Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,233 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,163
Perfect World Shanghai | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/15/11)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

War of the Immortals Forum » General Discussion » What's the difference?

5 posts found
  BethelsBoy

Apprentice Member

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

OP  1/20/12 1:25:41 AM#1

Just wondering what Perfect World was trying to do when they created WoI and BoI

WoI has a few more classes than BoI but they are pretty much exactly the same

Do they have different stories?

I haven't gotten into WoI enough to get into the storyline

Weretigar

Novice Member

If you watch a game, it’s fun. If you play it, it’s recreation. If you work at it, it’s FF-XIV.

1/20/12 1:30:34 AM#2

battle of the immortals takes place 300 years after WOI thats pretty much it,, so BOI=WOI 2

Miotic

Novice Member

1/23/12 2:18:56 PM#3

They were originally going to release WOI as an expansion for BOI but it ended up being so big that they turned it into its own game. So yeah, it is basically an expansion of BOI.  WOI has more content and players, I would pick it if trying to decide. 

MrTuggles

Novice Member

1/24/12 3:55:42 PM#4
Originally posted by BethelsBoy

Just wondering what Perfect World was trying to do when they created WoI and BoI

WoI has a few more classes than BoI but they are pretty much exactly the same

Do they have different stories?

I haven't gotten into WoI enough to get into the storyline

WOI was made to be an expansion to BOI, but it was later turned into a stand alone "sequel" once they realized they would be able to make a lot of money off it.

WOI is BOI 2.0. There are the same graphics, the same maps, character models, monster models, mosters, fashion items in the cash shop, etc. The only difference is there is a "new" pet system which incorporates a new way to get you to use the cash shop (a soul system where you meld them and make them better), and the prices in WOI are 2-3x higher than what is in BOI for the exact same item (fashions included).

It is based off the "Ragnarok" as well. So yeah, it is 99.9% the same game.

seoslayer

Novice Member

10/04/12 5:47:35 AM#5

WOI should have been a sequel for BOI. 

WOI's storyy begins with ragnarok and i think BOI's story should end with Ragnarok...