Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,738,073 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,956
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Banned for voicing opinion...

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
49 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  6/13/12 8:20:18 PM#21
Originally posted by TGSOL

Well, regardless of whether or not the ban was deserved, there were some good points to be made, particularly with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

The item system really is waaay to simple and boring. There are too many "essential" stats and the "extras" are few compared not just to D2, but other Diablo-esque action RPG's as well (Titan Quest being a prime example). They're also boring and not very useful. Gold/orb pickup increase? Extra life from life orbs? Skill improvements that amount to "5 less mana each cast" or "6% extra damage." Come on. Sure they help, in a boring, uninspired way, but ultimately they help so little that no sane person from Hell onwards would actively look for those stats.

D3 end-game is all about stacking Primary Stat + Vit + armor/resists and doing defense-focused builds. Talk about boring.

Also, I don't think Blizzard even tested half the skills/runes in this game. For example, there is no way any half-competent play tester could have approved of Witch Doctor pets. They are utterly useless, and not in some obscure way - they are flat out, plain old, very blatantly useless wastes of hot-bar space, except in Normal and Nightmare, where they still manage to be sub-par.

I refuse to believe that there's any human being in the entire world with at least 2 functioning brain cells who could have actually tested these skills and found them to be anything other than useless. It's just not possible

I seriously respect you man. You took the time to actually read my posts before judging. A lot of the responses here and on my posts involve people who read the first 3 lines and then reply with "You are an idiot" most of the time. Glad to see someone agree with me for once.

As for the ban, whatever... IT's only a temp. ban until Saturday (3 days)

pacov

Novice Member

6/13/12 8:44:34 PM#22
Originally posted by trash656
Originally posted by RebelScum99

I stopped reading the thread after your third sentence.  Anyone who does nothing but game from 8 am to 4 am is obviously clinically insane, and would not be someone I take seriously.  

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Eat some food that you actually cook rather than nuke in a microwave.

Go outside and blow the stink off of you.

Find a healthier hobby.

Seriously, Blizzard probably banned you for your own good.  They probably did it to save your life and help you with your diabetes.  You should be thanking them instead of running over here to cry foul.

Buddy, You're a Hyppocrtye. You're on a MMORPG gaming site and I'm pretty sure most hard-core gamers don't have lives. Sorry but it's a widely known fact, and one most gamers are willing to accept. I've seen You come here and post multiple times a day, all hours of the day, even on work days, for the last 2 months. How is it that you are 41 years old, and have a job or a life yourself? I work 8 hours a day as a mental health worker and have hardly anytime to even get on the computer. How is it possible that you have more of a life and have all this time on your hands to post all hours of the day even working days? Maybe before passing judgments on people you know nothing about on the internet you should look in the mirror, because by societys standards none of us have "lives"

+100

Amjoco

Elite Member

6/13/12 8:50:53 PM#23
Originally posted by pacov

I stopped reading the thread after your third sentence.  Anyone who does nothing but game from 8 am to 4 am is obviously clinically insane, and would not be someone I take seriously.  

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

Seriously, Blizzard probably banned you for your own good.  They probably did it to save your life and help you with your diabetes.  You should be thanking them instead of running over here to cry foul.

Buddy, You're a Hyppocrtye. You're on a MMORPG gaming site and I'm pretty sure most hard-core gamers don't have lives. Sorry but it's a widely known fact, and one most gamers are willing to accept. I've seen You come here and post multiple times a day, all hours of the day, even on work days, for the last 2 months. How is it that you are 41 years old, and have a job or a life yourself? I work 8 hours a day as a mental health worker and have hardly anytime to even get on the computer. How is it possible that you have more of a life and have all this time on your hands to post all hours of the day even working days? Maybe before passing judgments on people you know nothing about on the internet you should look in the mirror, because by societys standards none of us have "lives"

+100

+101 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Dragim

Apprentice Member

6/13/12 8:52:05 PM#24
Originally posted by Raserei
Originally posted by Terranah

Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

I have literally escaped reality the past 8 years. How does one continue reality?

We shape the reality that is around us.  Society is set up in a way that it is the reality that we live in, the reality in a small town is a lot different then the reality in a large city.

Societys that are set-up differently, have different realities.

The reality in a tribe living in a rainforest somewhere is vastly different than that of an industrial nation.

So to say that your reality is the same as someone else's is false because through our social interactions and activities we create the reality that we live in.

