Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,373 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,096
Runewaker Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dragon's Prophet Forum » General Discussion » If they really make this possible, I'll come back! See release features.

7 posts found
  Abrraham

Novice Member

OP  8/02/13 9:34:35 AM#1

This is the road plan until its official release, launching September 18th.

In our endeavor to bring you the best gaming experience possible we will release a patch not only bringing you tons of new and exciting content but also greatly improving what exists.  You can be looking forward to an overhaul of our attribute system, large scale PvP sieges in the citadel system and mounted combat. See below for the complete list.

Changes during the Open Beta:

• Skill balancing and revision of the attributes of all classes
  • Redesign and extension of the interface for improved handling and overview
  • New items and revised loot, stats and attribute systems
  • New Dragon Chamber that offers space for up to 96 additional dragons
  • Complex and motivating achievement and title systems with character bonuses
  • Sandbox-based housing in the frontier as well as the introduction of citadels, keeps, outposts and crystal towers in the PvP Citadel system that allows for massive, cross-server siege battles between alliances or guilds
  • High Lord system that lets you control whole territories
  • Mounted Combat – Fight from the back of your dragon and support other players on the ground, in the water and way up in the sky
  • Revised survival difficulty mode for the dungeons
  • Complete revision of all zones and dungeons
  • New Dragon Sanctuary including an altar of sacrifice allowing guilds to summon particularly rewarding enemies
  • Introduction of world bosses
  • Revised dragon companion AI
  • New pets that can collect loot
  • Performance improvements through detection algorithms and engine improvements
  • Cross-server account features
  • Introduction of an in-game browser
  • New styling interface
  • Improved main storyline
  • Introduction of dungeon events
  • Restructuring and implementation of bosses as well as the general monster AI

But the work on Dragon’s Prophet never stops and there are so many features to look forward to after release. Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect to see in the near future.

What’s planned after the release?

• Additional dragon commands for improved coordination during combat
  • Huge and challenging, open & dungeon-based raids for up to 30 players
  • 10 new regions and about 30 dungeons and instances per year for regular content updates
  • Continuation of the epic story surrounding the dark Dragon Kronos
  • Mini games
  • Dragon Encyclopedia delivers detailed information and honors the true dragon master
  • VIP system with daily login rewards
  • Dynamic events
  • Dragon vs. Dragon arena
  • Dragon breeding
  • PvP arenas and battlefields
  SirBalin

Warmonger

8/02/13 9:42:33 AM#2
Originally posted by Abrraham

This is the road plan until its official release, launching September 18th.

In our endeavor to bring you the best gaming experience possible we will release a patch not only bringing you tons of new and exciting content but also greatly improving what exists.  You can be looking forward to an overhaul of our attribute system, large scale PvP sieges in the citadel system and mounted combat. See below for the complete list.

Changes during the Open Beta:

• Skill balancing and revision of the attributes of all classes
  • Redesign and extension of the interface for improved handling and overview
  • New items and revised loot, stats and attribute systems
  • New Dragon Chamber that offers space for up to 96 additional dragons
  • Complex and motivating achievement and title systems with character bonuses
  • Sandbox-based housing in the frontier as well as the introduction of citadels, keeps, outposts and crystal towers in the PvP Citadel system that allows for massive, cross-server siege battles between alliances or guilds
  • High Lord system that lets you control whole territories
  • Mounted Combat – Fight from the back of your dragon and support other players on the ground, in the water and way up in the sky
  • Revised survival difficulty mode for the dungeons
  • Complete revision of all zones and dungeons
  • New Dragon Sanctuary including an altar of sacrifice allowing guilds to summon particularly rewarding enemies
  • Introduction of world bosses
  • Revised dragon companion AI
  • New pets that can collect loot
  • Performance improvements through detection algorithms and engine improvements
  • Cross-server account features
  • Introduction of an in-game browser
  • New styling interface
  • Improved main storyline
  • Introduction of dungeon events
  • Restructuring and implementation of bosses as well as the general monster AI

But the work on Dragon’s Prophet never stops and there are so many features to look forward to after release. Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect to see in the near future.

