Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,738,193 Users Online:0
Games:715  Posts:6,176,979
Gamepot, Inc. | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Wizardry Online Forum » General Discussion » Testing Wizardry Online

2 posts found
  Teikk

Apprentice Member

OP  12/16/12 7:59:40 PM#1

So for the past week or so i have been testing Wzardry Online....

Why is it that no game since the original EQ has gotten the zone thing correct... It seems that all games these days go with the instance approach which is kind of just annoying as .... well ...

Wizardry Online is no different it plays like a bad remake of DnD online with the combat being very low in the action or the strategy department. Its nothing like the old wizardy games at all. I do remember the old Wizardry as being a completely awsome trun based strategic combat gameplay game.... this is just hold mouse button till mob is dead ... o ya and spam 1 or 2 or 3 every couple of seconds to get a special....

The dungeon design is like a bad DnD online rip off .. there are traps and puzzles etc but they seem very simplistic without the need to have multiple party members to complete or help for that matter.. if you want to solo just about anything make a fighter with the self heal ability grab a few camps and have at what ever dungeon your after..

The class design is very basic also the mage is the obvious glass cannon .. the rogue is kind of like a glass cannon melee except ... he has to get hit once in a while which doesnt work out... the fighter is completely independant of any help at all he just kills everyhting and the priest kinda does the same except he does it very slowly.....

The game world i dont even want to try to explain but it seems that we have this idea that if it isnt in a fraking instance anymore than its not worth playing.... i mean back in 1999 when EQ launched with ZONES it felt more open that most modern wanabe MMOS with 50 times better tech behind them and the power to push huge open areas but yet they go with instances that are just small and boaring or lacking in depth what so ever.

Thats about all i can say about Wizardry its

Shallow , the combat is not strategic or challenging , and dont even get me started on the technical issues i have writen better code for a camera in a shitty android game... the world seems confined and shallow overall its not very much fun..

heres to hoping these developers wake up..

Theocritus

Hard Core Member

12/16/12 8:03:31 PM#2
     I was really disappointed in this also...Wiz 8 was such a fun game and this one is just garbage.....Like you said, Wizardry games were always known for good turn based combat, controlling multiple characters and this game was just blah.....