Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,185 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,292,873
Runewaker Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dragon's Prophet Forum » General Discussion » Mass Exodus From SOE u.s.servers to EU servers

9 posts found
  Hariken

Hard Core Member

OP  10/06/13 9:56:09 AM#1
I gotta say this really is something. The game's been out for a few weeks and SOE u.s. has already blown it. What do you expect  from them anyway's. The EU company running the game is treating their player base like gold. And SOE is dong nothing but collecting money from the cash shop. The approach from both companies is so extremely different that half the u.s. player base has dumped their high lvl characters and started new ones over on the EU side. So far no reply from SOE about any of this. Way to go SOE.
  User Deleted
10/06/13 10:26:48 AM#2
50% of the us players are leaving soe and rerolling European? Methinks the op may be exaggerating a tad.
  JasonJ

Apprentice Member

10/06/13 10:29:24 AM#3
I NEVER play a F2P game on US servers if its also available in another country. We are so over charged in the cash shops its sickening, especially when you compare the prices in the EU to Asia...we are sometimes being charged 10x the amount being charged in Korea and South Korea is NOT a 3rd world country. Besides, the communities are better as well.
  jesteralways

Elite Member

10/06/13 10:42:21 AM#4
OP give eu dragon's prophet a few month and they will also try to bleed you dry with cash shop. how do i know that? the publisher of EU : Infernum;  are now being handled by former employees of fagster who lost their job after gayforge bought them off. fagster had a very nasty rep of turning any game into huge pay2win piece of crap after 6-8 month of game release. not only the management but also the support/forum mod/gm; most of them  are former employees of fagster. give it a few months and they will show you their true color.

i want an open world, no phasing, no instancing.i want meaningful owpvp.i want player driven economy.i want meaningful crafting.i want awesome exploration, a sense of thrill.i want ow housing with a meaningful effect on my entire gameplay experience, not just some instanced crap.i want all of these free of cost, i don't wanna pay you a cent, game devs can eat grass and continue developing game for me.
Seems like that is the current consensus of western mmo players.

jesteralways

Elite Member

10/06/13 10:49:08 AM#5
Originally posted by JasonJ
I NEVER play a F2P game on US servers if its also available in another country. We are so over charged in the cash shops its sickening, especially when you compare the prices in the EU to Asia...we are sometimes being charged 10x the amount being charged in Korea and South Korea is NOT a 3rd world country. Besides, the communities are better as well.

That is the reason why korea is more into f2p. they keep prices in cash shop so low that people think : "ohh that freaking mount cost me less than half of my lunch cost, i am definitely buying it". the prices are so deceivingly low that after a month it appears that the person spent over 100$ buying cash shop stuff and more than 30% of player population spend around 10$ a week in korean f2p games, publishers literally roll on cash. but when it comes to western market  the cash shop is always outright overpriced and keeps away most of the players from spending, only those who are rolling on cash buys stuff from cash shop which is only about 5% of the entire player base. not very good environment. 

i want an open world, no phasing, no instancing.i want meaningful owpvp.i want player driven economy.i want meaningful crafting.i want awesome exploration, a sense of thrill.i want ow housing with a meaningful effect on my entire gameplay experience, not just some instanced crap.i want all of these free of cost, i don't wanna pay you a cent, game devs can eat grass and continue developing game for me.
Seems like that is the current consensus of western mmo players.

Hariken

Hard Core Member

OP  10/06/13 11:39:35 AM#6
Originally posted by jesteralways
OP give eu dragon's prophet a few month and they will also try to bleed you dry with cash shop. how do i know that? the publisher of EU : Infernum;  are now being handled by former employees of fagster who lost their job after gayforge bought them off. fagster had a very nasty rep of turning any game into huge pay2win piece of crap after 6-8 month of game release. not only the management but also the support/forum mod/gm; most of them  are former employees of fagster. give it a few months and they will show you their true color.

You may be right but, they are giving players stuff just for logging in to the game. Someone said in 5 days one bag in his inventory was filled with great stuff. I haven't made the switch yet only because a lot of us are waiting to see what SOE does on Monday. I don't think they will do or say anything myself. I just can't imagine leaving a max lvl character to make a switch like that. Its all players are talking about in game and out. Whole guilds breaking up. In game chat filled with guild invites and finding no takers.

Panther2103

Hard Core Member

10/06/13 12:03:32 PM#7
I think that if the servers population is a bit better I may go try the EU servers, is there any form of region lock?
  JasonJ

Apprentice Member

10/06/13 12:39:35 PM#8
Originally posted by jesteralways
Originally posted by JasonJ

That is the reason why korea is more into f2p. they keep prices in cash shop so low that people think : "ohh that freaking mount cost me less than half of my lunch cost, i am definitely buying it". the prices are so deceivingly low that after a month it appears that the person spent over 100$ buying cash shop stuff and more than 30% of player population spend around 10$ a week in korean f2p games, publishers literally roll on cash. but when it comes to western market  the cash shop is always outright overpriced and keeps away most of the players from spending, only those who are rolling on cash buys stuff from cash shop which is only about 5% of the entire player base. not very good environment. 

I know this, hell, companies KNOW THIS...yet for some stupid reason they still charge far more in the EU and US and make far LESS MONEY in the end, yet still continue to do it. Also, I have the money, still wont spend it on overpriced items.

Hariken

Hard Core Member

OP  10/06/13 3:03:10 PM#9
Originally posted by Panther2103
I think that if the servers population is a bit better I may go try the EU servers, is there any form of region lock?

No i hear you have to reinstall the EU game but you need to make a new account. Its easier if you uninstall the u.s. version. You can't save both games in the same folder.