Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | The Crew | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,885 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,191,194
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
43 posts found
  wrightstuf

Novice Member

6/17/12 2:41:31 PM#21
Originally posted by 17Omega
Originally posted by wrightstuf

It's great they are making the drop rates better, but the serious problem now with patch 1.0.3 is that they are nerfing the crap out of IAS badly, lots of people complaining in the forums. 

stop the presses! people are complaining about a nerf. never mind that it was sorely needed, it was a nerf!

at least the complaining is likely in other forums. complaing is unheard of on this forum!

I ment in the Battlenet Diablo 3 forums, the people are going ape shit about this, because some people bought expensive IAS stuff in RMAH and AH. 

I've read those forums. whats being said is the normal reaction to a nerf that happens in every game known to man. people that think it thru logically arent complaining...the knee jerk reactionaries are.

The reality of it was that "IAS" was OP. Everyone was loading up on it. Kudo to Blizz and their 1.03 for smoothing out and improving a game that's alrdy a great game

Adam1902

Novice Member

6/17/12 4:17:35 PM#22

If I my fav character wasn't my Barb, I wouldn't like that patch at all.

IMO, they should do either one or the other - Either "smooth out" the difficulty of Inferno, OR "smooth out" the drop rate of high iLvl items. Not both.

I can see them WoW-ifying Inferno in terms of difficulty so all the WoWbears can farm the fuck out of it. I hope this doesn't happen, I hope they know what they're doing.

Instead of doing this, they should just sort out the melee classes. This patch, which will also nerf attack speed, will hurt Barbs and Monks even more. I'm just looking forward to the class balancing patch... Hopefully it's before the PvP one.

_________
Currently in casual mode!
Playing: Path of Exile, Tribal Wars

Watching: Albion Online

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

6/17/12 4:48:31 PM#23
Originally posted by Adam1902

IMO, they should do either one or the other - Either "smooth out" the difficulty of Inferno, OR "smooth out" the drop rate of high iLvl items. Not both.

I can see them WoW-ifying Inferno in terms of difficulty so all the WoWbears can farm the fuck out of it. I hope this doesn't happen, I hope they know what they're doing.

Instead of doing this, they should just sort out the melee classes. This patch, which will also nerf attack speed, will hurt Barbs and Monks even more. I'm just looking forward to the class balancing patch... Hopefully it's before the PvP one.

I'm also concerned about this.  Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

Celcius

Advanced Member

6/17/12 6:22:30 PM#24

It's great they are making the drop rates better, but the serious problem now with patch 1.0.3 is that they are nerfing the crap out of IAS badly, lots of people complaining in the forums. 

stop the presses! people are complaining about a nerf. never mind that it was sorely needed, it was a nerf!

at least the complaining is likely in other forums. complaing is unheard of on this forum!

I ment in the Battlenet Diablo 3 forums, the people are going ape shit about this, because some people bought expensive IAS stuff in RMAH and AH. 

I've read those forums. whats being said is the normal reaction to a nerf that happens in every game known to man. people that think it thru logically arent complaining...the knee jerk reactionaries are.

The reality of it was that "IAS" was OP. Everyone was loading up on it. Kudo to Blizz and their 1.03 for smoothing out and improving a game that's alrdy a great game

Agreed. People will learn to adapt. I have already switched some of my Demon Hunter's gear to crit since IAS won't be as good to stack. Having a bit will still be good though, but only a couple of items worth. The change is better for the overall health of the game because right now you are forced to stack IAS. 

stayBlind

Novice Member

6/17/12 6:24:37 PM#25

Did they fix the two WD passives that don't work?

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

User Deleted

OP  6/17/12 6:26:20 PM#26
Originally posted by zymurgeist
Originally posted by Adam1902

I'm also concerned about this.  Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

My favorite is my barb, too. I've got him to Act 1 inferno and just realized that to get that barb ready for Act 2, it would be more efficient to roll a DH to farm for the barb. Got the DH up  to level 57 very quickly and hoping patch 1.03 makes it feasible to farm my own stuff instead of relying on the AH. But I've been happy playing D2 the last couple of days, so I will pop back into D3 after the patch and see what's up.

I don't want to have to farm millions of gold to progress my barb. If so, I will walk and play another game. I want loot drops, not gold farming online. If Blizz doesn't fix *whatever is wrong* with this game [another thread], then I will just go play something else.

