Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,824 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,625
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » I just finished the D3 starter edition...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

OP  2/09/13 11:31:03 AM#21
Originally posted by Krematory
Originally posted by Thorkune
If I end up not liking D3, I will come back and tell you so you guys can give me the"I told you so".

If you could stomach months of PoE I bet you will be happy with Diablo 3. It's a good game and I still play it from time to time, but you know... it's so cool around here to hate Blizzard.

I don't know why that is either. I got burned out on WoW, but I wouldn't bash Blizzard for it since I got many good years of game play.

Purutzil

Hard Core Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

2/09/13 11:33:27 AM#22

Thing is, PoE AND Diablo 3 have pretty weak stories. The difference is Diablo 3 throws the story in your face and forces it upon you. It makes a lot of poor choices in its design process. I don't really expect story in an ARPG to much and the fact D3 really pushes it on you and its such a lack luster story really helps to make it look just that much more god aweful. If they didn't make the story jut out like a thorn, it wouldn't even be something I'd complain about, but the fact its forced on you so much only helped to tarnish it.

Polish? Yeah, diablo 3 has more polish as to be expected by a big funded game. I don't think you can find anyone however who would be ignorant enough to claim Diablo 3 has better mechanics then Path of Exile however, a lot of the diablo 3 inner workers are quite poorly done. Don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 can be a fun mindless experience when I'm bored at times looking for a nice polished and fancy experience, but Path of Exile is a far superior ARPG experience in having in depth gameplay providing a traditional ARPG experience that can be enjoyed through several characters. 

nariusseldon

Advanced Member

2/11/13 6:52:18 PM#23
They r not mutually exclusive. You can like both like i do.
  expresso

Tipster

2/13/13 5:13:16 AM#24

Just to explain about the randomness of D3.

Overland 

The bounderies of the over land are fixed as are certain assets such as a bridge or a major encampment but many parts of the interia is random in that an enemy camp will be there sometimes and other times not, a clump of tree's or obsticals be there on one run and not another, an over turned cart with a band of enemies be there on one run and not another, dungeon entrances will move about, some dungeons will be closed on one run and on another be open, chests spawn in different locations every run, treasure goblins move about, locations of elite mobs change and so on.

So there is randomness in the overland, you'd need to play through it many times to see all the dungeons and events it offers.

Dungeons

These are random in layout, mobs, chests, events as you'd expect.

nariusseldon

Advanced Member

2/13/13 1:23:46 PM#25
Originally posted by expresso

Just to explain about the randomness of D3.

Overland 

The bounderies of the over land are fixed as are certain assets such as a bridge or a major encampment but many parts of the interia is random in that an enemy camp will be there sometimes and other times not, a clump of tree's or obsticals be there on one run and not another, an over turned cart with a band of enemies be there on one run and not another, dungeon entrances will move about, some dungeons will be closed on one run and on another be open, chests spawn in different locations every run, treasure goblins move about, locations of elite mobs change and so on.

So there is randomness in the overland, you'd need to play through it many times to see all the dungeons and events it offers.

Dungeons

These are random in layout, mobs, chests, events as you'd expect.

The events are fixed though. There are a fixed number of them, and they are all the same. However, when the zone is randomly generated, the events are randomly turned on an off. If an event is there, it is always the same.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search