Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,171 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,724
Portalus Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 01/22/08)  | Pub:Portalus Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Pirates of the Burning Sea Forum » General Discussion » Portalus already censoring away...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Lahuzer

Advanced Member

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me...

OP  3/03/13 11:05:42 PM#21
Originally posted by zymurgeist
Cultivate patience. It's a virtue.

You remind me of the band that kept playing when Titanic was going under...

iueras

Advanced Member

3/04/13 1:57:59 AM#22

Even right now is a good example of how over their head they are. On the Portalus site is says "The majority of the maintenance work has been completed on the BurningSea.com databases. They are currently undergoing a consistency verification, which may take another hour.". That message has been up for about 5 hours now (as of my last edit here, starting from when I first looked and that news was already up when I did), and the site is still down.

Doesn't exactly engender confidence when they can't seem to do a simple website maintenance without some kind of screwup. Not to mention prioritizing a restructuring of the forums over allowing people to make new accounts or actually give them money. As of this writing there is STILL no way to buy anything from them, or make a new account. Or even recover a password for an existing one. All VERY basic functions necessary to the operation of an MMO business. But hey, the forums have been rearranged. Maybe that'll help. :rolleyes:

I just dunno at this point. I will keep playing, cause it is the best pirate/age of sail mmo out period. I sincerely hope portalus gets this going and going right, I really do. It's just... I dunno. Things like this don't really make me confident that the game will still be around in a few months, you know?

zymurgeist

Advanced Member

3/04/13 6:24:33 AM#23
Originally posted by Lahuzer

As opposed to panicking, jumping in the freezing water, and drowning sooner? Or maybe they should have forced the women and children into the sea and take the lifeboats?

When there is nothing you can do, do nothing.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

OP  3/04/13 9:09:52 AM#24

As opposed to panicking, jumping in the freezing water, and drowning sooner? Or maybe they should have forced the women and children into the sea and take the lifeboats?

When there is nothing you can do, do nothing.

If you didn't get that analogy with you defending Portalus lack of communication with it's playerbase, and their approach to handle it, then I can't help ya.

Back to topic. While other companies, like for instance AV (makers of Darkfall Unholy Wars), or SV (the small DEV-crew behind Mortal Online), leave almost every critique that people have about their game, cause they, as many other developers, know that they can learn something from it. Portalus do the opposite. They try to hide it under the carpet, and make it seem like their ain't no problem. They should show some balls like other companies and listen to critique, and respond to it. You are just as blind and delusional as them if you think this is a good way to handle their playerbase concern. I can understand that they censor or take away personal attacks on them. But not questions like the once I and others has brought up. Censoring is NEVER the way to go in those cases.

zymurgeist

Advanced Member

3/04/13 2:33:21 PM#25

You ever even been on the Darkfall or Mortal Online forums?

They keep people fully informed with the latest lies. You can't believe a word they say. Their censorship is also rampant, fan based, and troll infested. They're the worst examples of forum moderation I can think of. You might as well be reading Pravda.

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

OP  3/04/13 3:01:13 PM#26

They keep people fully informed with the latest lies. You can't believe a word they say. Their censorship is also rampant, fan based, and troll infested. They're the worst examples of forum moderation I can think of. You might as well be reading Pravda.

No. I just named them cause I have never been there... DUH!!! But it seems you have no clue though. Cause if you go in and read for instance the changes in the patchnotes from both companies, you clearly can see that they listen to the critique that their players have given them. For instance. In one of MOs latest patches the patchnotes even read "None-player made shields should now no longer impact your swing. (there you go Bronzen)". Bronzen being the one that kept bringing that up on the forums. And they communicate all the time with their players. Right now Sebastian is talking with the players about people who put TC towers near cities. Here is that discussion http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/sv-remove-tower-at-guardzones.85409/page-3 And I can't go into the changes AV is doing since they are still under NDA, but they keep tweaking the game little by little from the feedback from it's players. And the feedback has been anything but nice to say the least. So come back when Portalus shows some balls and communicate and not censor like them. How can you even compare them and try to misscredit what they are doing compared to the none communication and censoring of ANY topic that questions what Portalus is doing on PoTBS forum, shows that your a lost cause and so far gone into Fanboiland that you can't see what everyone outside Fanboiland can. So ride around there on a unicorn, and smell the flowers, and watch some rainbows. Just don't come crying when your little dream ends.

