Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,011 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,937
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » So What Classes are You Playing as Your Main ?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
69 posts found
  emperorwings

Hard Core Member

5/10/14 6:55:37 AM#21
Wizard. Leveled up a crusader to max level pretty much the first few hours of the class becoming available. But wiz is still my main.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

azzamasin

Hard Core Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

5/10/14 7:12:44 AM#22
Monk was my main but until they fix RNG or implement some way to actually get upgrades that are warranted and needed then I quit.  Reason my clan calls me the King of Rings.  I've gotten every single crappy legendary ring multiple times and am still sporting horrendous body armor because the RNG gods refuse to give me an upgrade in Belt, Body, Boots and Gloves.  Hell I have never seen an Unity Ring, Stone of Jordon or Ring of Grandeur but I've gotten like 21 freaking Bul-Kathos and 17 or so Stolen Rings.  First time the legendary threshold is reached for me the previous 2 weeks was always a ring of crap.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/10/14 10:07:43 AM#23
Originally posted by azzamasin
Monk was my main but until they fix RNG or implement some way to actually get upgrades that are warranted and needed then I quit.  Reason my clan calls me the King of Rings.  I've gotten every single crappy legendary ring multiple times and am still sporting horrendous body armor because the RNG gods refuse to give me an upgrade in Belt, Body, Boots and Gloves.  Hell I have never seen an Unity Ring, Stone of Jordon or Ring of Grandeur but I've gotten like 21 freaking Bul-Kathos and 17 or so Stolen Rings.  First time the legendary threshold is reached for me the previous 2 weeks was always a ring of crap.

well .. RNG is just that ... random.

I got lots of crappy leg too ... but .... are you crafting and using the mystic? You can craft again and again for the same item until you get a good roll. That takes mat that comes from leg. So even crappy leg items are useful.

The mystic also requires that.

MurlockDance

Apprentice Member

OP  5/11/14 4:55:50 AM#24
Originally posted by syntax42

I am playing a Monk because I prefer not to be a glass cannon.  I know certain builds with certain legendary items can be very good at not dying, but the RNG is not reliable enough to hope for a certain drop.

I think Kairel was referring to the lack of upgrades once you get into Torment.  I'm at the point now where no yellow item will be an upgrade for me.  I've gone through about two thousand blood shards trying to find a better yellow item.  Legendaries are the only thing left, and the devs have said they set the RNG to drop them only every 45 to 90 minutes.  Too many legendaries don't have stats I want or are completely useless to me, like two-handed weapons.  Farming for hours when I know the system is rigged feels like a waste of time.

The game was fun, but going past Torment 1 seems like an attraction only for those who truly enjoy grinding in games.  If they could make boss fights challenging and make them drop at least one legendary, I might play it again.

I am at that point too in the sense that it is very rare, as in I have to play 10 games, to find a rare that can squeek out a tiny bit of advantage over what I currently have on. It was easy to get to my current point though. It took only a few games to find a good variety of legs and rares that I like using once I hit 70.

Mastering the gear at level 70 is the tough part, and that is ok in my eyes. This is no different from playing D2 except now rather than doing the same three or four runs in Hell mode, you can do runs in more ways and in different places. It breaks down the monotony of running. Yes there is grind involved, but all of these dungeon crawl games are like that.

I am not saying the system is perfect, but it is pretty good. Do I think they could speed up the process of getting good drops in Torment? Yes. I also think that they should do something to make Master difficulty viable because at the moment I do not see much point in doing it at all, especially in comparison to Expert difficulty.

I have not found a great leg in Torment yet, but I have found some class-based set items, leg crafting materials and plans a bit more easily than in Expert. I also got a couple of decent legendaries off the bloodshard lady.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

MurlockDance

Apprentice Member

OP  5/11/14 5:01:43 AM#25
Originally posted by nariusseldon

I got lots of crappy leg too ... but .... are you crafting and using the mystic? You can craft again and again for the same item until you get a good roll. That takes mat that comes from leg. So even crappy leg items are useful.

This is an important point. I feel very much that the emphasis in D3 is slightly different from D2. In D2 it was mainly about uniques and some set items. You could craft or try to farm for runewords, but some runes were so rare that it was virtually impossible to get them.

In D3 you can acquire gear from various different means including especially crafting. I think part of the hunt for ubers is not just getting the already-made leg's, but really it is about blueprints and crafting materials. I have made a couple items that were better than anything I found for those slots, for example, I made a really decent legendary belt that so far I have not found a replacement for. Enchantment is another way of tweeking your gear.

