Trending Games | War Thunder | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,683 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,993
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Least auction house dependant class

4 posts found
  PinkSparrow

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/13 7:56:23 AM#1
I haven't long been playing. I can't seem to make my mind up with what class i should roll with. So far i have checked the skill videos, and armor looks, and at the moment i would order them Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian , WitchDoctor, and Monk. I hear about classes relying on the auction to progress, so i thought i would ask. It would also be nice if people could input about playing solo.
  zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

1/24/13 8:01:24 AM#2

You don't need the auction house for any of them.

A lot depends on what your goals are within the game.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

User Deleted
1/24/13 10:47:32 AM#3

A good tip if you dont want to use the AH is to roll one of each class.

A big factor is also knowing what is junk and what isnt, and having a character of each class will give you familiarity with what drops are worth keeping and which are NPC trash.

Also bear in mind that use of the AH makes it easier to go a specific build.  If your not planning to use it you may have to switch your build around to fit your gear...which is very doable in the game.  I would suggest finding a few builds that may use different approaches to gear and then change your build as your gear suits.

And then theres the in chat bartering, seems only to really be usefull with decent legendaries.  Your going to need to make a decision on how much magic find gear youll wear vs gear for damage/survivability, at least untill higher paragon levels.

Dont be afraid to stop progression within the story to farm a few maps either.

nariusseldon

Advanced Member

1/24/13 5:01:34 PM#4

If you are still leveling, or just want to get to the end of inferno, just do MP0 and no Ah is needed.

However, if you want to progress to high MP level, and farm efficiently, it is very hard to rely on your own drops. Plus, even if you don't want to rely on the AH, it is a huge waste not to sell a nice item for a class you are not playing.

In my experience, if you are talking about the close to end game items, it is impossible to rely just on drops. Most of my good drops are not for my class, or my build.