Trending Games | Wizard101 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,286 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,814
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Diablo 3 will be released on the PS4

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
61 posts found
  User Deleted
3/02/13 11:21:03 AM#61
Originally posted by fivoroth

Comments like "Blizzard are super greedy" really annoy me. Blizzard is one of the VERY FEW, and I mean EXTREMELY SUPER DUPER ULTRA FEW companies who don't release ANY kind of DLCs for their games. Blizzard releases a game and then they patch it, and patch it, and patch it. Look at how many updates Diablo and Starcraft have received since they were released. Blizzard really cares for their games and they don't give up on them for a looooong time. And you get all these content updates for free without them charging a single cent. Hell, even Warcraft 3 still receives updates from time to time.

When Blizzard release a new expansion it is always packed with content and it is not just a money grab. Can anyone honestly tell me that Blizzard don't spend a lot of time developing their games and that they  release games which are not crazy value for money?

There are so many greedy companies like Activision, EA, and all those other companies (and by that I mean 99.99% of all PC and console developers) who release at least 2-3 DLCs for their games. Now that is a money grab. Create 2 maps and 2 skins and sell them for 10 pounds. Blizzard has never charged people for any content they release outside of expansions. And Blizzard's expansions usually have tons of content compared to most other expansions.

Well, I don't know what you would classify as content but Blizzard does also sell pets and mounts for WoW just like other companies sell skins. They sell mounts for $25 and pets for $10. To me this is a non issue but I just wanted to point out that Blizzard does use microtransactions to supplement their revenue. I'd also like to point out that Blizzard makes money from player transactions in Diablo 3 and they will make money from the starcraft map market place that they have planned for SC2. I guess these could be considered microtransactions too, but they depends more on player transactions rather than just what Blizzard sells. I guess it's just another approach.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search