Hurvart

Novice Member

6/17/12 11:57:49 PM#27

Its possible the nerf itself is reasonable. But the difference compared to other games is that people have payed real money for the items. IMO, it would have been better to give IAS a hard cap or a soft cap. Or both... That way you could not get overpowered IAS. But the items would maintain the value better. When there is a RMAH they should try to do things like this in ways that means they dont have to change items. I dont know what they are thinking... I mean if someone buys some expensive item they should be able to trust its not changed significantly and worth much less after the next patch. I believe a lot of people will get very angry. If no real money was involved it would not be a problem...

Roybe

Apprentice Member

6/19/12 11:16:25 AM#28

A little QQ on my part. 

Blizzard:  Why does it take ALL day to freaking apply a patch?!?  Diablo 2 was a log in, download the patch and play.  Guild Wars 1...7 years online...32 hours server downtime total....GW2: Please log off and immediately login to apply a new patch.....same as GW1.  This is 2012....Blizzard you made a choice to protect our time and assets from dupers, only to waste it weekly to fix things that should have been fixed prior to release.

Thanks...I feel a little better now.  I hate patch day.  I hate Blizzard more, but unfortunately they own the Diablo franchise. :(

fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

6/19/12 12:43:19 PM#29
Originally posted by Hurvart

Its possible the nerf itself is reasonable. But the difference compared to other games is that people have payed real money for the items. IMO, it would have been better to give IAS a hard cap or a soft cap. Or both... That way you could not get overpowered IAS. But the items would maintain the value better. When there is a RMAH they should try to do things like this in ways that means they dont have to change items. I dont know what they are thinking... I mean if someone buys some expensive item they should be able to trust its not changed significantly and worth much less after the next patch. I believe a lot of people will get very angry. If no real money was involved it would not be a problem...

This is a very flawed logic. When you buy an item you are always facing the risk that that item can lose its value in the future. Blizzard should not be afraid to change the game just because someone decided to drop shitloads of money on an item.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

6/19/12 4:58:20 PM#30

Hahah .. their loss. If they are willing put spend real $$$ for some virtual items, they should eat the risk.

Personally, i don't like IAS that much, and opt to go with a 2H weapon casue when i kite (wiz), bigger hitting spells is more important than casting speed.

I am really looking forward to the patch .. i hate to grind gold to buy enough gear to progress. I am actually in Inferno act 2 and on the verge of doing ok .. so this patch hopefully will help. I also don't mind if the AH prices crash so i can gear up even faster.

Hurvart

Novice Member

6/19/12 5:00:31 PM#31
Originally posted by fivoroth
Originally posted by Hurvart

This is a very flawed logic. When you buy an item you are always facing the risk that that item can lose its value in the future. Blizzard should not be afraid to change the game just because someone decided to drop shitloads of money on an item.

I would agree if there was no RMAH. I dont like and never wanted the RMAH. I will never spend any real money. But if they sell items for real money I dont think they should change them or perhaps even delete them after someone payed for the items. Perhaps they have the right to do that. But players that payed money for items they change(nerf) in a patch have a good reason to be angry and upset if the items become worthless.

Its not a good idea to sell items for real money.  This problem is a good example why.

And a IAS cap would certainly also work. This was not the only way they could fix it.

AZHokie54

Hard Core Member

6/19/12 5:03:28 PM#32

Now that 1.03 is actually live, it's a complete disaster.

This game just keeps getting worse every Tuesday.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

6/20/12 10:52:40 AM#33

I have the opposite opinion. This latest patch has me logging in with excitement. No more do we have to keep repeating the same part of the game over and over for loot. Now we can just head anywhere at anytime and it can be worthwhile. The repair cost complaints are a bit over the top to me. I'm not having a problem with it at all... we die less now but have more reason to avoid death. The way it should be.

spikers14

Advanced Member

6/20/12 11:56:55 AM#34

Drop rates, RMAH, gold prices...whatever you want to consider here in terms of economy needed an adjustment. Trading at end game is great, but not if prices are out of reach of most players. That tends to alienate paying customers. The prices (both real and gold) have to come in line with something that the majority of players consider within reach.

I think Blizzard started, out of the gate, with a conservative approach. Let people play and see what develops in terms of trading prices. Even witht he best logistics, their system is so random that not even the great Blizzard could determine exactly what would happen once millions of people started getting drops. IMO, it is better that the market is not flooded at the start, an overflow is harder to correct. Slowly open the flood gates allows Blizzard to correct this balance over the short term. 

All in all, I like the patch. My monk is still getting rolled by elites in inferno, but I have a better chance now of progressing before my mouse hand has to be bronzed.

SlickShoes

Novice Member

6/20/12 3:53:53 PM#35

I have never really been enraged by a patch but that changed today.

