Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Wasteland 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,488 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,593
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Why I think D3 needs Gold AH!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  zymurgeist

Advanced Member

11/09/13 6:39:01 AM#21
The problems the auction houses were meant to fix they didn't. The problems they caused will go away with them. Stupid people are still getting hacked buying things on third party sites and supporting criminals. It was a good try but you can't defeat human nature.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

sportsfan

Apprentice Member

11/09/13 6:55:53 AM#22
Originally posted by goldtoof

Also if the ah Is soooooooo important,how come the ps3 version without all the moneytization crap is so popular.

That's the catch, the console version got better "user" reviews (got trolled less), but it sold peanuts...

600k for a Blizzard game is a laugh.

But more importantly, no one plays the console versions anymore. Why even? You can't trade... Just try to find a game on line on the PS 3. Not in 6 hours even.

Which shows the hype for the AH's was extreme at launch. By deleting the AH' D3 is just another ARPG with slightly better engine.

A genre that is only played by a few 100K people, even distrubuted for FREE or at 15 dollars.

Garbage bin products.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

11/19/13 12:28:26 PM#23
Originally posted by sportsfan

That's the catch, the console version got better "user" reviews (got trolled less), but it sold peanuts...

That is because most have played D3 on the PC already.

We will see how RoS sells .. that will be more accurate a read on whether the market wants a AH.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

11/19/13 1:55:32 PM#24
Originally posted by nariusseldon

We will see how RoS sells .. that will be more accurate a read on whether the market wants a AH.

I don't know if anyone can make a direct correlation between the AH and the xpac sales. I was a big fan of D1/D2 but the RMAH was a dealbreaker for me. I would consider buying the game and xpac because the RMAH is gone, but the presence of the gAH isn't really a factor.

I might also not buy it if they overprice the game. PoE and TL2 have a much more reasonable pricing structure. I'm not really sure D3 is worth the price to me, but that's less about the gAH and more about the overall value of the game to me.

Curse you AquaScum!

nariusseldon

Elite Member

11/19/13 7:27:51 PM#25
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by nariusseldon

I don't know if anyone can make a direct correlation between the AH and the xpac sales. I was a big fan of D1/D2 but the RMAH was a dealbreaker for me. I would consider buying the game and xpac because the RMAH is gone, but the presence of the gAH isn't really a factor.

I might also not buy it if they overprice the game. PoE and TL2 have a much more reasonable pricing structure. I'm not really sure D3 is worth the price to me, but that's less about the gAH and more about the overall value of the game to me.

To you .. may be not a factor .. but obviously Blizz made a big deal out of "no more AH" .. so i think the RoS is a good barometer of that decision.

As for pricing .. lucky for me, i sold most of my stuff in the RMAH when they announced RoS (pretty obviously all gear is going to be worthless by the expansion), so it is going to be free for me. In fact, D3 is great ... i made enough to pay for MoP, and RoS.

baphamet

Hard Core Member

11/29/13 7:21:56 AM#26

Originally posted by Sinaku

Originally posted by IceAge

Originally posted by Aori Sorry no AH please. That would retain one of the problems that Diablo 3 is having right now. People need to farm or trade, sniping the AH takes the spirit of the game away. Trade channel and Trade forums.
The RMAH if I may correct you, is ruining the .. spirit of the game. Not the gold one.

However, I might agree ( and also wanted to add in my post ) that Trade Forums for Blizzard means more website traffic, hence, more money for them somehow.

I already see PS3 and XboX 360 posts about trading items on their website, but not so many because they are playing on the consoles and they might be lazy to connect to the PC and post a thread. But imagine the forum flood when PC gets the new expansion. 

What really (will) ruin the game, will be the "breaks" from the runs , just to try selling that nice item you got, or buying then one you need.  Yes...that's my point of view about this..."problem" :)

No, the AH period ruins the spirit of the game. The "spirit" being running many times for your loot and earning it. Most people don't earn it if you can just buy it with gold. I don't feel accomplished if I play a game and can buy all of my gear from AH, I want to earn it just like in D1 and D2. I don't agree with your post in the least. Sorry but this game is awful with the AH and this is a great change in my opinion.

you earn gold by playing the game and then buy stuff with it lol

i don't think you understand his point at all.

personally, i agree its kind of strange they don't keep the gold AH and just get rid of the RMAH.

then again, we don't know exactly how the new loot system will work. if i don't need to trade anymore then yeah a GAH is not needed.

i kind of doubt that though, i am sure people will have to spam chat or go to third party websites to trade the items they have rather than just sell them on the GAH, which seems a lot easier and less time consuming.

i spent a lot of time spamming trade chat in D2 and haggling with people. sure it was good for the community but it was also very time consuming as well.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search