Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,652 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,284
Gazillion Entertainment | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 06/04/13)  | Pub:Gazillion Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Marvel Heroes Forum » General Discussion » Another Diablo-like MMO being made ...

7 posts found
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

OP  5/23/12 4:04:32 PM#1

Well, the trend is certainly going strong.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/22/marvel-heroes-is-a-diablo-style-mmo

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is one of my favorite games. This is like that (and Diablo) but with MMO elements. I am delighted. In fact, i am not sure why they need the lobby zones.

They may as well just do it like Diablo since most of the combat gameplay will be in instances (it seems). It is F2P anyway, so they are not trying to get a sub fee by pretending to be a MMO.

Scottgun

Advanced Member

5/23/12 4:13:35 PM#2

It is F2P anyway, so they are not trying to get a sub fee by pretending to be a MMO. 

What? You mean I can't make a raid with seventeen spider-men?

How not to sell me on a game: "And most people that make it past the tutorial seem to appreciate [x game's] uniqueness, even if they don't find it fun."

nariusseldon

Elite Member

OP  5/23/12 4:40:33 PM#3
Originally posted by Scottgun

It is F2P anyway, so they are not trying to get a sub fee by pretending to be a MMO. 

What? You mean I can't make a raid with seventeen spider-men?

I bet you *can* .. depending on what you call a raid, and what is the limit to a group.

Conversely, they may also limit one hero per group (i.e. only 1 spiderman in a group).

For me, none of these matter much. The most important question is whether the combat is fun. If it is half as much as D3, or MUA, i will play. (Well, since it is F2P, i will TRY anyway).

Gabby-air

Tipster

5/23/12 5:15:34 PM#4

It's Ultimate Alliance Online pretty much. 

Moaky07

Advanced Member

MMO sandbox games are as exciting as watching paint dry.

6/03/12 11:42:54 PM#5
Originally posted by Gabby-air

NP, that is a case of gimme gimme gimme. MUA1 was freaking awesome, and I still bust it out occasionally till this very day. Mindless mayhem sure, but not something I am above enjoying.

Not counting Batman Arkham Asylum and City, which are on a whole nother superhero game lvl, MUA1 has been my favorite hero game ever. Unlike MUA 2, MUA 1 allows you to keep playing thru to max out char stats/powers. For a completionist, you are talking mega play thrus.

I spent months playing thru the game repeatedly, and I am no where close to maxing all chars out. Maxing out to me is 150 in all 3 stats, all powers maxed, and a +14 Def/+3 to any power item. Thus far I believe only Wolverine has done it in my game, although Cap is pretty close. With the possibily of gaining +25 in all 3 stats, and 10 power upgrades per playthru(an extra 3, and 1 power up if ya do the simulator missions per char), we are talking a huge time commitment. As an example, I still have like 25 in each stat for Iron Man to max, and probably 30 ish power ups. Since I am getting his via missions each play thru, we are talking at least 25 more play thrus.

The characters without personal missions have to be done entirely thru game play.  Like I said, incentive to play thru mega times for a completionist.

So hopefully the MMO play gives the addiction that the first MUA gave to me.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

godzilr1

Novice Member

6/13/12 5:36:15 PM#6

that sucks.  also everything reads as you can only play heroes,   think i'm going to pass on this

nariusseldon

Elite Member

OP  6/14/12 4:50:02 PM#7
Originally posted by Moaky07
Originally posted by Gabby-air

NP, that is a case of gimme gimme gimme. MUA1 was freaking awesome, and I still bust it out occasionally till this very day. Mindless mayhem sure, but not something I am above enjoying.

Not counting Batman Arkham Asylum and City, which are on a whole nother superhero game lvl, MUA1 has been my favorite hero game ever. Unlike MUA 2, MUA 1 allows you to keep playing thru to max out char stats/powers. For a completionist, you are talking mega play thrus.

I spent months playing thru the game repeatedly, and I am no where close to maxing all chars out. Maxing out to me is 150 in all 3 stats, all powers maxed, and a +14 Def/+3 to any power item. Thus far I believe only Wolverine has done it in my game, although Cap is pretty close. With the possibily of gaining +25 in all 3 stats, and 10 power upgrades per playthru(an extra 3, and 1 power up if ya do the simulator missions per char), we are talking a huge time commitment. As an example, I still have like 25 in each stat for Iron Man to max, and probably 30 ish power ups. Since I am getting his via missions each play thru, we are talking at least 25 more play thrus.

The characters without personal missions have to be done entirely thru game play.  Like I said, incentive to play thru mega times for a completionist.

So hopefully the MMO play gives the addiction that the first MUA gave to me.

yeah .. same thoughts here.

MUA is one of my fav games too .. and a free online version is just too good to be true.

And i think this go in the right direction. When i am in the Marvel Universe, i want to play Iron Man, and not Iron Dude 213 who just happens to have similar powers to Iron man.

DCUO is a good action MMORPG .. but my only complaints is that i cannot make a known super hero. Marvel Heroes fix that.