Edit. It's funny that you try to call those forums fanbased, when anyone that reads this can clearly see that your the very definition of a fanboi...

And the fact remains. These companies and others as I also stated, answers players concern, and don't censor things like the stuff I and others brought up on PoTBS forum. What we've taken up is innocent if you compare to the crazy shit that peeps throw at AV and SV that STAYS.

zymurgeist

Advanced Member

3/04/13 8:10:30 PM#27

No. I just named them cause I have never been there... DUH!!! But it seems you have no clue though. Cause if you go in and read for instance the changes in the patchnotes from both companies, you clearly can see that they listen to the critique that their players have given them. For instance. In one of MOs latest patches the patchnotes even read "None-player made shields should now no longer impact your swing. (there you go Bronzen)". Bronzen being the one that kept bringing that up on the forums. And they communicate all the time with their players. Right now Sebastian is talking with the players about people who put TC towers near cities. Here is that discussion http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/sv-remove-tower-at-guardzones.85409/page-3 And I can't go into the changes AV is doing since they are still under NDA, but they keep tweaking the game little by little from the feedback from it's players. And the feedback has been anything but nice to say the least. So come back when Portalus shows some balls and communicate and not censor like them. How can you even compare them and try to misscredit what they are doing compared to the none communication and censoring of ANY topic that questions what Portalus is doing on PoTBS forum, shows that your a lost cause and so far gone into Fanboiland that you can't see what everyone outside Fanboiland can. So ride around there on a unicorn, and smell the flowers, and watch some rainbows. Just don't come crying when your little dream ends.

Edit. It's funny that you try to call those forums fanbased, when anyone that reads this can clearly see that your the very definition of a fanboi...

And the fact remains. These companies and others as I also stated, answers players concern, and don't censor things like the stuff I and others brought up on PoTBS forum. What we've taken up is innocent if you compare to the crazy shit that peeps throw at AV and SV that STAYS.

Their forums are moderated by volunteers. Not professionals. They are two of the worst companies in the business. That you would use them as positive examples of anything is unbelievable.

aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

3/04/13 10:42:11 PM#28

lol... SV answers players concern?

Keep living in fantasy land lol.

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

OP  3/05/13 2:39:04 AM#29

Their forums are moderated by volunteers. Not professionals. They are two of the worst companies in the business. That you would use them as positive examples of anything is unbelievable.

This shows that you clearly missed the point. When those two companies, that are known for not being the best, STILL do alot more then Portalus. That says ALOT how bad Portalus is handling their community by censoring and not responding to it's players concerns.

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

OP  3/05/13 2:45:05 AM#30
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

lol... SV answers players concern?

Keep living in fantasy land lol.

Well, they are. But they can't magically fix the game since they are 3 devs. But at least they are communicating with their players, and not censoring innocent questions like the once me and others have made on PoTBS forums. Go visit SV and AV forums and you see alot of concerned players questions all over the place. Head over to PoTBS forum and it looks like there is no problems what so ever with what Portalus is doing, or rather, not doing. This is what this topic is about.

potbelly

Novice Member

10/10/13 12:41:58 AM#31
Its the  censorship that gets me. You can post  constructive comment like why is the /support option for complaints disabled and Portalus owners are like petulant children. Instead of addressing the issue they delete the post in a tantrum fit. No negative comments what so ever are allowed on THIER Official Forum. Forum feedback is not for customer base anymore. Its to praise current owners on how great a job Portalus is doing. 
  Niall18

Novice Member

11/28/13 10:46:06 PM#32
Originally posted by potbelly
Its the  censorship that gets me. You can post  constructive comment like why is the /support option for complaints disabled and Portalus owners are like petulant children. Instead of addressing the issue they delete the post in a tantrum fit. No negative comments what so ever are allowed on THIER Official Forum. Forum feedback is not for customer base anymore. Its to praise current owners on how great a job Portalus is doing. 

Well thats funny considering there just now getting ready to open the forums after like 3months. Trolls...

Check out my Blog for MMO News, Rants & Fun!

http://MMO-Elitist.blogger.com

Norpan

Novice Member

11/29/13 5:10:12 PM#33
Originally posted by MMOBlogger
Originally posted by potbelly

Well thats funny considering there just now getting ready to open the forums after like 3months. Trolls...

This thread is quite old... And also, they wont let any post that delivers any kind of crtiticism through on their homepage either.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search