Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | WildStar | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,190 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,292,932
Gamepot, Inc. | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Wizardry Online Forum » General Discussion » Could have been awesome...instead highly dissapointing.

3 posts found
  UNH0LYEV1L

Apprentice Member

OP  1/13/13 2:02:40 PM#1

It has some good aspects.  The game is fairly difficult even at the lower stages but its mostly solo.  The combat however is extremely clunky and is really what adds to the challenge of the game.  Your not just fighting the monsters but also the highly unintuative camera angle lock and character movements.   No health regen and having to use resources was actually a nice touch...but the game then inserts randomness.  When you die you become a spirit and have to reach a resurection shrine while monsters called walkers chase you down (if they catch you its game over).  It makes the game actually kind of frantic in fun in a way but once you level your "soul" up (basicly your account level, which is different from character level) you can be PK'ed and you have a chance of dying when you resurect (oh how fun).  Same thing with the priest resurection....a chance you will actually kill the player if you try to rez someone...lol.

The worst aspect thoug is by far the dungeons.  They are seperated into essentially wings and each wing is guarded by a gargoyle statue.  Each statue requires some sort of puzzle to be solved to access the other wings, but the puzzle is extemely convoluted and often times makes no sense.  So you have to wade through the accessable parts of the dungeons killing hard monsters and avoiding traps (some of which can instantly kill you into spirit form) to collect pieces needed for the gargoyle to work.  Then the gargoyle statue will transport you to a mini boss room and if you clear it you can go enter the wing locked by that gargoyle.

Like I said extremely confusing and I have no idea why the fuck me and my friends HAD to do that but litterally every single dungeon is the same premise.  Figure out how to unlock wing of dungeon, clear it, unlock the others, turn in quests.

The graphics are also extremely stylized and the armor sets are absolutely the ugliest I have seen in any game.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift

Dreme

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 8:01:24 AM#2
Again someone who spent more time writing their reveiw than playing the game. If you get caught by a walker it isn't game over. It lowers your rez chance by 10%, so if you have 96% it become 86%, and each time you get caught it lowers it another 10%. If you get to the statue and your rez fails or a player fails to rez you, on the first attempt your body is turned to dust. In the cast that a walker caught you, the decreases you got for the first attempt are no longer applied to the second attempt and full rez chance is restored. Also their are items you can use to drop on the scales to further raise the chance of rezing. There is no prenelty for turning to dust. There is no reason you should ever have less than a 100% success rate on your second attempt until level 50+, unless you are just careless.
  Dreme

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 8:14:55 AM#3

It can be soloed if you are a fighter, priest or skilled theif up to level 10 or 11, after that having a party is ideal. Some people never solo.. smarter since at any moment (once soul rank 2) you can be slaughtered.. if nothing else maybe you can use your budy as a decoy while you run your arse off lol. From what I am reading you never made it past golden dragon ruins. O.o The guardian statues tell you to read the stone pillers, then it will ask you questions. The stone pillars tell you a magic brush was stuck in some lin lang's left hand, a mirror in her right foot, twin fish in her right hand.. then the statue ask you three quesions.. what was put in her right hand, what was put in her left hand, what was put in her right foot?.. that wasn't very hard for me.. O.o

And the only traps that can kill you in one hit are on random chest drops that have a chance of giving you very nice items...