Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Cabal 2 | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,963,865 Users Online:0
Games:808  Posts:6,407,979
Runewaker Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dragon's Prophet Forum » General Discussion » So I played this game two days.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
41 posts found
  ChocoKnight

Advanced Member

4/29/14 4:28:05 PM#41

After being pretty excited for this game, all I can say is I found it disappointing.

The graphics themselves are passable, but the animation is comically bad. I mean seriously, what is with the animation?? I honestly can't remember seeing another game with such awful animation. It completely ruins the immersion of the game. I assume it's a concession by the developers so the game runs smoother, but other action-combat MMO's manage to run just fine without slideshow animation, so no excuses.

I know everything is subjective to some extent, and people are entitled to their own opinions, but anyone who can look at that game, with that animation (which is part of the visual experience), and say that looks better than Neverwinter (the OP ~ and kind of funny he says it looks better than NW, and then later in the same post says the graphics "kind of suck"), really needs glasses.

That aside, the combat could have redeemed it, but it too is not good. You just mash your mouse button and deliver an endless high-speed flurry of attacks and combos. There's no sense of timing or weight behind anything you do. It is not nearly as nuanced, fun, or rewarding as NW or Tera's combat, or even the combat of other lesser action-combat MMO's like Raiderz or C9.

It's sad, because the other elements of the game seem solid, which wouldn't surprise me considering the developers, but that spastic combat and animation made the game unplayable for me.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search