Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | Destiny | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,385 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,637
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Are you still playing D3?

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
178 posts found
  gimmesome

Novice Member

6/29/12 2:34:20 PM#41
Originally posted by sonoggi

not that it matters, but im basically done with Blizz and will be selling my entire account. theyre not getting a single cent out of me. all my money will be going to ANet and small up-and-coming companies with amazing products, like MWO and Hawken. im very close to boycotting BW as well, we will see where they heading in the near future.

This.

Well said, sir.    Cheers to MWO and Hawken for sure!     I agree to the fullest on your point here.   I'm on boycott mode in regards to Blizzard.    It's not just about bad choices in game design anymore, or catering to the lowest common denominator, it's now an issue of ethics and morality.     They don't even try to hide their greed anymore and people just let that slide...

We both feel the same in our regret for giving Blizzard money when we bought D3.    I feel so bad for giving them the false message that I support them by opening my wallet for them.     

Zinzan

Advanced Member

6/29/12 2:35:08 PM#42

Yeah i still play when the mood takes me, it's F2P afterall.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Zekiah

Advanced Member

Hype (noun)
1. to trick; gull.
2. exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
3. swindle, deception, or trick.

6/29/12 2:36:11 PM#43
Originally posted by sonoggi

this is the only purchase i regretted over the last 10 years of gaming.

Agreed, completely.

I've bought games that I didn't like all that much but this piece of junk was a huge let down. It's the only game that I've purchased where I wanted do-overs. It's just simply a pathetic game, sadly.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Hurvart

Novice Member

6/29/12 2:39:00 PM#44

The games are to mainstream. All blizzard games. And also to much focus on money grabs and short term greed. With D3 they are not even trying to hide it. Probably because they think people today will accept anything and just continue spending.

DrWookie

Advanced Member

6/29/12 2:39:41 PM#45

I log in about once a week for maybe an hour. I don't even have a tune in inferno! I'm in nightmare. For whatever reason the alure of playing through the acts isn't quite the same as it was with Diablo 2...I just lose interest really quickly during each play session.

Destai

Hard Core Member

6/29/12 2:40:34 PM#46

I've put about 40 hours into my monk and around 10 into my wizard. It's just not fun playing through the same content that many times, especially when it's not as open world as an MMO. I'm sure I will play more, but I am not heavily into it right now.

Current MMOs: Wildstar, Guild Wars 2, the Secret World, World of Warcraft

Past Loves: Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest

gimmesome

Novice Member

6/29/12 2:52:17 PM#47

Reptition isn't the main issue for me, tbh.

Diablo 2 was repetitive as well... but that wasn't such a bad thing since we were rewarded for our time spent repeating content...

That's the point.   You redo content to get more rewards.   So what that you run a certain act or boss 5 times today when you got 2-3 loot drops that you could use?

There's no reason to do that in Diablo 3 because in the end, you end up with no gear upgrades, less gold than you started with  (because some sneaky bastard decided it was good to make repair bills deplete your wallet), and a higher blood pressure and stress level since you died 10x trying to beat 1 randomly spawned elite-pack that Blizzard doesn't expect you to beat in the first place.   

I finally gave up on this game when i realized it felt like trying to squeeze "fun" and "enjoyment" out of a tooth ache.

Zekiah

Advanced Member

Hype (noun)
1. to trick; gull.
2. exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
3. swindle, deception, or trick.

6/29/12 3:18:34 PM#48
Originally posted by gimmesome

Reptition isn't the main issue for me, tbh.

Diablo 2 was repetitive as well... but that wasn't such a bad thing since we were rewarded for our time spent repeating content...

That's the point.   You redo content to get more rewards.   So what that you run a certain act or boss 5 times today when you got 2-3 loot drops that you could use?

There's no reason to do that in Diablo 3 because in the end, you end up with no gear upgrades, less gold than you started with  (because some sneaky bastard decided it was good to make repair bills deplete your wallet), and a higher blood pressure and stress level since you died 10x trying to beat 1 randomly spawned elite-pack that Blizzard doesn't expect you to beat in the first place.   

I finally gave up on this game when i realized it felt like trying to squeeze "fun" and "enjoyment" out of a tooth ache.

