Trending Games | ArcheAge | Firefall | WildStar | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,926 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,257
Runewaker Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dragon's Prophet Forum » General Discussion » Dragon's Prophet Peeves

1 posts found
  Morgantheron

Apprentice Member

OP  6/29/13 2:47:13 PM#1

First let me say I like the game, love the combat and you get to tame dragons.

Now for the problems, People in this game and on the forums are gamer snobs, if there is something wrong with the game it is Always your PC at fault. Now I will admit my Comp is a bit dated 

AMD Athalon x2 is my CPU

4 Gigs of Memory

GeForce 9500 GT

So obviously a person looking at my posts will go Ah Ha its all your fault,your computer is behind the curve....

Excuse me? I play Guildwars 2, Age of Conan, Aion, and quite a few more pretty graphically intense games that have a heck of a lot more texture and visual effects then this game, but that gets ignored because the specs for my Computer are the catspaw.

It's not, the problem is that this game before SOE snatched it up was not designed for F2P and it has the subscription code still inside it. How do you find this out? Go to World Channel 6 and talk to the Airship NPCs, they will tell you Airship travel is not available on this world and you should consider upgrading your account so you can get to the worlds that do have this type of travel......but hey its my computer's fault.

Now add in all the Item Mall crud, this game has the original Item Mall and now its patched into SOE's and there is a store option for almost everything run into in this game "Dragon Flutes", "Enhancement Item X which increases your upgrading by x%", "Crafting Item X which raises you chances of getting a critical bulk amount of item you are crafting by 33%", "You have died you can revive 3 miles away or pay X amount of Station Coin resurrect instantly here" 

It's this data hammer that is causing most of the problems, if you look at the Dragon's Prophet Forums everyone is complaining about lag and low FPS. So as much as I like this game (My Oracle is lvl 28) it came out of closed beta far far too early, the interaction between the game server and in game Item Shop (which doesnt really give anyone an uber advantage), SOE's Account Server and the game environment.......well this really needs to be ironed out better to make it a truly enjoyable game.