And let's not forget gems. Seeing as gems are so expensive, I find that I do a lot of Normal runs just to get quick cash in order to make bigger and better gems. I didn't care that much about gems in D2. Sure they were nice, but usually not an integral part of my gear set up. Gems are far more important now because the better quality level 70 gear is hard to come by.

MurlockDance

Apprentice Member

OP  5/11/14 5:06:49 AM#26
It looks like people here prefer Barbarians and Wizards with Monks and Witch Doctors being the least chosen for mains. The latter suprises me because the WD is an extremely viable class. I find my WD to be just as powerful as my Wizzy. I am not surprised that Barbs are popular since it was a very much loved class from D2.

coretex666

Advanced Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

5/11/14 7:09:35 AM#27

I play hardcore wizard.

Currently paragon level 231. Spending my time mostly in nephalem rifts on Torment II.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/12/14 2:45:46 PM#28
Originally posted by MurlockDance

This is an important point. I feel very much that the emphasis in D3 is slightly different from D2. In D2 it was mainly about uniques and some set items. You could craft or try to farm for runewords, but some runes were so rare that it was virtually impossible to get them.

In D3 you can acquire gear from various different means including especially crafting. I think part of the hunt for ubers is not just getting the already-made leg's, but really it is about blueprints and crafting materials. I have made a couple items that were better than anything I found for those slots, for example, I made a really decent legendary belt that so far I have not found a replacement for. Enchantment is another way of tweeking your gear.

And let's not forget gems. Seeing as gems are so expensive, I find that I do a lot of Normal runs just to get quick cash in order to make bigger and better gems. I didn't care that much about gems in D2. Sure they were nice, but usually not an integral part of my gear set up. Gems are far more important now because the better quality level 70 gear is hard to come by.

Very much so. It is nice that they have the two systems. Drops can have better stuff but you have no control while crafting leg have some control. You can also farm the mat with purpose.

In term of gems, for me, is to get enough raw mat (maquise gems). I have 330m or so gold before ros (sold all my best stuff for $$ and gold when ros was announced) so i have enough for making better gems. So far im only down to 280m. 

MurlockDance

Apprentice Member

OP  5/13/14 1:59:15 PM#29

Originally posted by coretex666

I play hardcore wizard.

Currently paragon level 231. Spending my time mostly in nephalem rifts on Torment II.

That is awesome! I am no where close to that paragon level with my softcore characters even. I am in T1 though squeezing every bit of power out of my character that I can. It is so much fun! Once my gear and paragon levels are better, it is off to the higher levels of Torment!

Very much so. It is nice that they have the two systems. Drops can have better stuff but you have no control while crafting leg have some control. You can also farm the mat with purpose.

In term of gems, for me, is to get enough raw mat (maquise gems). I have 330m or so gold before ros (sold all my best stuff for $$ and gold when ros was announced) so i have enough for making better gems. So far im only down to 280m. 

So far crafting leg's seems better than getting drops. I think that is the most reliable way to get items that are decent for one's character, as long as the mats drop. I have had a few lucky rolls on Kadala too.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/13/14 2:40:22 PM#30
Originally posted by MurlockDance

So far crafting leg's seems better than getting drops. I think that is the most reliable way to get items that are decent for one's character, as long as the mats drop. I have had a few lucky rolls on Kadala too.

I think the game is designed so that the drops can be much better than crafting legs (for example, you cannot get the class sets).

But crafting legs are a lot easier to get (because the mats are dropped from known bounty/mobs) and you have control over them (if i only need the sword, i craft the sword).

I look at it as a slightly lower tier legs .. although it is not absolute worse (some of the sets bonus are quite nice).

sadWinds

Apprentice Member

5/14/14 12:30:27 AM#31

Was planning to play Crus once the xpac hits, got to like lvl 15, get bored, stopped playing and went back to wow. Then one day, not wanting to waste the $$ i payed for ROS,  i went back to playing my wiz which was benched earlier..

Fortunately, i had some colleagues IRL who were playing the game and decided to run me through the story mode(accidentally started the story mode lol) from ACT 3 onwards. Got bored, took a break and went back playing ACT V master.. Was hard as shit cause my gear is completely crap lol..

I prolly had the shittiest luck ever.. Ended up getting some legendary when a colleague of mine ran me through act V til that `mal` guy lol, finally hit 70. Got a wand of woh on my first adv mode but enchant it with the wrong stat lol!

