Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,789,035 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,591
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Blizzard's Incompetence Strikes Again - Gold Duplication on RMAH

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Shadowguy64

Novice Member

5/08/13 2:34:48 PM#21
Originally posted by Thane
Originally posted by thinktank001

The biggest problem is they can not do anything about it, except ban the players that they know abused it.   All that gold ( trillions upon trillions ) has been introduced into the economy and the game is completely screwed.  

i'd do  rollback on an exploit that massive.

bans go with it of cors.

Hard to do a rollback when non-exploiters would be harmed. Many of which may have RMAH transactions during that time period.

doodphace

Elite Member

5/08/13 2:40:01 PM#22
Originally posted by Shadowguy64

The biggest problem is they can not do anything about it, except ban the players that they know abused it.   All that gold ( trillions upon trillions ) has been introduced into the economy and the game is completely screwed.  

bans go with it of cors.

Hard to do a rollback when non-exploiters would be harmed. Many of which may have RMAH transactions during that time period.

They already announced no roll back because the amount of people who actually exploited was so minimal.

dave6660

Apprentice Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

5/09/13 6:54:14 PM#23
Originally posted by doodphace
Originally posted by Shadowguy64

bans go with it of cors.

They already announced no roll back because the amount of people who actually exploited was so minimal.

It doesn't take a lot of people to do irreparable damage to the game economy.  Players better hope Blizzard keeps detailed logs of all transactions or hyper-inflation is on its way.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

5/10/13 9:48:34 AM#24
Diablo 3 doesn't have an economy in the conventional sense. Ultimately the game trends towards infinite items and infinite gold. The only way a significant amount of either leaves the game is when a player quits. Even then players often sell or give away anything of value.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/11/13 6:26:03 PM#25
Originally posted by dave6660

It doesn't take a lot of people to do irreparable damage to the game economy.  Players better hope Blizzard keeps detailed logs of all transactions or hyper-inflation is on its way.

Obvious they do. They already announced that they have taken out 85% of the duped gold, and continuing to do so. So they are rolling back transaction, including the RMAH ones.

Personally i lucked out. Most of my "assets" are in RMAH US dollars ... and there is no inflation there. I only hold a little gold for normal play. That is why i am very happy they have a RMAH.

BTW, gold has gone through a huge inflation since the start of the game anyway.

mackdawg19

Tipster

"If men were created equal, then what happened to game developers?"

5/11/13 6:40:38 PM#26

And remember to read the TOS, as it states Blizzard can and will ban or lock your account if you use the Auction House as an investment catalyst which to me sounds kind of odd. The TOS also states at anytime Blizzard can take thier currency from you if its loaded into there Battle.net service and they do not even have to tell you why since, hence you agreed to the TOS. Best way around anything, either:

A. Do not use the RMAH or

B. Transfer all cash to Paypal since technically they can't re-withdraw money from Paypal without your consent.

Blizzard has acknowledged the AH was a mistake but is not planning on removing it anytime soon since people have invested so much into it. See what I did there? Now read that first sentence again....It's about time people start realizing companies like Blizzard and Activision have pretty much turned away from communities since World of Warcraft and really only care about how much money your spending with them. It's not wrong in a sense because they are a business. But it can ruin a game for you if you treat it like a job instead of entertainment.

KoreanSoWhat

Novice Member

5/11/13 6:44:09 PM#27
Originally posted by kadepsyson

Well, Blizzard released their patch today to fix things in the game.  In doing so they showed their programming skills that lead players to have the ability to duplicate (dupe) their gold.  Players could have infinite gold which then can be sold for real money through the RMAH or used to purchase items.  Happened across all regions.

The developers are a joke.  Incompetently implementing already poor game design.

Worst Devs Ever

What's really surprising is that there are still some people care enough to play this garbage.

How about you?

sancher36

Novice Member

5/11/13 6:50:45 PM#28
Removing RMIT altogether would be a great start for the pc version of the game but then doing so also stops blizzard's cashflow. 
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

5/12/13 7:45:50 AM#29
Originally posted by mackdawg19

Blizzard has acknowledged the AH was a mistake but is not planning on removing it anytime soon since people have invested so much into it. See what I did there? Now read that first sentence again....It's about time people start realizing companies like Blizzard and Activision have pretty much turned away from communities since World of Warcraft and really only care about how much money your spending with them. It's not wrong in a sense because they are a business. But it can ruin a game for you if you treat it like a job instead of entertainment.

That is fine. I only cares about whether the game is fun. It is not like i care about their livelihood, so we are even.

Given the drop rate, and RNG, i have more fun with AH (and RMAH) then without. So i don't want them to take it away. It has nothing to do with investment. It has everything to do with progression.

Getting a good drop i cannot use, and cannot sell is not progression. Getting a good drop, that can be sold, and buy an upgrade is. (Now i would not object to just trading for a good drop i cannot use for one i can, but a AH is much more efficient in doing so).

2 Pages « 1 2 Search