Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,445 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,206
Gamepot, Inc. | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Wizardry Online Forum » General Discussion » Concerns about forced PK - Griefers heaven

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
66 posts found
  Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 9:04:35 AM#21
Originally posted by bunnyhopper
There may be some issues with the system, but if some people are going to "give up" the first time they get PK'd then you have to question quite why those people have picked out the game in the first place.

There are definately issues with the system, major ones, and it's not a matter of getting PKed the first time, it's a matter of getting griefed, big difference here, people will try it for it's perma death setting and it's gameplay, and will be curious about the PK, and will decide if it's worth the troubles those griefers are causing them.

olalonde

Novice Member

11/27/12 6:21:21 PM#22

Honestly i'v been playing to soul rank 3 and character lvl 11,( takes a long time the first time )

And i got pked, by some people and they waited for me at the spawn to kill me again. I escaped...if you can't escape theres always a way to escape, theres an instant teleport to town button usable every 12 hours.Right now pks just ruin their characters to get some kills, and loot that isnt worth killin for. I just place bounty on them, and spam in town that someones camping the entrance of X dungeon. Some high levels passing by will glady go in and destroy those pks that stopped progressing for the sake of griefing, and they will collect the 30 k bounty on them, as well as loot them pks.

pks getting looted means its over for them unless they use different souls to xfer items on them etc. But it's all not worth it unless your killing wealthy people and looting the right stuff.

This game is mad fun, and what makes people quit isn't the pks, it's the dungeons.

When you reach the golden dragon dungeon (lvl 8) thats when you start crying, and if you think getting griefed is bad, you'v seen nothing. I strongly suggest this game to anyone out there who likes dungeon crawling, puzzle solving, hell you'll need to write down information on paper to advance in the game, unless you want to use a japanese wiki translated into english, even that didn,t help me for the golden dragon dungeon. I was tank, probably the highest survivability while playing solo, more than monk at least ( my friend is monk ) and some mobs are just unkillable because you need a team to beat them. If you don't have a team, you can find ways to get past them, or you can lure them into dungeon traps etc.

Don't let pking stop you from playing this great game, the more time passes, the more diplomatie will hold the griefers back. You might get pked but it won't last.

Theres a board that shows the bounty on pkers and the amount of people who permanently died, you'll find it's a very short list. ^^

cya in game!

Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 8:22:48 PM#23
Originally posted by olalonde

This game is mad fun, and what makes people quit isn't the pks, it's the dungeons.

Don't let pking stop you from playing this great game, the more time passes, the more diplomatie will hold the griefers back. You might get pked but it won't last.

Theres a board that shows the bounty on pkers and the amount of people who permanently died, you'll find it's a very short list. ^^

The PKs will make people quit lol, that's deniance right there, proofs of what they can do and will do are in your face, yet you still say the contrary? That's misplaced judgment. Sure people will also quit for the dungeons difficulties eventually, when they can no longer find people to play with.

PKing will last, forever, the wheel won't stop just because of misplaced optimist comments.

Of course it's short, it's closed beta, what do you expect? A population as big as open beta or release?

You're not credible man.

olalonde

Novice Member

11/27/12 8:38:03 PM#24

I don't see whats the point of being so angry about what I said and attacking me and shit.

Just don't play the game if you think that you will quit because of pkers.

Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 8:40:54 PM#25

I don't see whats the point of being so angry about what I said and attacking me and shit.

I am not angry nor attacking you, i am saying that your statements lacks credibility, there's videos justifying what will happen, and the game is here to experience it if a player still needs convincing after what has been posted here, just try to give some muscle behind your statements, that's all.

LadyEuphei

Novice Member

11/27/12 8:45:48 PM#26
There is a system in order to prevent griefing. If you are 5 levels apart you can not attack eachother. It is possible for a level 5 to camp the first dungeon but you cant be attacked until your Soul level 2, if you dont want to be able to be attacked you dont have to raise your soul level but you can only get to character level 7. Please play the game and read the forums, there is alot of interesting and helpful tidbits in there.

Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 8:49:24 PM#27
Originally posted by LadyEuphei
There is a system in order to prevent griefing. If you are 5 levels apart you can not attack eachother. It is possible for a level 5 to camp the first dungeon but you cant be attacked until your Soul level 2, if you dont want to be able to be attacked you dont have to raise your soul level but you can only get to character level 7. Please play the game and read the forums, there is alot of interesting and helpful tidbits in there.

Since the game was on NDA i wasn't sure if this could be added, thought here is one thing, i never, ever found their forums, it's hidden, very, very hidden.

But yes there is a newbie protection up to level 7 unless youve already ranked to soul 2, since it affect all your characters, that means if you are soul rank 2 and you make a level 1 character, this level 1 character isn't protected, afterward you cross your fingers.

olalonde

Novice Member

11/27/12 8:49:30 PM#28
Originally posted by Drakaden

I am not angry nor attacking you, i am saying that your statements lacks credibility, there's videos justifying what will happen, and the game is here to experience it if a player still needs convincing after what has been posted here, just try to give some muscle behind your statements, that's all.

Alright.

I saw those videos, and nothing stops you from calling your guild for help, or even calling anyone in town for help.

In the videos they show people getting killed just 2 steps from exiting the dungeon. They are also 2 steps from reinforcement.

This is how those games are played, in team. You need  a group to venture into hard dungeon because of both the players and the dungeon itself. It's not perfect but I personally think wizardry online is heading into a good direction.

those videos are just noobs pwning other noobs imo.

I'm not trying to proove you wrong, your right, people will quit over it if they dont have the necessary allies. They will also quit without the necessary allies to pve, both come together.

