Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,781 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,520
Runewaker Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dragon's Prophet Forum » General Discussion » Is there open pvp? pk :D?

11 posts found
  Hamger8

Advanced Member

OP  4/10/13 12:49:06 AM#1
Just wondering if it PVE or a pvp server :) I want to pk people and make people fear me will it be open pvp :D?
  Reizla

Elite Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

4/10/13 12:53:48 AM#2
Originally posted by Hamger8
Just wondering if it PVE or a pvp server :) I want to pk people and make people fear me will it be open pvp :D?

NDA NDA NDA NDA

According to the info on the Runewalker site there is PvP in the game. All there is to be said...

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX660 (ASUS/EVGA) 3x HD monitor spanned 5760x1080
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

Hamger8

Advanced Member

OP  4/10/13 1:05:10 AM#3
Originally posted by Reizla

NDA NDA NDA NDA

According to the info on the Runewalker site there is PvP in the game. All there is to be said...

So i can pk people out of the blue :D?

Reizla

Elite Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

4/10/13 1:07:49 AM#4
Originally posted by Reizla

NDA NDA NDA NDA

So i can pk people out of the blue :D?

NDA NDA NDA NDA

All info given (on PvP/PK) by Runewalker/SOE/Inferium is on their website. Beta-testers CAN NOT give information about it...

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX660 (ASUS/EVGA) 3x HD monitor spanned 5760x1080
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

SirBalin

Warmonger

4/10/13 7:36:49 AM#5
Sadly this means no...when a game doesn't specifically talk about the pvp, means its limited.  More than likely they are going to put a post up at some point saying they are revolutionizing the pvp industry with their zoned pvp and bg's...

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Gormok

Apprentice Member

4/10/13 9:05:07 AM#6

This should give you a bit info on the pvp, they start talking about it at around the 8:02 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=smeRncBm_Tc

There have also been multiple sites to do interviews where the pvp questions where answered, massively would be one such site. So there is info out there on the pvp aspect of the game if one took the time to look for it.

Hamger8

Advanced Member

OP  4/10/13 5:30:21 PM#7
Bah that not fun at all guess I wont buy the VIP pack :(
  User Deleted
4/11/13 10:19:00 PM#8
Originally posted by Gormok

This should give you a bit info on the pvp, they start talking about it at around the 8:02 mark.

There have also been multiple sites to do interviews where the pvp questions where answered, massively would be one such site. So there is info out there on the pvp aspect of the game if one took the time to look for it.

Hey since you seem to be in the know, why not save the forum goers on this site the effort of trudging through google and just say what the pvp is, summarize or whatever. I think thats the point of this forum not to send people off to google to get their info on games.

I mean you took the time to make that post, why not just say what the pvp is?  Will help people like me whos just mildly curious and doesnt feel like watching a youtube video or hunting for info..

thubub

Novice Member

4/12/13 12:58:01 AM#9
Originally posted by BrownAle
Originally posted by Gormok

Hey since you seem to be in the know, why not save the forum goers on this site the effort of trudging through google and just say what the pvp is, summarize or whatever. I think thats the point of this forum not to send people off to google to get their info on games.

I mean you took the time to make that post, why not just say what the pvp is?  Will help people like me whos just mildly curious and doesnt feel like watching a youtube video or hunting for info..

From everything that has been said in interviews, the pvp will happen in a seperate frontier zone.  So no, there won't be player ganking  as they progress.  So far there isn't a lot of information on the pvp area.  They have also said in one if the interviews that it might not make it on release, but released a couple months after launch.  PvP seems to be more added on than a feature function of the game.

Draven

Novice Member

4/14/13 9:34:20 AM#10

There is no pvp in the game yet, just duels. An NDA is a joke when Sony starts charging people to be in the beta.

TheJoda

Novice Member

"Yes...... that's a Duck Staff of D00M!!!"

4/14/13 9:35:36 AM#11
Originally posted by SirBalin
Sadly this means no...when a game doesn't specifically talk about the pvp, means its limited.  More than likely they are going to put a post up at some point saying they are revolutionizing the pvp industry with their zoned pvp and bg's...

^ yep, I agree with you!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!