I now need to repair just by being hit, 1 death costs me 5000g currently. As a Barbarian I cannot avoid being hit, I don't want to make a gimped ranged build either if I am doing that I may as well just re roll a ranged class.

Enrage times on everything is retarded, half the fun of the game is finding ways to kill things but now if you take too long (time set by some guy at blizzard) you will instantly die. Why should there be a time limit on killing something?

Regular mobs in Inferno Act2 now dont cut through me like butter, but with the other changes added this pales into the background. 

It's all done to force you to buy gold, spend gold, and eventually buy items for real money because all of your gold goes on repairs.

Z3R01

Novice Member

MMO gamer since 1997

6/20/12 4:06:33 PM#36
Originally posted by SlickShoes

I now need to repair just by being hit, 1 death costs me 5000g currently. As a Barbarian I cannot avoid being hit, I don't want to make a gimped ranged build either if I am doing that I may as well just re roll a ranged class.

Enrage times on everything is retarded, half the fun of the game is finding ways to kill things but now if you take too long (time set by some guy at blizzard) you will instantly die. Why should there be a time limit on killing something?

Regular mobs in Inferno Act2 now dont cut through me like butter, but with the other changes added this pales into the background. 

It's all done to force you to buy gold, spend gold, and eventually buy items for real money because all of your gold goes on repairs.

Play better.

Sorry but it sounds like you're a bad player and this is why you are suffering with the repairs.

Softcore players should be penalized for dying... a silly 5k gold repair is nothing compared to losing everything on Death.

Maybe you should make a HC character, then you will learn how to play. 

As for your blizzard does this for the cash ah crap mini-rant, Play hardcore we dont have a Cash AH, only gold.

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

SlickShoes

Novice Member

6/20/12 5:06:31 PM#37
Originally posted by Z3R01

Play better.

Sorry but it sounds like you're a bad player and this is why you are suffering with the repairs.

Softcore players should be penalized for dying... a silly 5k gold repair is nothing compared to losing everything on Death.

As for your blizzard does this for the cash ah crap mini-rant, Play hardcore we dont have a Cash AH, only gold.

I know how to play my class fine, when I incur a repair bill for getting hit that is ridiculous.

I am aware of what hardcore is, I play other permadeath games but I am not going to play it on Diablo, my softcore character has died numerous times due to latency issues so playing hardcore and losing a character to that is just pointless.

There is no learn to play issue with the patch, they made the game easier, but they also put in ridiculous gold sinks for no real reason, the enrage times on the mobs are also ridiculous.

Z3R01

Novice Member

MMO gamer since 1997

6/20/12 11:50:02 PM#38

Play better.

I know how to play my class fine, when I incur a repair bill for getting hit that is ridiculous.

I am aware of what hardcore is, I play other permadeath games but I am not going to play it on Diablo, my softcore character has died numerous times due to latency issues so playing hardcore and losing a character to that is just pointless.

There is no learn to play issue with the patch, they made the game easier, but they also put in ridiculous gold sinks for no real reason, the enrage times on the mobs are also ridiculous.

Again I really think this is a player problem. You arent good enough (yet) to avoid death, You lack the gear to avoid Enrage timers.  Blizzard made mobs do less damage and have lower health but Inferno is still extremely difficult and you will still need to pay attention and farm for gear. Also the bosses are much harder now.

"They made the game easier" If i had a dollar for every person i saw in general chat that said the same thing, only to bitch 30 minutes later that they still get owned by the same crazy elites I would have an extra 50 bucks in my pocket.

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

fadis

Novice Member

6/21/12 2:32:46 AM#39

Yeah... a lot of the complaining is overblown - but the enrage timers are the just plain laziness by Blizzard.  It's amateur hour stuff.

Hurvart

Novice Member

6/21/12 3:12:56 AM#40

Play better.

Again I really think this is a player problem. You arent good enough (yet) to avoid death, You lack the gear to avoid Enrage timers.  Blizzard made mobs do less damage and have lower health but Inferno is still extremely difficult and you will still need to pay attention and farm for gear. Also the bosses are much harder now.

"They made the game easier" If i had a dollar for every person i saw in general chat that said the same thing, only to bitch 30 minutes later that they still get owned by the same crazy elites I would have an extra 50 bucks in my pocket.

You will need to repair even if you dont die. But less often. But it is still expensive for poor players that depend on gold that drops and never use the AH.

And it is a gear check. Enrage timers are not in any way making anything more difficult. If you have enough dps and good enough gear it is as easy as ever. Obviously they want people to go to the AH and upgrade the gear.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search