Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Star Trek Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,677 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,387
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Hardcore is 1000% more fun since RoS launch

14 posts found
  Banquetto

Advanced Member

OP  4/21/14 6:00:54 AM#1

I played a bit of hardcore back in D2, never much in D3 prior to RoS, though. I love the adrenaline rush, but when the inevitable happened, it was so boring to play through the earlier difficulty levels again, with zero risk, to get up to anything fun.

RoS changed all that with Adventure Mode and the new difficulty setting system. As long as you've unlocked Adventure Mode by completing the campaign once in hardcore (which is dead simple, on normal difficulty), the world is your oyster. Soooo much more entertaining leveling a new character when you can go anywhere, do bounties, do rifts, and tweak the difficulty setting to something genuinely fun and exciting to suit how twinked your new character is.

First thing I did when RoS dropped was level one of my softcore level 60's to 70 through Act V.. but since playing a little hardcore a couple of weeks ago, I've hardly touched my softcore characters.

Give it a try! Also, gearing up a hardcore character is a lot more forgiving since Loot 2.0.

coretex666

Advanced Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

4/21/14 6:03:15 AM#2
Hardcore is all I ever play in Diablo games. Currently playing HC wizard in D3 RoS.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

Lookwhostalking

Apprentice Member

4/21/14 6:05:42 AM#3
Waiting for price to drop a bit, then i m going to get it :)
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/22/14 12:50:43 PM#4
Originally posted by coretex666
Hardcore is all I ever play in Diablo games. Currently playing HC wizard in D3 RoS.

haha ... i can never play HC .. i die so many times. The fun, to me, is to push the envelope so that i am always on the verge of dying, but not quite.

I just push up to T4 after some upgrades. Sometimes i have to play smart to survive a particularly bad elite or champion affix combo .. but it is a lot of fun.

coretex666

Advanced Member

4/22/14 1:54:56 PM#5
Originally posted by nariusseldon

haha ... i can never play HC .. i die so many times. The fun, to me, is to push the envelope so that i am always on the verge of dying, but not quite.

I just push up to T4 after some upgrades. Sometimes i have to play smart to survive a particularly bad elite or champion affix combo .. but it is a lot of fun.

I am missing the thrill when playing softcore. Am trying to keep it save, so I do not go above T1. My long term objective is to finish hardcore campaign on T6, but I wont go there before I hit some decent paragon level (500+ will be about right I guess)

Lately I managed to complete Tal Rasha 4 set bonus on my wizard which got me to a whole new level. Am slowly approaching paragon 200, but it will still take some time :). Have to say I like the changes they made to the game. Been having fun so far.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/22/14 5:28:18 PM#6

I am missing the thrill when playing softcore. Am trying to keep it save, so I do not go above T1. My long term objective is to finish hardcore campaign on T6, but I wont go there before I hit some decent paragon level (500+ will be about right I guess)

Lately I managed to complete Tal Rasha 4 set bonus on my wizard which got me to a whole new level. Am slowly approaching paragon 200, but it will still take some time :). Have to say I like the changes they made to the game. Been having fun so far.

I have heard nothing but praise of the game after 2.0. Congraz on the tal rasha 4 piece. Personally I got 2 piece of the Vyr set (a new set) .. and the 4-piece bonus give archon all the runes!!!! That would be awesome.

One upgrade i got is a wand that gives 29% damage bonus to disintegration beam ... 29%!!!! suddenly i can now do T4 instead of T3.

Sheet DPS goes down a little though ...

coretex666

Advanced Member

4/23/14 11:28:02 AM#7

I have heard nothing but praise of the game after 2.0. Congraz on the tal rasha 4 piece. Personally I got 2 piece of the Vyr set (a new set) .. and the 4-piece bonus give archon all the runes!!!! That would be awesome.

One upgrade i got is a wand that gives 29% damage bonus to disintegration beam ... 29%!!!! suddenly i can now do T4 instead of T3.

Sheet DPS goes down a little though ...

Then you got better Slorak Madness than me. Mine gives only 25% :)

DPS on the paper does not mean that much. Effective DPS can be much higher due to skill dmg % and magic type % dmg not being considered in that. Get yourself Tal Rasha, the 4 set bonus is absolutely amazing!

My friend told me there is also chest armor with approx. 25% disintegrate dmg. Have not seen that yet, but already want it :)

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/23/14 3:28:28 PM#8

DPS on the paper does not mean that much. Effective DPS can be much higher due to skill dmg % and magic type % dmg not being considered in that. Get yourself Tal Rasha, the 4 set bonus is absolutely amazing!

My friend told me there is also chest armor with approx. 25% disintegrate dmg. Have not seen that yet, but already want it :)

Yeh, it was a good roll (the max is 30%). I did have to enchant it to get a gem slot though.

On diabloprogress.com, they track elemental damage, which is a bit more accurate, but no one is tracking specific skill damage, which can be huge.

None of the tal rasha set dropped for me yet :( The 4 set bonus seems to be awesome. Is it the same dmg multiplier as the regular meteor skill?

