Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,642,562 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,467
Gamepot, Inc. | Official Site
Action MMO | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 01/30/13)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  rungard

Novice Member

The Sandbox Foundation does not exist!

11/03/12 12:20:15 PM#21

alot of the SOE p2w mechanics only work when your not subscribed.

chances are if you have the subscription pass for all their games you will have that by default, or will have enough station cash to put toward it without any additional charges.

Free to play has strings

silver membership has less strings

gold membership (sub) has few if any strings attached.

From what ive seen, almost all cash shop related things other than cosmetic are bypassed with the station pass, which is 15 bucks a month for all their games.

DragFire

Novice Member

11/03/12 1:14:56 PM#22
You can pay to rez with 100% probability with ingame items or money (no cash shop). If you are a reckless guy and dies over and over you should need cash shop for 100% probability to resurrect safely, but there are other ways without paying with real money. The game seems very interesting, something new. We should wait until launch to see how well the mechanics are fitted.
  Darkcrystal

Advanced Member

11/04/12 1:54:15 AM#23

WOW, people love to jump on the Bandwagon, well guess what your all wrong you do not have to pay if you die and to live longer, not for the US based one, and I know for a fact.....

There is not pay to win, so stop trolling and saying bad info about every darn game on this forum, so tired of wannabe gamers talking shit about games that dislike...... If you don't like it move on, but for those listening you will lose out on a great game so far, and I hate anything that looks a bit Asian, which it does, but the combat is great, story, everything is fun so far, and I'm picky about games I play....

Ivylena

Hard Core Member

11/05/12 6:57:18 PM#24

You people forgot to read one important word in their ad on the front page...

"Thirty years in the making, Wizardry Online is a Free to Play, hardcore fantasy MMORPG."

See the word "hardcore"?  Good...Move along please. No need to complain whatsoever, just don't buy it.

Bye now. :)

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"Those with the most Opinions tend to have the fewest Facts"

rojo6934

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

11/05/12 7:09:51 PM#25
Originally posted by Zhalika

Figure if the game allows me to pay less than $15.00 a month it's the same as a subscription mmo

Permadeath is a bonus... play smart - don't die = sounds like a real video game that punishes bad play

Diablo games have permadeath options

Everquest 1 originally had an option where you could lose your corpse permanently

lets say you are playing smart, and while questing you find 5 enemy players and they slaughter you for fun. There is no way to make a smart move there. Nobody is complaining about permadeath, the problem are the horrible developers who force you to pay money for a slight chance to revive your character. Being game developers dont turn thieves into serious business men... these guys are plain thieves to their playerbase and this game should be forcefully shot down until they learn to do business.

Unacceptable

"in peace, in sleep under the barren, abandoned soil"

Aerowyn

Apprentice Member

11/05/12 7:28:54 PM#26
Originally posted by rojo6934
Originally posted by Zhalika

Figure if the game allows me to pay less than $15.00 a month it's the same as a subscription mmo

Permadeath is a bonus... play smart - don't die = sounds like a real video game that punishes bad play

Diablo games have permadeath options

Everquest 1 originally had an option where you could lose your corpse permanently

lets say you are playing smart, and while questing you find 5 enemy players and they slaughter you for fun. There is no way to make a smart move there. Nobody is complaining about permadeath, the problem are the horrible developers who force you to pay money for a slight chance to revive your character. Being game developers dont turn thieves into serious business men... these guys are plain thieves to their playerbase and this game should be forcefully shot down until they learn to do business.

Unacceptable

it's not ONLY pay to live... you get 2 shots to revive when you die which from the sounds of it as long as you have equipment on you should have no problem reviving most of the time.. seems the pay part just gives a 100% chance instead of like 95% for sacrificing a nice piece of gear.. not hardly as bad as people are making it seem

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

BigCountry

Novice Member

11/13/12 8:43:17 AM#27
Originally posted by Aerowyn

it's not ONLY pay to live... you get 2 shots to revive when you die which from the sounds of it as long as you have equipment on you should have no problem reviving most of the time.. seems the pay part just gives a 100% chance instead of like 95% for sacrificing a nice piece of gear.. not hardly as bad as people are making it seem

/this

Aerowyn you playing beta? We should get together. I am in :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

asmadeous

Novice Member

"I forgive, but never forget."

11/15/12 9:50:03 AM#28
Originally posted by Superman0X

2. Open world PvP is available, but not really practical. Once flagged, you are KOS on sight by the NPC's. This is one of the few ways that you can get enough rapid deaths to make permadeath a real result.

3. Solo play just isnt practical. You need to form groups and work together to do the mini-raid style dungeons.  There are some open areas, but the good stuff is group only.

>> 2:  There are slums; lawless areas/towns that you will be able to reside and still interact with the usual NPCs. However, there are no guards and it is a haven for criminals, so be wary that you are not the only fugitive in the neighborhood.

>> 3:  Essentially, one should never travel alone. This is an MMORPG after all, yet there are those who prefer to solo. It's not impossible, but one's survival will be much greater with a friend compared to exploring alone.

BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

11/15/12 9:51:13 AM#29

Sick, sad, and wrong.

Yep, so "hardcore" isn't it guys?

Now Playing: D3:RoS
Looking Towards: Destiny

Pyuk

Elite Member

11/15/12 9:53:47 AM#30
The game is shyte. Normally I will mock folks for playing a game for less than a day and then pass judgement upon it, but in this case, it's justified. I wouldn't want to subject anyone to more than a day of play of this pile. The words "clunky" and "ugly" were creatted for such things as Wizardry online. Some at SOE owed someone a huge favor for picking this thing up - hopefully they at least wore gloves.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

iamrta

Novice Member

11/15/12 9:56:03 AM#31
Is this a game about the US health care system? :)
2 Pages « 1 2 Search