Without social interaction and society, what reality is there to live in?

So if one lives in a electronic reality, blogging, playing video games, chatting online, how is that reality not real in comparison to someone who goes out and drinks their life away and whoring themselves out at a bar?

We all choose to live our lives how we want and to condemn someone for how they live is trying to tell them to live in your reality and not their own.

Live your life how you want, if you are unhappy with your life, then change it, otherwise, if you enjoy what you do, living in your reality, then continue to do so.

Life is what you make it, if you are happy to not make much of it, then so be it.  If you are happy trying to tell others that their reality is crap, then so be it.

Reality is what you make it.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

renrinken

Apprentice Member

6/13/12 9:04:33 PM#25
Originally posted by Thane

blizzard does not permanently ban for one action (well, especially not ONE post).

Pretty much the impression I get. If one or two posts were the sole cause of a perma-ban, why in the world would they not delete the posts in question ?

You would have to be a sheep to completely buy into his claims. I doubt he was banned in first place, and if he did then this is a complete false corrolation. Reminds me of a DOTA forum. People will cry and cry that they were banned saying how they are the perfect gentlemen in a game. Then a mod will come out and confirm that he sprewed vile and disgusting things in chat, often anti semetic and bigoted remarks.

Bolthar

Advanced Member

6/13/12 9:04:44 PM#26
Originally posted by TGSOL

Also, I don't think Blizzard even tested half the skills/runes in this game. For example, there is no way any half-competent play tester could have approved of Witch Doctor pets. They are utterly useless, and not in some obscure way - they are flat out, plain old, very blatantly useless wastes of hot-bar space, except in Normal and Nightmare, where they still manage to be sub-par.

I refuse to believe that there's any human being in the entire world with at least 2 functioning brain cells who could have actually tested these skills and found them to be anything other than useless. It's just not possible.

Unfortunately they locked the beta testers to normal mode and level 13 as to not allow them to see how useless they really are. I am pretty sure people with access to the other levels pre-release fall into the two brain cell category.

Sorry when Normal mode Act 1 Boss 1 Skeleton King can 2 hit your Witch Doctors pets whats the use of them? At least I now just explode them for some minor enjoment since they were gracious enough to allow me that skill rune within the 13 levels I got.

I have a 1 dollar paid guest pass as I know absolutely noone who bought this game to try and get it from them and I don't play WoW. So now I am stuck at level 13 on all 5 of the classes and am already disilussioned enough to think I spent 1 too many dollars on this. I was so planning to like this game and had even tried to figure out where to buy it besides straight from Blizzard but after playing this "starter edition" I think I would get more enjoyment taking my kids out to CiCi's pizza (and god how I hate that place).

People may flame me for not trying it to level 60 but really whats going to change? A few more runes and skill unlocks and a ton of loot grinding? Its not like they left any difficulties to play around with different character builds. Just change some gear and some skills/runes and poof new playstyle/same grind

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

6/14/12 6:48:32 AM#27
Originally posted by kalsigur

Hey Ras, 

I agree. I saw all the fail in the d3 beta and said once and for all, "Fuck you Blizzard!" 

I know they probably wont care about missing my money. But boy, it aint just me. Anyone and everyone I know who is a gamer will stear clear of their shit for years to come. 

Yeah, as evidenced by the...what was it...6 million gamers? who bought the game and are currently playing it. Yeah, true gamers are avoiding it in droves, I tell ya.  lol 

Seems that the bulk of that 6million sold was licenses to internet cafe's..... which of course are currently suing Blizzard lol.

Another large chunk comes from the 1.4m copies given to WoW subs.

In the end what had happened was, Blizzard was Blizzard and tried to use these figures which aren't accurate to get actual sales lol.

Gamers are largely avoiding it. Those that have no clue as to whats going on are spewing "6 million sold!".

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

6/14/12 6:54:45 AM#28

There's more to this than being banned for expressing ones humble opinion. I'm pretty sure you got banned for being a douchebag somewhere in that pile of posts, but I can't be arsed to delve into it :).

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

6/14/12 6:59:30 AM#29
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Hey Ras, 

I agree. I saw all the fail in the d3 beta and said once and for all, "Fuck you Blizzard!" 

I know they probably wont care about missing my money. But boy, it aint just me. Anyone and everyone I know who is a gamer will stear clear of their shit for years to come. 

