Pirates of the Burning Sea is now officially free to play. All servers are back on line and players can check it out for free as of today, Tuesday, November 30th. Players can also choose to subscribe for $14.99 per month or purchase premium content through the in-game store.
- Choose to be a Naval Officer, Privateer, Freetrader, Buccaneer or Cutthroat.
- Battle other players to control more than 80 conquerable ports in the Caribbean.
- Become an elected Port Governor and influence economy and defenses.
- Engage in tactical ship combat, firing broadsides and boarding the enemy using one of over 150 historical ships.
- Specialize in one of four different styles of land combat - formal Fencing, dual-wielding Florentine, treacherous Dirty Fighting or brutal Brawling.
- Explore the world and make a name for yourself in more than 1000 missions.
- Vie for power and wealth with the fully player-driven economy.
- Design your own personal flags and customized sail patterns.
Read more here.