Trending Games | Pillars of Eternity | Cabal 2 | Skyforge | Moonrise

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,959,343 Users Online:0
Games:801  Posts:6,391,839
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Banned for voicing opinion...

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
49 posts found
  Raserei

Apprentice Member

OP  6/13/12 5:03:38 PM#1

In-depth analysis on the item system:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

Overall rant of the game and history of Diablo III:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5793970255?page=1#3

Just got banned for expressing my opinions and many players agreeing. Went from being a Blizzard fanboy for 12+ years to not wanting to ever play there games again.

DarkPony

Steed of Tardcore

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.

6/13/12 5:23:24 PM#2

You got banned for that?!

Wow ...

Grahor

Advanced Member

6/13/12 5:28:22 PM#3

Probably for that plus his wonderful personality.

Terranah

Novice Member

6/13/12 5:36:44 PM#4

Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

RebelScum99

Apprentice Member

6/13/12 5:47:30 PM#5

I stopped reading the thread after your third sentence. [mod edit]

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Eat some food that you actually cook rather than nuke in a microwave.

Go outside and blow the stink off of you.

Find a healthier hobby.

Seriously, Blizzard probably banned you for your own good.  They probably did it to save your life and help you with your diabetes.  You should be thanking them instead of running over here to cry foul.

Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

6/13/12 5:49:15 PM#6

blizzard does not permanently ban for one action (well, especially not ONE post).

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Raserei

Apprentice Member

OP  6/13/12 5:51:40 PM#7
Originally posted by Terranah

Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

I have literally escaped reality the past 8 years. How does one continue reality?

Corehaven

Novice Member

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.

6/13/12 6:02:04 PM#8
Originally posted by Raserei

I have literally escaped reality the past 8 years. How does one continue reality?

Reality is severly over rated. 

The graphics are really good, but the quests are horrible.  The economy is broken entirely.  There's perma death if you like that.  Combat is okay but if you do it, these guys in blue show up and chase you for awhile which gets annoying because they dont stop.  Ever.  Its also entirely pay to win.  Severly so.  There's also all sorts of monthly fees too. 

Basically it sucks. 

User Deleted
6/13/12 6:04:43 PM#9

Hey Ras, 

I agree. I saw all the fail in the d3 beta and said once and for all, "Fuck you Blizzard!" 

I know they probably wont care about missing my money. But boy, it aint just me. Anyone and everyone I know who is a gamer will stear clear of their shit for years to come. 

Yalexy

Novice Member

6/13/12 6:05:58 PM#10

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Terranah Getting banned might be the best thing that ever happened to you.  You are playing videogames way too much based on your post.  I sympathize with you as I am an escapist also, but at a certain point it's unhealthy.

The graphics are really good, but the quests are horrible.  The economy is broken entirely.  There's perma death if you like that.  Combat is okay but if you do it, these guys in blue show up and chase you for awhile which gets annoying because they dont stop.  Ever.  Its also entirely pay to win.  Severly so.  There's also all sorts of monthly fees too. 

Basically it sucks. 

Additionally, I can't find any cheats like "iddqd". :p

UngoHumungo

Novice Member

I'm here......wheres the fish?

6/13/12 6:06:03 PM#11

Start>Shutdown>Turn-off Computer>Stand-up>Turn-around>Leave House

all joking aside I had this problem, getting a job is good start to repair a social life, then find someone with similiar interest and build on that, don't be afraid to try something you though was stupid, I recently went to COSI (Center of Science and Industry)made fun of that place everytime I drove by and I'll be damned if I didn't buy everyone in my family a pass so no one has an excuse not to go play at the museum with me, cause its  encouraged there

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

RebelScum99

Apprentice Member

6/13/12 6:06:50 PM#12
Originally posted by kalsigur

Hey Ras, 

I agree. I saw all the fail in the d3 beta and said once and for all, "Fuck you Blizzard!" 

I know they probably wont care about missing my money. But boy, it aint just me. Anyone and everyone I know who is a gamer will stear clear of their shit for years to come. 

Yeah, as evidenced by the...what was it...6 million gamers? who bought the game and are currently playing it. Yeah, true gamers are avoiding it in droves, I tell ya.  lol 

sumdumguy1

Advanced Member

6/13/12 6:07:32 PM#13

I suspect there is more than meets the eye here.

