Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,942 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,770
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Is the Diablo franchise pretty much defunct now?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
62 posts found
  DiSpLiFF

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:33:06 AM#21

Blizzard has always been good with bringing out consistent content with their games. I play the game from time to time. My only real problems with the game are it is too short and party size is too small. But hopefully an expansion will improve upon this. 

I think a lot of people are drama queens for this game just because it's a Blizzard game. People were the same way when Diablo 2 came out. 

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

12/10/12 7:33:52 AM#22
Yup I'll be buying the expansion. It will probably be more like two years to deliver though.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

Krematory

Hard Core Member

MMOHOLIC

12/10/12 7:43:17 AM#23
Yes, I'm gonna buy the expansion as well. I'm a casual player, but I'm still getting upgrades every now and then :-)

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

12/10/12 7:44:08 AM#24

I got the game played it for a month, then I was done.  I will say this if they came out with a diablo 4 I would not buy it.  I just found the game too repetitive, and the same old dungeon design time after time.  It was like kill loot sell, over and over.  I really don't understand having the real market place  I never used it but some folks did.   I just felt the entire game was based of greed from Blizzard.   So long story short if they really did have a franchise with Diablo, they killed it. 

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 7:46:02 AM#25
Yeah they jumped the shark with the rmah and how they let it change the design of the game for the worse.

More likely to buy Torchlight 3 than diablo 4
  Hedake

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:47:24 AM#26
Yes, its too bad too, I had high hopes for that game.
  scotty899

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:49:12 AM#27
Originally posted by adam_nox
The game is horrible in multiplayer.   It's like an afterthought.  Gameplay is too slow, deaths too frequent, and players get separated constantly.  Whenever there's elites, everyone just goes crazy and runs around without direction.   Game needs agro management, and to stop being just a dps'fest.

o.O agro..why? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Banaghran

Novice Member

12/10/12 7:54:06 AM#28
Originally posted by scotty899
The game is horrible in multiplayer.   It's like an afterthought.  Gameplay is too slow, deaths too frequent, and players get separated constantly.  Whenever there's elites, everyone just goes crazy and runs around without direction.   Game needs agro management, and to stop being just a dps'fest.

o.O agro..why? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Because the other wow functionality works so well, like gear and enrage timers....

If something, the mobs are already to "clever" regarding aggro for a arpg, rangeds pull constantly from meelee chars, regardless of the amount of damage done.

Flame on!

:)

dave6660

Advanced Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

12/10/12 10:30:29 AM#29

It is to me.

RIP Diablo.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

Zorgo

Elite Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

12/10/12 10:40:37 AM#30

Gameplay too slow? Really? And everything else makes me feel that you didn't like D1 or D2 or this is your first of the series. Here's some advice, and you can use this in all multiplayer games for the future. 

What you are describing is a pick-up group/rdf problem, not a game problem. Find a good cross-game guild and or gather your friends and stop playing with 8 year olds.

LhynnSaint

Novice Member

12/10/12 10:58:28 AM#31
Originally posted by Asm0deus
They pretty much took a boat ride with Dexter as far as I'm concerned.

good one

Zorgo

Elite Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

12/10/12 8:01:19 PM#32
Just wondering, if D3 is defunct - are the rest of the top played games?
  DancingQueen

Novice Member

OP  12/11/12 2:56:47 PM#33
Originally posted by Zorgo

The Diablo franchise. Diablo III is dead to some and the franchise is even deader.

You must name the sorce of those numbers considering that WoW has over 2 million players in the US.

Badgered86

Novice Member

12/11/12 3:02:01 PM#34

I will not be getting any of the expansions or any future Blizzard products for that matter.  They've shifted from making quality games to milking players through microtransactions and attempting to psychologically addict people by using skinner box mechanics.  This type of 'game' design philosphy is insulting.

Zekiah

Novice Member

Hype (noun)
1. to trick; gull.
2. exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
3. swindle, deception, or trick.

12/11/12 3:03:12 PM#35
Originally posted by DancingQueen

Will you buy the expansion to Diablo III?

No. The core game sucks and is garbage, can't fix that problem with expansions.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

12/11/12 3:04:15 PM#36

The Diablo franchise. Diablo III is dead to some and the franchise is even deader.

You must name the sorce of those numbers considering that WoW has over 2 million players in the US.

Those are xfire numbers.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

Purutzil

Hard Core Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

12/11/12 3:07:36 PM#37
Considering the concept of progression is a big part of dungeon crawlers... I'd say yes. Diablo 3 seems to miss what made diablo 2 memorable and fun. Paragon levels did not help me at all. Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile to me are diablo 3, not this game we got here.
  Yamota

Elite Member

Gaming should be about fun, not gender equality.

12/11/12 3:08:44 PM#38
Blizzard is a bloated cash cow now. They will never produce innovative games like Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo 1. All they do now is to rehash the same thing but in shinier packages. Like Bioware they are RIP.
  Yamota

Elite Member

Gaming should be about fun, not gender equality.

12/11/12 3:11:03 PM#39
Originally posted by zymurgeist

Those are xfire numbers.

You said the forbidden word! The thread will now be locked any minute now! 

zethcarn

Novice Member

12/11/12 6:33:28 PM#40

D3 was the fastest selling PC game of all time.  Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/05/23/diablo-3-is-fastest-selling-pc-game-of-all-time/

There's already 2 guarenteed expansions planned.  As far as Diablo 4 is concerned, I think it may be possible but not with Jay Wilson.  He pissed off way too many people.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search