Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,031 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,322
Runewaker Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dragon's Prophet Forum » General Discussion » When will open beta start?

10 posts found
  Hamger8

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/07/10
Posts: 81

 
OP  4/19/13 11:15:49 PM#1

Just curious how close is it? Also about the VIP if you buy the $40 one or the $90 one they give you a free house and  what can you do in the housing? They need to give out more information about housing :(

  Tsuru

Novice Member

Joined: 4/09/08
Posts: 253

4/19/13 11:23:41 PM#2
Frontier living

Housing aficionados will be overjoyed to hear that there is a return to a housing system that is reminiscent of Star Wars Galaxies. For one, unlike so many games that offer housing, Dragon's Prophet will not have instanced abodes. Players will be able to stake claims on plots of land out in the world and build their homes there. The lots come in various sizes, with larger ones understandably costing more and taking more maintenance.

Decorating will also be free-form. Players will be able to re-size, rotate, and flip items to place them however they want. To illustrate this, John Tang described one player's house in Runes of Magic (which uses the same basic system) that impressed him: The player literally had every item floating off the ground a bit to give the home a haunted, magical feel.

Housing decorations themselves will come from different sources. Furniture can be bought from vendors, drop from mobs (like a trophy head from bosses), and crafted by players. There will be boxes for storage and mannequins to display armor.

But frontier living isn't just about having a house to call home; ambitious guilds can form alliances and try to take over the frontier and become lords of specific areas of land. These conquerable areas are floating islands around the world. There are a fixed set of rules for conquest. John Tang explained, "The way you do that is basically you have to attack a fortress to take over the island. Once you have ownership of the island, you can do construction on it."

Players should note that these conquerable islands are PvP-enabled, although personal houses cannot be destroyed. However, lords of the land can exact taxes and build guard patrol stations to help improve safety in the area. Players are also safe inside their personal housing lots. For those who do not want as much PvP with their housing, there will be isles that are safer to build homes upon.
  McPickle

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/13
Posts: 39

4/19/13 11:34:24 PM#3
Originally posted by Hamger8

Just curious how close is it? Also about the VIP if you buy the $40 one or the $90 one they give you a free house and  what can you do in the housing? They need to give out more information about housing :(

I'd like to know as well but I'm gonna guess the answer is: Who knows? I've been keeping an eye on this game,  I'm one of those people who likes to start a new mmo when it's realeased and be a wanna be pioneer. I've gotten close twice to just buying into the beta but a coulpe things have held me back.  One is Neverwinter and how crappy that beta was to me, and I don't want to pay for the game and it be of that quality.

There seems to be features of this game that many people on this site ask for such as non-instanced housing that is also an open PVP zone. That souds alone pretty freakin cool. Also, the combat seemed pretty fluid from the limited video I've seen. But I wonder 1st of all how much content they can get out of dragons alone, considering that I'm already seeing a grey area of what is being considered a "dragon" in the first place. I'd hate to see a Turtle with wings.... dragon.

The other thing that is holding me back is that even with a NDA I feel like I know way more about games that will be release later on, such as Wildstar and TESO. That worries the crap out of me. I know that on this site if you read between the trolls there are some quality posters here that know their shizz and there's GOT to be a reason they aren't talking about this title. 

I'm on the fence, with that feeling that i am going to say I shoulda known so, but I'd really like to know more about this game. 

  Hamger8

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/07/10
Posts: 81

 
OP  4/20/13 12:32:36 AM#4
Originally posted by Tsuru
Frontier living

Housing aficionados will be overjoyed to hear that there is a return to a housing system that is reminiscent of Star Wars Galaxies. For one, unlike so many games that offer housing, Dragon's Prophet will not have instanced abodes. Players will be able to stake claims on plots of land out in the world and build their homes there. The lots come in various sizes, with larger ones understandably costing more and taking more maintenance.

Decorating will also be free-form. Players will be able to re-size, rotate, and flip items to place them however they want. To illustrate this, John Tang described one player's house in Runes of Magic (which uses the same basic system) that impressed him: The player literally had every item floating off the ground a bit to give the home a haunted, magical feel.

Housing decorations themselves will come from different sources. Furniture can be bought from vendors, drop from mobs (like a trophy head from bosses), and crafted by players. There will be boxes for storage and mannequins to display armor.

But frontier living isn't just about having a house to call home; ambitious guilds can form alliances and try to take over the frontier and become lords of specific areas of land. These conquerable areas are floating islands around the world. There are a fixed set of rules for conquest. John Tang explained, "The way you do that is basically you have to attack a fortress to take over the island. Once you have ownership of the island, you can do construction on it."

Players should note that these conquerable islands are PvP-enabled, although personal houses cannot be destroyed. However, lords of the land can exact taxes and build guard patrol stations to help improve safety in the area. Players are also safe inside their personal housing lots. For those who do not want as much PvP with their housing, there will be isles that are safer to build homes upon.

Thanks on the house info but how close is open beta ? I will buy VIP if it really close I hope it not "Months" away that will be a big let down.

  Xenrae

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/02/12
Posts: 3

4/21/13 11:16:55 AM#5

Open beta is scheduled for December.  VIP purchase gaurantees closed beta access, and one advanced day of open beta access.  The items you get from your VIP purchase will not be available until OPEN BETA.  So, for your investment now, you get to see the game.

I'm playing.  It's good fun.  Combat is challenging and fun.  Scenary is very nice, monsters and NPCs are well thought out and modeled.  The graphics look a little old school to me, like say, Titan Quest or Vindictus, but nothing bad.

So, bottom line, you get the same thing for 20 as you do for 90 - until December.  And my beta access was nearly instant.  I did not get a key, but just downloaded and logged.

It's beta, so it's not perfect, but it's fun.   Enjoy!

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

4/21/13 11:17:44 AM#6
my estimate is fall at the earliest

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  crimsonmid1

Apprentice Member

Joined: 12/11/10
Posts: 24

4/21/13 11:19:19 AM#7
Originally posted by Aerowyn
my estimate is fall at the earliest

I second that. The game is FAR from ready atm.

  Hamger8

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/07/10
Posts: 81

 
OP  4/21/13 1:35:23 PM#8
Why they say early spring and they are in phase 2 but oh well guess it takes longer for some games.
  Kurush

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/17/04
Posts: 1307

Bob the Cat says,
"Keep your password secret, you filthy communist."

4/21/13 5:13:49 PM#9
A ton of the game still has placeholder text.
  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

4/21/13 5:19:42 PM#10
Originally posted by Hamger8
Why they say early spring and they are in phase 2 but oh well guess it takes longer for some games.

it's not even open beta in its origin country so i wouldn't expect it open beta anywhere else for a little bit...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg