Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Albion Online | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,144 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,496
Portalus Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 01/22/08)  | Pub:Portalus Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Pirates of the Burning Sea Forum » General Discussion » What would bring you back to this game?

6 posts found
  Arclan

Spotlight Poster

"Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute."

OP  2/22/08 12:42:24 AM#1

Me, personally.  I would come back if I could get multiple accounts without paying $50 per box.  They should let you get multiple accounts with the same box (as long as it uses the same credit card).  Of course, gold farmers would be an issue with this.

I'd be even more happy if they added functionality to the economy.  The blind auction house did not do it for me; in the end I hated it.   Take lessons from EVE;  Let players set "buy" orders and sell orders.  Just get rid of the blind auction house entirely.

Also, I think there is no money to be made as a freetrader.  Yes the map is sort of big, but why would I spend all this money on a good when I can take a 15 minute sail to the other end of the map and buy it for much cheaper or harvest it myself.  On Eve, buying/selling worked because it can take an hour to cross just a fraction of the map AND you were vulnerable to PvP in many cases.

P L A N E T S I D E 1 is up !! check PS1 forum for link to current installer.
Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit
video game company layoffs are twice the national average.

dbdayton

Novice Member

2/22/08 1:02:04 AM#2

Technically I haven't left yet.  I still have a week to go on my free month.  BUT...not going to resubscribe.  Today's server fiasco is just one too many.  Game is too buggy.

Also...it's not fun.   Shooting ships and handling the wind, and different ammo is fun for awhile..but I'm at level 22....I've seen it all it seems.  The end game is PvP?...but that's just a Gank (gang killing) fest, with no reward to do (but lots of loss/penalty if I do)

Game is just unfinished.  Technical issues are just overwhelming.  and...the real kicker....it's all my fault.  It's my router, it's my Nvidia card, it's Vista, it's my Spyware, my Virus protection, my Firewall ...it's bs cause I don't have any problem playing other games...why this one? Hell I can play Crysis for god sake. 

So what would make me come back? um.. fix the game....finish it, get the technical stuff fixed, I would play if for free (ie no monthly subscribtion fee) from time to time cause the naval aspect is different.  But the game is just not finished...not by a long shot. 

I feel ripped off $50

toadkiller

Apprentice Member

2/22/08 8:45:40 AM#3

An actual open seas PvP server or at the very least much more PvP without all the crap PvE grinding necessary to get there

As it stands now on my server there is one , count it , one PvP circle -

They are taking too long to fix that too -

BigCountry

Novice Member

2/22/08 3:46:21 PM#4

A 'perma flagged open sea' PvP server would be great.

I beat this horse until is was dead and deceased on the FLS forums....lol

No dice...

:(

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

Arclan

Spotlight Poster

"Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute."

OP  10/03/12 2:59:52 PM#5

Originally posted by Arclan
Me, personally.  I would come back if I could get multiple accounts without paying $50 per box.  They should let you get multiple accounts with the same box (as long as it uses the same credit card).  Of course, gold farmers would be an issue with this.
I'd be even more happy if they added functionality to the economy.  The blind auction house did not do it for me; in the end I hated it.   Take lessons from EVE;  Let players set "buy" orders and sell orders.  Just get rid of the blind auction house entirely.
Also, I think there is no money to be made as a freetrader.  Yes the map is sort of big, but why would I spend all this money on a good when I can take a 15 minute sail to the other end of the map and buy it for much cheaper or harvest it myself.  On Eve, buying/selling worked because it can take an hour to cross just a fraction of the map AND you were vulnerable to PvP in many cases.

4-year old bump. Can you place buy/sell orders in POBS like you can in EVE? Or does the blnid auction house still exist? Thanks.

P L A N E T S I D E 1 is up !! check PS1 forum for link to current installer.
Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit
video game company layoffs are twice the national average.

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

10/03/12 3:02:26 PM#6

Goonswarm's CIA group.