Anyways, i had a love-hate rship with D3. Back then on vanilla D3, its boring as hell cause theres 2 builds, archon or CM but now, i have the flexibility to include disintegrate, black hole and the explosion skill(idk what isit called) in my build cause my gear helps it... back then i had a freakin hard time getting legendaries(i dont see any point spending $$ on rmah or farming gold to buy legendaries with good stats) but on this xpac, its a little easier.. If it didn't drop through a random mob, at least i can try my luck on that rift npc.

To answer your question OP, im playing a wiz now. CBA to play another class xD

MurlockDance

Apprentice Member

OP  5/15/14 2:08:29 PM#32
Originally posted by sadWinds

Was planning to play Crus once the xpac hits, got to like lvl 15, get bored, stopped playing and went back to wow. Then one day, not wanting to waste the $$ i payed for ROS,  i went back to playing my wiz which was benched earlier..

Fortunately, i had some colleagues IRL who were playing the game and decided to run me through the story mode(accidentally started the story mode lol) from ACT 3 onwards. Got bored, took a break and went back playing ACT V master.. Was hard as shit cause my gear is completely crap lol..

I prolly had the shittiest luck ever.. Ended up getting some legendary when a colleague of mine ran me through act V til that `mal` guy lol, finally hit 70. Got a wand of woh on my first adv mode but enchant it with the wrong stat lol!

Anyways, i had a love-hate rship with D3. Back then on vanilla D3, its boring as hell cause theres 2 builds, archon or CM but now, i have the flexibility to include disintegrate, black hole and the explosion skill(idk what isit called) in my build cause my gear helps it... back then i had a freakin hard time getting legendaries(i dont see any point spending $$ on rmah or farming gold to buy legendaries with good stats) but on this xpac, its a little easier.. If it didn't drop through a random mob, at least i can try my luck on that rift npc.

To answer your question OP, im playing a wiz now. CBA to play another class xD

Hee hee, ok. We gots us another Wizard

Looks like so far most of the gamers here have Wizard mains, Barbs are up there as are Crusaders. Monk and WDs are the rarest played as mains.

I am predicting that Crusaders will become ever more popular now that they seem to have been beefed up in the most recent patch.

User Deleted
5/15/14 2:29:11 PM#33
Monk is still my main.  Really fun class, and very mobile.  You're constantly jumping into a pack for some damage, then jumping out before they start to hit you.  Also lots of very strong AoE and pushback abilities.
  Koroshiya

Elite Member

Live with love, and love will find you.

5/15/14 2:39:07 PM#34

WD was my main for a while, reminded me as much as it could of necro.   Tried out a wizard and fell in love with it.  Running a spectral blades, crit/fire build so I can basically just walk around and faceroll T1 rifts/bounties.  Once I get more specialized gear I'll do a more interesting build.

I wasn't going to upgrade to RoS because I was so disappointed with original D3.  The loot tables are much more fun now that you get gear you can actually use instead of always getting dex/str gear on an int based char etc so I did and am happy with my purchase.  They still need to make crafting a bit more enticing I think.  I would be interested in pvp too, but its not something I ever did in diablo.  I always played mmo's for pvp.  I keep playing because its a relaxing farm when I am in-between mmo's like now.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

kreken

Novice Member

Today people are much cheaper than their clothes.

5/16/14 11:36:19 AM#35
My main is WD. It reminds me the most of necro from D2.
  jdnewell

Elite Member

5/16/14 11:46:29 AM#36

Crusader with WD being a close second.

I split my time between the two, but since the changes earlier this week to the crusader he has gotten all my time.

Ppiper

Advanced Member

5/16/14 11:56:00 AM#37
94 Wizard although I still feel under powered. Can't get my builds right and my gear, although all legendary, isn't quite right.
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/16/14 7:30:05 PM#38
Originally posted by Ppiper
94 Wizard although I still feel under powered. Can't get my builds right and my gear, although all legendary, isn't quite right.

What build/gear are you using? May be i can give you some advice .. i have a 251 wiz and he is ripping through T4 with a magic missile/disintegration/archon build.

sadWinds

Apprentice Member

5/17/14 9:44:30 AM#39
Originally posted by Ppiper

What build/gear are you using? May be i can give you some advice .. i have a 251 wiz and he is ripping through T4 with a magic missile/disintegration/archon build.

Hey narius, can u post me a link to your build and gear?

KJ30

Novice Member

Common sense , is not so common

5/18/14 10:17:34 AM#40

Narius i am interested as well for the WD build. If you could post details it would be great. I play with Barbarian and i just changed into a really good DMG-TANK build. I play solo , and i am doing T2(dont have the gear yet for higher torments).

But the TANK-DMG-SHIELD build is great. I f anyone interested i can share.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search