Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,123 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,879
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Diablo 3 v Path of Exile: Part 3 - The Verdict

5 posts found
  Sibcoe

Novice Member

OP  2/14/13 10:35:43 PM#1

Hey everyone -

I wanted to share with you the final part in this 3 part series, compating Diablo 3 and Path of Exile:

Diablo 3 v Path of Exile: The Verdict

I hope you guys enjoy it, and I look forward to hearing which game you personally prefer.  

Cheers 0/

RTG Sibcoe
-----------
http://www.youtube.com/redteamgaming
http://www.twitter.com/redteamgaming
http://www.facebook.com/Sibcoe

cybertrucker

Spotlight Poster

Freeloading mooches are the scourge of the gaming community.

2/14/13 10:41:01 PM#2

Not interested in either

Zorlofe

Advanced Member

It's all just pixels...

2/14/13 10:42:43 PM#3
Was hoping to find something like this. Thanks I'll check it out!
  rodingo

Elite Member

2/14/13 10:58:44 PM#4

Not a bad job comparing the two games.  I have recently said that D3 doesn't really have much replayability, but I keep forgetting there are those players who love to chase gear drops, so they will keep farming in hopes of finding that special item.  However, PoE replayability shines for those who like to develope their character more than chasing gear.  Mapping out your path on the passive tree in PoE gives players something to strive for with a solid goal in sight, as opposed to hoping you get that great item drop that you can sell or use.  There is merit in both set ups, but too bad they aren't combined together like in D2.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

nariusseldon

Elite Member

2/19/13 10:31:00 AM#5
Originally posted by rodingo

Not a bad job comparing the two games.  I have recently said that D3 doesn't really have much replayability, but I keep forgetting there are those players who love to chase gear drops, so they will keep farming in hopes of finding that special item.  However, PoE replayability shines for those who like to develope their character more than chasing gear.  Mapping out your path on the passive tree in PoE gives players something to strive for with a solid goal in sight, as opposed to hoping you get that great item drop that you can sell or use.  There is merit in both set ups, but too bad they aren't combined together like in D2.

You are missing few things in D3, aside from item chase.

- chase paragon levels. Sure, there are many 100, but it takes most people a long time to get there.

- try different builds. There are lots of people experimenting with builds. In fact, i have done so many different variations that i think it is one of the main draw.

However, i am not dissing PoE. I play that too. I think experimenting different combo of skill gems can be fun too.