Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,189 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,792
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
88 posts found
  TheClifford

Apprentice Member

1/21/13 1:02:23 AM#41
Originally posted by nariusseldon
Originally posted by TheClifford

So it's business as usual for SWTOR, LOTRO, Everquest, Tera (soon!), Aion, etc., to have in-game cash shops for unlocks and customizations, but its unnaceptable for Marvel Heroes to offer their entire starting cash shop of customizations with a discount for pre-order?

Just wanted to make sure I understood the argument...

In fact, i would add LOL .. the MH model is very similar to LOL, which you pay for character access.

And LOL is the most popular online game ... with more active players than WOW.

Yeah, you're right.  The model seems to be right there with LoL.  Heroes and skins, with a few inconsequential boosts.

SupportPlayerMM

Novice Member

1/21/13 1:05:51 AM#42

I'll relate this thing to a situation IRL. I go out with army buddies often to watch sporting events... it's their usual thing to spend 3.50-5.00$ per beer and drink 4-8 of them in a given night,,, I order Iced Tea and maybe one beer because I can't meantally fathom using my hard earned money on a quadroupled price item. Yet on League of Legends I just used 40.00$ on skins and have used over 200$. I actually feel like I got something for my skins that I still have to this day as opposed to something that I will urine out in a couple hours.

Moral of the story... to each their own, apparently some people here doesn't value games where others might value the additional limited skins or perks of paying that money.

40$ on beer or 40$ on Skins... I choose skin and buy a case for the house?

Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

1/21/13 6:28:37 AM#43

Let's not forget, this package comes with the most valuable boost in the game, 5% magic item find.

I keep seeing people talk about he skins.  It's not just that the skins are overpriced, which they are unless you are extremely submissive or you have massive loads of money to burn.  It's about them giving away the most valuable in-game stats to people who are either rich or submissive enough to spend $200.

This game just became PAY TO WIN!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Denambren

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 2:32:11 PM#44

This appears to be a new spin on the lifetime sub ploy, made relevant for an F2P model.

Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

1/21/13 2:54:33 PM#45
Originally posted by nariusseldon

So it's business as usual for SWTOR, LOTRO, Everquest, Tera (soon!), Aion, etc., to have in-game cash shops for unlocks and customizations, but its unnaceptable for Marvel Heroes to offer their entire starting cash shop of customizations with a discount for pre-order?

Just wanted to make sure I understood the argument...

In fact, i would add LOL .. the MH model is very similar to LOL, which you pay for character access.

And LOL is the most popular online game ... with more active players than WOW.

Yeah, you're right.  The model seems to be right there with LoL.  Heroes and skins, with a few inconsequential boosts.

Inconsequential?  5% Magic Item Find, in most games, is pretty damn far from inconsequential.  Maybe you meant to use the word "overpowered" instead?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

skamper

Novice Member

OP  1/21/13 3:02:33 PM#46

I'm laughing at the people defending this. Have you even played the game? How can you even have any idea if it's worth it or not (ignore the "estmiated" value). There is a difference between worth and value. If something is WORTH $200 then I feel good. If the value is $200 that means nothing.

Also that guy who made a comment about them jacking the price up on to make the others look better, you're dead correct. Bravo. Didn't even think of that. God I love psychology, and it worked on people in this thread! $200 is too much, $20 is too little so let's go with $60! Man this is amazing. I think I may write an article for my publication regarding the psychology behind purchasing digital content.

Xarko

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 3:08:31 PM#47
The funniest part is that ppl who buy these packs wont even get a stupid beta key ..and you see them doing key giveaways on FB etc.
  User Deleted
1/21/13 3:11:58 PM#48
Originally posted by Xarko
The funniest part is that ppl who buy these packs wont even get a stupid beta key ..and you see them doing key giveaways on FB etc.

The second funniest thing is:

Q: Why do people want a beta key?

A: To try the game for free!!

But...but...it's F2P....

Xarko

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 3:20:12 PM#49
Originally posted by Psychow

But...but...it's F2P....

How does it matter if the "MMO" is going to be f2p or p2p for someone who wants to try the game in beta stage ?  Anyway what I meant is, any other company who tries to grab ppls money before the game even launch usually include beta access in the price :)

Edit: and ppl usually want key not only to try the game for free but to try it sooner :) (than others)

nariusseldon

Elite Member

1/22/13 2:07:29 PM#50
Originally posted by Psychow

But...but...it's F2P....

A: To try the game for free and SOON.

Now we are good.

Arcona

Advanced Member

1/23/13 2:22:14 PM#51
Originally posted by Axxar
Just not a fan of greedy corporations taking advantage of naive gamers. 200 bucks is way too much when for example the Diablo 3 CE is only 100 bucks and quite literally dwarfs the Marvel Ultimate pack in terms of content.

You know David Breivik is behind Marvel Heroes right? The man who wrote down Diablo on a napkin at a restaurant. Co-founder of Blizzard North. He had nothing to do with Diablo 3.

So Marvel Heroes 200 vs Diablo 3 100 is a steal

Axxar

Hard Core Member

"See how I reward those who fail me!"

1/24/13 12:03:12 PM#52
Got greedy in his old age, I suppose.

Currently playing: Divinity: Original Sin, FTL, Hearthstone and Skyrim.
Eagerly anticipating: Camelot Unchained, Elite: Dangerous, Legend of Grimrock 2 and Star Citizen.

Doogiehowser

Novice Member

1/24/13 12:07:49 PM#53

I see people still worrying about why, where and how people chose to spend their money. I can also see that token 'they are greedy' guy has also made an appearance. All is well then.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Arcona

Advanced Member

1/24/13 12:43:38 PM#54

That's why you can unlock everything in the game for free?

nariusseldon

Elite Member

1/24/13 1:37:57 PM#55

You are thinking small. $200 is greedy?

Scientology, which sells bad sci-fi for 10s of thousands of dollars, is greedy. David is merely pushing the market.

Plus, it is a free market. You are free to NOT give him any money.

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

1/24/13 2:14:34 PM#56
Guys! Free market is not a market where everything is free!
  Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

1/25/13 3:13:49 PM#57
Originally posted by birdycephon
Guys! Free market is not a market where everything is free!

Can you please give me everything you own that costs $200 or less?  Why not, isn't $200 the exact same thing as FREE?!  You just implied it was.

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/25/13 3:18:33 PM#58
$200 is a relatively small amount of money.  However the features of the game and the things you get for the money are relatively much smaller.

El Psy Congroo

Ice-Queen

Advanced Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

1/25/13 3:20:12 PM#59
I'm no familiar with marvel heroes, it's not my type of game, but I have a question. Are people beta testing it first before paying for it? Or just paying $200 hoping it will be good? Just curious.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

1/25/13 3:21:14 PM#60
Originally posted by birdycephon

So umm... why do you even care?

If people wanna drop $200 on this game, by all means, let them. It only helps the developer put out more content.

if this was true i think all games would be subscription based for the sake of constantly getting mroe content. This stopped being true when most devs started to inhale cash and exhale empty promises.

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search