I also got the moonlight ward with 22% arcane dmg. The arcane "bomb" surrounding me (a prop of the amulet) is cool and adds to the dps. Hence, i am running with the L60 version and am still doing better dps than using a L70 amulet.

coretex666

Advanced Member

4/24/14 12:44:37 PM#9

Yeh, it was a good roll (the max is 30%). I did have to enchant it to get a gem slot though.

On diabloprogress.com, they track elemental damage, which is a bit more accurate, but no one is tracking specific skill damage, which can be huge.

None of the tal rasha set dropped for me yet :( The 4 set bonus seems to be awesome. Is it the same dmg multiplier as the regular meteor skill?

I also got the moonlight ward with 22% arcane dmg. The arcane "bomb" surrounding me (a prop of the amulet) is cool and adds to the dps. Hence, i am running with the L60 version and am still doing better dps than using a L70 amulet.

I also have to enchanted mine to get socket, I think it is usual.

Regarding the damage multiplier, I have no idea and got no specific answer ingame either. Maybe google will know the answer :). It certainly does a lot of damage. I use only arcane skills for damage dealing, but I also use familiar with damage buff which has fire attacks which do count for the set bonus, so that I get fire meteors as well as the arcane ones. If you get the bonus, make sure you have some fire skills as the fire meteors are far superior to any other :)

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/24/14 3:35:24 PM#10

I also have to enchanted mine to get socket, I think it is usual.

Regarding the damage multiplier, I have no idea and got no specific answer ingame either. Maybe google will know the answer :). It certainly does a lot of damage. I use only arcane skills for damage dealing, but I also use familiar with damage buff which has fire attacks which do count for the set bonus, so that I get fire meteors as well as the arcane ones. If you get the bonus, make sure you have some fire skills as the fire meteors are far superior to any other :)

I certainly will be on the look out for the tal rasha set. You must play a lot if you have the whole set drop for you. I have yet to see even one piece.

I did get two Vyr pieces to drop though. The +500 INT is a nice dps/toughness boost, and i am looking forward (if i ever get the 4 piece) of archon with all the runes.

I do use the elemental passive ... so i have all 4 types of damage in my skills (although arcane is going to be used the most). More precisely, i use sparkflint ... so the familiar can trigger the meteor, right?

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

4/24/14 3:40:57 PM#11

Paragon made hardcore more fun. Diablo 3 just fell short in hardcore. Other ARPGs dying in Hardcore isnt SO bad since it means I can play a whole new character making up a new build to try. Diablo 3 the characters are jsut the same old same old so it grew very boring very quickly. The whole joy of leveling was just so diminished that Hardcore felt very 'chory' for the fact if you died, prepare to level ANOTHER character through the tedious and boring grind of the same exact character with likely the same exact build and no change or experimentation.

RoS made me like it with paragon levels, though it still bothers me that the major reason I don't want my character to die is because leveling again to max will be tedious as crap without having the ability to customize and create builds of my characters like other ARPGs that pulled it off much better (like Diablo 2). Its still not enough to warrent me to focus on HC in RoS, unlike games like PoE or Torchlight 2 (As modern examples) where Hardcore tends to be my main play mode.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/25/14 6:53:10 PM#12
Originally posted by Purutzil

Paragon made hardcore more fun. Diablo 3 just fell short in hardcore. Other ARPGs dying in Hardcore isnt SO bad since it means I can play a whole new character making up a new build to try. Diablo 3 the characters are jsut the same old same old so it grew very boring very quickly. The whole joy of leveling was just so diminished that Hardcore felt very 'chory' for the fact if you died, prepare to level ANOTHER character through the tedious and boring grind of the same exact character with likely the same exact build and no change or experimentation.

RoS made me like it with paragon levels, though it still bothers me that the major reason I don't want my character to die is because leveling again to max will be tedious as crap without having the ability to customize and create builds of my characters like other ARPGs that pulled it off much better (like Diablo 2). Its still not enough to warrent me to focus on HC in RoS, unlike games like PoE or Torchlight 2 (As modern examples) where Hardcore tends to be my main play mode.

What are you talking about? It is EASIER to experiment builds in D3 (whether RoS or not) than all other ARPGs (D2, PoE, TL2 ..) because there is zero respec cost.

In fact, just go to diablofans.com, and you can see a wide variety of builds for any class. I have at least switch builds 2-3 times since RoS.

ShortyBible

Advanced Member

4/28/14 12:58:48 AM#13

Started the game 2 weeks ago.

Currently working on my paragons.

A lot of players seem to have issues with lag spikes.

Hate to have an HC toon die to lag.

Have seen this complaint in many chats.

Mostly from players in the midwest.

http://www.entropiapartners.com/?r=22415

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/29/14 11:12:49 AM#14
Originally posted by ShortyBible

Started the game 2 weeks ago.

Currently working on my paragons.

A lot of players seem to have issues with lag spikes.

Hate to have an HC toon die to lag.

Have seen this complaint in many chats.

Mostly from players in the midwest.

I don't play HC because I want to push the difficulty level and always on the verge of dying fast. If i play HC, i probably will be conservative, and never try new builds, rushing into battle trying to chase that treasure goblin.

But, lag spike is another reason i don't play HC.

The option is nice though.