Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,463 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,247,561
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Please! Wyatt Cheng! Read this!

5 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  4/15/13 2:38:16 PM#1

1.) Item System Feedback

I have read the changes planned for 1.09. While this is cool that you are realizing the issues with itemization, it doesn't completely acknowledge the meta issue.

The game revolves around only a handful of stats:

Vitality
Str/Dex/Int
Crit Strike
Crit Damage
Attack Speed
Resists
Armor

That is Diablo 3..... Even if we have easier access to the stats we want, it doesn't change the fact that those are the only stats we can get that are useful. Gets boring, super simplistic.

I made a very long post and a shorter post on a REAL solution to this and it wouldn't be crazy hard to implement either.

It is essentially a FLAVOR STAT system which doesn't change the current system, it only adds on to it in a fun manner which will make the randomization more entertaining.

[Brief Example] 

6 Affix Rare Chest Armor
-affix 1
-affix 2
-affix 3
-affix 4
-affix 5
-affix 6

Now look at the flavor stat system:

6 Affix Rare Chest Armor with 2 flavor stats
-affix 1
-affix 2
-affix 3
-affix 4
-affix 5
-affix 6
-flavor stat 1
-flavor stat 2

***** Why is this important? *****

- We focus way to much on defense, especially in hardcore mode. With this system, we can focus on the same thing we have been doing but also have our own fun with the additional stats. It would add depth and more enjoyment in finding gear. At the same time, it doesn't require a huge make-over. Is it really that hard to add a separate 1-2 flavor stat slots to rares that have there own affix pools of exclusive effects?

What would these flavor stats be?

There would be a pool of 100+ random flavor stats in which they are all unique, meaning, you can't stack them.

They could consist of things such as:

-Chance on hit activates a spell

-Chance on being hit activates a spell

-Chance on crit to activate a spell

-Auras that effect you and your party.

-Item QUANTITY (Chance for monsters to drop additional items)

2.) Suggestion for a feature that would make hunting even more interesting. Would go well with the above features.

A kill counter mini-game (Repeatable)

A counter displays on your screen in small text somewhere and you get points depending on what you kill.

0/1000

Normal monsters = 1 Point

Champions = 2 Points

Unique Monsters = 5 Points

Treasure Goblins = 5 Points

Bosses = 10 Points

Once the meter fills up, we are rained upon by gold, rares, gems, and a rare chance at a legendary. This feature can be used starting at level 1.

This would add a nice little mini-game and would make grinding more fun and also make leveling more interesting. (Especially in hardcore mode)

Original post:

http://usbattle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569600007

Sovrath

Elite Member

4/15/13 2:48:46 PM#2
If you really want him to read this, wouldn't it be more effective to either post on some sort of official forum or perhaps send him a message from that forum?
  Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Bite my fiery metal ass!

4/15/13 2:57:36 PM#3
Great ideas, but posting here will only get you flamed by the slavering hordes of mindless haters & PoE fans (because you know, PoE and D3 can't both be enjoyable games, it's one or the other!). As stated, it would be best for you to post this on the Diablo 3 boards. The hatred there is generally confined to a handful of ne'er do wells who can be ignored.
  nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/16/13 11:03:55 AM#4
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Great ideas, but posting here will only get you flamed by the slavering hordes of mindless haters & PoE fans (because you know, PoE and D3 can't both be enjoyable games, it's one or the other!). As stated, it would be best for you to post this on the Diablo 3 boards. The hatred there is generally confined to a handful of ne'er do wells who can be ignored.

What? I like both PoE & D3 although D3 slightly more .. so are PoE fans mad at me now?

nariusseldon

Elite Member

4/16/13 11:07:10 AM#5

Actually no .. i don't quite agree.

APOC is mandatory for some build.

AS is mandatory for some build, and BAD for some other (for example, i just start a tempest rush monk ..you do NOT want AS, unless you have the spirit regen to match).

LS or LoH are important for some build.

In fact, there is a big debate in the wiz forum about whether LS is needed, or if BM is enough.

So ... i don't disagree that itemization needs improvement (for example, chance on stun ... no one wants) but it is overly simplified to say everyone chase the same stats listed in the OP post. In fact, i have played multiple builds, and try to balance different stats. I will be more than happy to give details.