I want everyone reading this thread to know thats its not a 100% bad situation, even if theres no griefing at all on the american servers it may come someday but i still think the game has everything in place to counter those griefers. So I'm telling people to try it out instead of not playing because of others people opinion.

Iczer

Apprentice Member

I want a world in a sandbox ... not a theme park!

11/27/12 8:51:18 PM#29

Wizadry is all very reminicent of Ultima Online back in the day. Pk's were just another danger in the game that you had to deal with or avoid. I never met one I didnt hate but quit a game over it? No way.

-Iczer

Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 8:53:41 PM#30

I want everyone reading this thread to know thats its not a 100% bad situation, even if theres no griefing at all on the american servers it may come someday but i still think the game has everything in place to counter those griefers. So I'm telling people to try it out instead of not playing because of others people opinion.

This is true, i was reluctant, but i took the time to try it, and i don't see myself sticking to it, because the bad is overweighting the good in my personal experience.

Originally posted by Iczer

Wizadry is all very reminicent of Ultima Online back in the day. Pk's were just another danger in the game that you had to deal with or avoid. I never met one I didnt hate but quit a game over it? No way.

Some people will persist and stubborn over it, but that's not everyone, you aren't the center of the universe, you aren't the hive queen ordering it's bees, if you want to play through it, go ahead, but you can't just image everyone agreeing with what you think about it, just as some people don't agree with what i am saying.

Loktofeit

Hard Core Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ESO, and Combat Arms

11/27/12 9:03:37 PM#31

I'd present to you that the game has been live in Japan for about a year now and it's still going strong with a healthy playerbase and regular updates, but no amount of proofs are going to change your deniance of how things are actually happening in the game. Yes, someone made a video of PKing. Surprisingly, that happens in a PVP game now and then. However, don't let fact and history get in the way of assumption and panic. Keep fighting the good fight.

olalonde

Novice Member

11/27/12 9:06:32 PM#32

http://forums.station.sony.com/wo/index.php?threads/wizardry-onlines-criminal-justice-system-criminals-beware-feedback-appreciated.497/

Heres a link to the forums for those who couldn't find it ( honestly not so hidden if you have beta access )

This post is about grifeing and shit.

Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 9:08:27 PM#33
Originally posted by Loktofeit
I'd present to you that the game has been live in Japan for about a year now and it's still going strong with a healthy playerbase and regular updates, but no amount of proofs are going to change your deniance of how things are actually happening in the game. Yes, someone made a video of PKing. Surprisingly, that happens in a PVP game now and then. However, don't let fact and history get in the way of assumption and panic. Keep fighting the good fight.

Can we agree with a few points there? Japan has a -lot- of people, and can we agree that most games comes from Asia? Can we also agree that Asia mentality is very different than ours?

Now putting those things together, can we agree that the results might not be the same in the other countries? My personal opinion of the game is that PK shouldn't be forced upon the game where perma death is looming, to give both choices, as posted in my first post, it doesn't have to be done, and maybe it won't be done, but i sure as hell would be happy to play it if PvP was out of my way in this game.

Iczer

Apprentice Member

I want a world in a sandbox ... not a theme park!

11/27/12 9:09:07 PM#34

Some people will persist and stubborn over it, but that's not everyone, you aren't the center of the universe, you aren't the hive queen ordering it's bees, if you want to play through it, go ahead, but you can't just image everyone agreeing with what you think about it, just as some people don't agree with what i am saying.

i need nor expect anyone to agree with me, i was meerly commenting on its similarity to UO and stating my personal preference to sticking it out when faced with PK's.

Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 9:16:54 PM#35

http://forums.station.sony.com/wo/index.php?threads/wizardry-onlines-criminal-justice-system-criminals-beware-feedback-appreciated.497/

Heres a link to the forums for those who couldn't find it ( honestly not so hidden if you have beta access )

I'm not sure how you manually access the forum, i've searched on their web site, i just can't find it.

Loktofeit

Hard Core Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ESO, and Combat Arms

11/27/12 9:28:14 PM#36

I'm not sure how you manually access the forum, i've searched on their web site, i just can't find it.

Forum link should also be in the email you got from SOE. If not, just bookmark the above.

Olalonde, excellent thread to point him to.

Drakaden

Advanced Member

OP  11/27/12 9:32:32 PM#37
Forum link should also be in the email you got from SOE. If not, just bookmark the above.

Olalonde, excellent thread to point him to.

Yes, i agree, this is a very good thread, i've just finished reading it, and i sincerely hope things will work out past closed beta, right now, the griefers are out in force, most likely due to the fact that they know they will get wiped either ways.

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

11/27/12 9:54:26 PM#38
Originally posted by bunnyhopper
Originally posted by Rilman
That's not how it works in reality, there's souls that don't lose your skills, you lose a body and some gear but you can re-use the soul in another char so its not really true perma death.

That ain't gonna stop people from wanting to stop playing if they get griefed.

There may be some issues with the system, but if some people are going to "give up" the first time they get PK'd then you have to question quite why those people have picked out the game in the first place.

Good point. Best not to play such a game in the first place.  Perma death and open PvP have no appeal what so ever to me. 

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

11/27/12 10:03:27 PM#39

-Iczer

I actually played UO back in the day... There was a damn good reason that Trammel came about.  The ganking and griefing was totally out of control. People started leaving in droves.  Way too many people (including Dev's and publishers) keep forgetting the difference between the Western and Asian markets.  The modern western markets have MUCH less toleration for ganking and griefing.  Games that allow (much less encourage) ganking and griefing, seriously niche themselves. 

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

11/27/12 10:07:55 PM#40

Japan is not typical of the modern western market.  Neither are most other parts of Asia.  Look at the success of various games in the different markets, and look at the different demographics involved. 

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search