation. Things like that.

Pest138

Novice Member

5/04/13 2:39:52 PM#90
It's sad to see all these great IPs who I grew up with turn into these trash MMOs. Lord of the Rings, DC, Conan, Warhammer and now Marvel. What a waste of such awesome IPs...

Have to agree with you there, so many of these games are just , I don't know, generic. DC almost was a great game but they kind of dropped the ball after launch. AOC just launched too early and was obviously incomplete.

Eventually I hope some developer creates a great game, just have to wait I guess.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/05/13 8:09:51 PM#91
Originally posted by Pest138

Have to agree with you there, so many of these games are just , I don't know, generic. DC almost was a great game but they kind of dropped the ball after launch. AOC just launched too early and was obviously incomplete.

Eventually I hope some developer creates a great game, just have to wait I guess.

Oh there are plenty of great games. Bioshock was great. Dishonored (and even the DLC) was great.

xknyght

Apprentice Member

5/06/13 10:56:30 AM#92

You guys do understand this game was made by David Brevik the creator of Diablo 1 and 2? I played this game since closed beta and it's awesome! You still get random drops of heroes if you don't want to spend a dime, and if you decide to buy heroes it's no different than buying champions in League of Legends.

I don't know about you guys but I believe in this game and I think it will succeed. I had a blast playing it with my cousin and looking forward to the release.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search