Diablo 2 had a carrot, Diablo 3 is all stick.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Crunchy22

Apprentice Member

6/30/12 12:29:41 PM#49

I really liked D3 and will be back.  New MMORPG launched and im somewhat burned out after getting mid way through inferno act 2.  As much as i like farming the butcher to continue progress, at this point ive already done all the content several time.

Trying not to burn out, once that happens ill never come back.  Hopefully a new expansion soon...hell id like just to have a 100% random dungeon option..pick your difficulty and get random look bosses and mabey if your lucky a "act like" endboss.

Something like that would really make farming all the better...because again...ive farmed the butcher so many times ive lost count, for weeks...and im farming him so that i can progress past content ive alwady done twice.

I dont agree with most of the D3 haters however, i think its a good game, i like the rune system better than i liked the D2 skill system, i like the AH, i dont use the RMTAH but it doesnt effect me so i dont care, and overall i think it was a good game (with a very lame storyline however, but thats not why i play a game like this)

And i did like infernos difficulty, id have quit  if i was able to complete inferno my first time through which would have occured weeks before i decided to take an extended break.

Carrotsan85

Novice Member

6/30/12 12:32:34 PM#50

d3 is horridly boring ... where's the pvp btw ... I was done with the game after beating it less than 5 days to inferno Act 2.  Uniques not to mention is nearly unfarmable.

alf2ooo

Advanced Member

6/30/12 12:33:21 PM#51

No, i see no point in playing Diablo with no pvp.

Painlezz

Novice Member

6/30/12 12:41:13 PM#52
AH ruined D3 for me. I play HC only so I don't even have RMAH. Game is too easy and drops aren't special anymore. It's all about getting gold to buy better gear. I miss the times when finding a drop was exciting.
  User Deleted
6/30/12 12:45:30 PM#53

Stopped playing a couple weeks ago. I don't necessarily regret buying it as I did get between 100-150 hours of gameplay out of it, but it really isn't that great of a game. Only reason I played as long as I did was because I was trying to force out more bang for my buck and had nothing else to play. :(

dageeza

Apprentice Member

6/30/12 12:52:12 PM#54

D3 was suppose to be the game that lasted me until GW2 released but it didnt..

This game is a real hunk of junk compared to d2...

Playing GW2..

Carrotsan85

Novice Member

6/30/12 12:52:50 PM#55

One of the reasons why I even got the game mainly was to finish the story line and I thought hopefully that I'll also be able to make a bit of profit, but knowing there's farmers, I stuck more for the story.  I also wanted the pvp ... where is it???!  I'm a story person you can say and a graphics one as well.  D3's story was interesting, but it was somewhat very repetitive and that might as well have added to the boredom.  This game like I said should have been released years ago.  It shouldn't have been held onto, but of course relating to marketing strategy.  Who would want to profit off a box game over having people buy off a sub game?  Am I right?  Lol.

I still plan on getting SC2:HotS regardless, the story is definitely a worthy get.  I love the cinematics and the drama Kerrigan has been thru.

User Deleted
6/30/12 8:42:47 PM#56
Originally posted by Painlezz
AH ruined D3 for me. I play HC only so I don't even have RMAH. Game is too easy and drops aren't special anymore. It's all about getting gold to buy better gear. I miss the times when finding a drop was exciting.

Oh, it is still exciting. You just choose to play ez mode and use the AH. It's not Blizzards fault you prefer to take the easy route.

See that button that says "Auction House"? Don't click it!

Banquetto

Advanced Member

6/30/12 8:54:37 PM#57

Yep still playing heavily. Working on progressing through Inferno on my main, but frankly the difficulty level is a bit too stressful to do all the time so I am also playing other classes.

huskie77

Advanced Member

6/30/12 9:03:39 PM#58

Yup, still play 5-10 hours a week.

Einherjar_LC

Tipster

7/01/12 12:56:35 AM#59

A friend of mine gave me one of his buddy passes to try the game and to be honest, I played one class up to the end of act 1 and have no desire to try the other classes.

I've tried a couple times to play the other classes but I just can't get into it.

There is something about D3 that is different than it's predesessors.  I played D 1/2 for hours on end, but this one just does not grab me like those two did.

*shrug*

So to answer the OP's question; no, I am no longer playing D3.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

stayBlind

Novice Member

7/01/12 1:02:50 AM#60

Not playing anymore. I moved on to POE since I can actually build a character there. (auramancer templar ftw)

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search