User Deleted
6/13/12 6:10:36 PM#14
Originally posted by RebelScum99
Originally posted by kalsigur

Hey Ras, 

Yeah, as evidenced by the...what was it...6 million gamers? who bought the game and are currently playing it. Yeah, true gamers are avoiding it in droves, I tell ya.  lol 

LOL - I did say, "everyone I KNOW" i certainly don't know 6 million people. 

And the one guy I do know who bought the game: d3 is the first game he ever bought. Which confirms my belief in blizzard designing for the lowest common denominator.

He simply doesn't know any better. [mod edit]

BigHatLogan

Spotlight Poster

6/13/12 6:16:01 PM#15

In-depth analysis on the item system:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

Overall rant of the game and history of Diablo III:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5793970255?page=1#3

Just got banned for expressing my opinions and many players agreeing. Went from being a Blizzard fanboy for 12+ years to not wanting to ever play there games again.

Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Warcraft 2.  Serves you right for liking their garbage for so long. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!

I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Hrica

Apprentice Member

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, and today is a gift"

6/13/12 6:20:36 PM#16
Originally posted by RebelScum99

I stopped reading the thread after your third sentence.  Anyone who does nothing but game from 8 am to 4 am is obviously clinically insane, and would not be someone I take seriously.  

Get a job.  

Get a girlfriend.

Get some exercise.

Read a book.

Take a shower.

Eat some food that you actually cook rather than nuke in a microwave.

Go outside and blow the stink off of you.

Find a healthier hobby.

Seriously, Blizzard probably banned you for your own good.  They probably did it to save your life and help you with your diabetes.  You should be thanking them instead of running over here to cry foul.

^ this +1

No disrespect to the OP, but take a break. That much gaming is will give you phyical/mental problems

Take this guys advice. Do some table top RP playing, at least your out with other humans and moving, please

Slampig

Advanced Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

6/13/12 6:44:42 PM#17
Originally posted by DarkPony

You got banned for that?!

Wow ...

Do you honestly think that this was the only thing posted? You know as well as I do that people tend to only share things that portray them in a positive light or make themselves out to look like a victem...

I don'y buy this for one minute...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

orator1970

Novice Member

Never tell your problems to anyone, 20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them-L.Holtz

6/13/12 6:56:56 PM#18

Basically it sucks. 

Now that was funny and sadly, true

TGSOL

Novice Member

6/13/12 7:37:56 PM#19

Well, regardless of whether or not the ban was deserved, there were some good points to be made, particularly with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5578596868?page=1#0

The item system really is waaay to simple and boring. There are too many "essential" stats and the "extras" are few compared not just to D2, but other Diablo-esque action RPG's as well (Titan Quest being a prime example). They're also boring and not very useful. Gold/orb pickup increase? Extra life from life orbs? Skill improvements that amount to "5 less mana each cast" or "6% extra damage." Come on. Sure they help, in a boring, uninspired way, but ultimately they help so little that no sane person from Hell onwards would actively look for those stats.

D3 end-game is all about stacking Primary Stat + Vit + armor/resists and doing defense-focused builds. Talk about boring.

Also, I don't think Blizzard even tested half the skills/runes in this game. For example, there is no way any half-competent play tester could have approved of Witch Doctor pets. They are utterly useless, and not in some obscure way - they are flat out, plain old, very blatantly useless wastes of hot-bar space, except in Normal and Nightmare, where they still manage to be sub-par.

I refuse to believe that there's any human being in the entire world with at least 2 functioning brain cells who could have actually tested these skills and found them to be anything other than useless. It's just not possible.

Lumm

Novice Member

6/13/12 7:52:53 PM#20

If any of you think for a second that Blizzard wont ban you over one forum post then you are mislead. This indeed does happen and quite often at that. Its not the ban that you are thinking which would be a game ban, they forum ban you. They do this to keep down the massive amount of crying and complaining from thier customers. No it isnt right but we are talking about the new Blizzard way here. They really dont care about your opinion what so ever. Thier number #1 goal? Money.

Everyone who has already bought D3 and is complaining now about how terrible it is will most likely not be there in a couple months, they will move on. With the RMAH just released they will do what they can to calm the storm until people forget about how terrible the game was at launch. Diablo3 is probably the worst big name sequal i have ever played and the most let down. Anyway enough of my derailing rant.

tldr; You will get forum banned if you say anything negative towards blizzard on thier official forums. FORUM BAN ONLY. Could be from 4 hours to 2 weeks depending on thier mood for that day.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search