Yeah, as evidenced by the...what was it...6 million gamers? who bought the game and are currently playing it. Yeah, true gamers are avoiding it in droves, I tell ya.  lol 

Seems that the bulk of that 6million sold was licenses to internet cafe's..... which of course are currently suing Blizzard lol.

In the end what had happened was, Blizzard was Blizzard and tried to use these figures which aren't accurate to get actual sales lol.

Gamers are largely avoiding it. Those that have no clue as to whats going on are spewing "6 million sold!".

More nonsense. People never quit making crap up do they? They sold 3.5 million worldwide the first day and that does not include internet cafe's or free copies to wow subscribers.  It's over seven million sold now and that again does not include the Cafe's who buy site licenses not multiple copies of  the game itself. It is the fastest selling PC game of all time. It sold out and is on back order in retail stores all over the United States and Europe. In some places it's still impossible to get a physical copy of the game.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

Sameer1979

Apprentice Member

6/14/12 7:01:49 AM#30
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Hey Ras, 

Don't you guys ever get tired of making stuff up and then try to pass it as some true or genuine information? why do you guys do this to yourself day after day?

Rivalen

Novice Member

6/14/12 7:06:17 AM#31

The only funny part of this thread is that someone actually believed anything rebelscum said.

Nice one, nice one.

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

6/14/12 7:14:30 AM#32

Well, I skimmed the OP's 2 posts and must say I'm suprised he would be banned for them, wonder if there's some other posts out there that really lead to their action, doesn't even appear like they locked down these two threads.

Perhaps they were concerned for his well being since he claimed to play so much, or due to the lengths of his posts viewed him as a stalker?   Maybe they felt he just consumed too much forum bandwidth. I dunno.

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

spookydom

Apprentice Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

6/14/12 7:16:55 AM#33
Originally posted by Amjoco

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

+100

+101 

+102

3-4thElf

Hard Core Member

6/14/12 7:20:23 AM#34

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

+100

+101 

Obviously he LARPs. Because that's a real hobby outside.

a yo ho ho

fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

6/14/12 7:27:15 AM#35
Blizzard don't ban permanently for one post unless it's just something way too exceasive. There are many posts (i have poated about this too) on these issues never heard of anyone getting banned because of this. You must have been banned for something else.

Plus you only get banned from the forums not the game as many people seem to think in this threas.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

redcap036

Novice Member

6/14/12 1:26:43 PM#36
Originally posted by spookydom

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

+100

+101 

+102

+103

User Deleted
6/14/12 1:37:43 PM#37

Despite all the people in this forum site downing you for being banned, nothing in your post was really all that bad imo and certainly didn't warrant a ban.

What they probably did was it started to get in the way of the gigantic egos over at blizzard and someone decided they didn't like that you presented facts to back up the analysis of their D3 release compared to D2 and decided to punish you for being honest.

No good deed goes unpunished.

User Deleted
6/14/12 1:39:38 PM#38
Originally posted by redcap036
Originally posted by spookydom

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Find a healthier hobby.

+100

+101 

+102

+103

+104 

Blasphim

Novice Member

Darkness is Death's ignorance, and the Devil's time

6/14/12 1:57:35 PM#39
Originally posted by Corehaven
Originally posted by Raserei
Originally posted by Terranah

Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

I have literally escaped reality the past 8 years. How does one continue reality?

Reality is severly over rated. 

The graphics are really good, but the quests are horrible.  The economy is broken entirely.  There's perma death if you like that.  Combat is okay but if you do it, these guys in blue show up and chase you for awhile which gets annoying because they dont stop.  Ever.  Its also entirely pay to win.  Severly so.  There's also all sorts of monthly fees too. 

Basically it sucks. 

I lol'd hard at this

sonoggi

Apprentice Member

6/14/12 2:15:26 PM#40

Hey Ras, 

same, i fully agree with OP. D3 is a shitshow. i realized this once i got to inferno, but i wish i had seen some things before buying the game. it's been uninstalled for almost a month now. it's complete garbage, and the entire thing was designed for morons who will use the RMT to be leet, which there are many. this is the next cash cow for Blizz, and theyre very successful at playing to people's compulsions and addictions. it's really sad.

im pretty much done with Blizzard because theyve become a corporate entity focused on proft only. they dont know shit about making a fun game any more. which makes sense, seeing how all the talent seems to have left the company.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search