What’s planned after the release?

• Additional dragon commands for improved coordination during combat
  • Huge and challenging, open & dungeon-based raids for up to 30 players
  • 10 new regions and about 30 dungeons and instances per year for regular content updates
  • Continuation of the epic story surrounding the dark Dragon Kronos
  • Mini games
  • Dragon Encyclopedia delivers detailed information and honors the true dragon master
  • VIP system with daily login rewards
  • Dynamic events
  • Dragon vs. Dragon arena
  • Dragon breeding
  • PvP arenas and battlefields

Hadn't looked at this as it seems very catored to the pver...I call BG's and Arenas for the pver...sorry, just true as it's not forced pvp, however, I respect any game that identifies problems and addresses them.  Sadly many developers don't, so here's my questions:

1.  Aim to shoot or tab target

2.  Open world pvp other than the siege area, or are there pvp servers

If it's aim to shoot, and theres owpvp and not just pvp zones and siege zones...i'd bring my guild over to try it out.  If not, I'm making 266 care bear posts.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

User Deleted
8/02/13 9:59:19 AM#3
Originally posted by SirBalin

Hadn't looked at this as it seems very catored to the pver...I call BG's and Arenas for the pver...sorry, just true as it's not forced pvp, however, I respect any game that identifies problems and addresses them.  Sadly many developers don't, so here's my questions:

If it's aim to shoot, and theres owpvp and not just pvp zones and siege zones...i'd bring my guild over to try it out.  If not, I'm making 266 care bear posts.

1) Yes.

2) Its open world PvP. PvP is only in the floating island area / housing area though. Not sure where you got arena from? Its going to be territory control in a specific PvP area, but its a persistent zone, not a battleground / arena.

OP - sounds good, but will play it by ear. The concept of the game is sound, but it really does need a lot of work.

Abrraham

Novice Member

OP  8/02/13 11:28:26 AM#4

Yes, it just wasn't polished enough and to be honest, the open beta was set too early. Well, perhaps they will be able to recover but this decision to let theoretically all people play wasn't a good one.

I'm still interested in the game, it sure has potential if they keep on working hard. Those notes sound quite promising.

SirBalin

Warmonger

8/02/13 1:42:12 PM#5
Originally posted by Abrraham

Yes, it just wasn't polished enough and to be honest, the open beta was set too early. Well, perhaps they will be able to recover but this decision to let theoretically all people play wasn't a good one.

I'm still interested in the game, it sure has potential if they keep on working hard. Those notes sound quite promising.

Lot of games are making that mistake now days.  Companies want to appease the masses, but they show people something that is just bad.  Origins of Malu was the perfect example...was stoked for that, but after they did the open beta test, i'm pretty sure that it will never launch.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us

Laughing-man

Advanced Member

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

8/02/13 1:45:12 PM#6

PVP is PVP.

Open world PVP is griefing.

Balanced standardized PVP is not.

I've never played an open world PVP game that wasn't griefing, and if you claim that it isn't, I'm sorry but you have probably been the one doing the griefing in that game then.

SirBalin

Warmonger

8/02/13 1:48:18 PM#7
Originally posted by Laughing-man

PVP is PVP.

Open world PVP is griefing.

Balanced standardized PVP is not.

I've never played an open world PVP game that wasn't griefing, and if you claim that it isn't, I'm sorry but you have probably been the one doing the griefing in that game then.

LMFAO, spoken like a TRUE CAREBEAR.  You are just the person that always gets killed as you are bad...i'm pretty sure of it.  To just make a general comment like that because it's your opinion shows that you are nothing short of opinionated.  Maybe you dont' like owpvp games, however many others do.  Bottom line is, you are that baddy that constantly gets killed.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us