Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,800 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,886
Gamepot, Inc. | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Wizardry Online Forum » General Discussion » Beta NDA is now lifted

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  Dibdabs

Hard Core Member

12/01/12 1:54:29 PM#21
Originally posted by bloodaxes
Don't mind the graphic whores for them graphics mean everything that's why modern games keep on getting shorter to satisfy these people's needs..

The graphics are the least of this game's troubles.

Dibdabs

Hard Core Member

12/01/12 2:20:57 PM#22

I actually LIKE old-school games (I still play EQ1 now and again) so gameplay means more to me than graphics.  That said, the gameplay in Wizardry Online is just... bad.  For a game only released last year in Japan I can't believe how little they have made of this game.  It has below-par (not "old school") graphics, a frankly primitive combat system, uninspired and overly-verbose NPC dialogue, lacklustre sound effects and the overall pace of the game itself is so plodding!  The simplest of conversations with an NPC takes an AGE the way the text sloooowly appears in the window and the there are too many pointless cutscenes.

I really like the idea of the Karma system when you die and the PvP/Criminal system is also good (something I've been waiting a long time for in a fantasy MMO) - it's just a shame they are both featured in such a poorly-implemented game. Honestly, with dual- and quad-core systems using dual SLI graphics cards being so common these days they should really have made something new and fresh for this game.  Instead of producing a game for the 21st Century they under-achieved so badly the game looks - and plays - like it was designed back in the 90's... and not in a good way.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search