Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Marvel Heroes | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,146 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,356
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Diablo III Community

8 posts found
  coretex666

Hard Core Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

OP  1/10/13 3:00:18 AM#1

I was playing Diablo III for several weeks when it was released and then I took a break until this Christmas when I came back to check what they managed to do with the game with the patches.

I am playing a hardcore demon hunter. Am currently zerging my way through the hell difficulty having plenty of fun with it.

What really surprised me in a positive way is the community in this game. Been playing for several weeks, I am yet to meet a person that would be flaming or trolling in general / party chat. In fact, in the general chat, there is a constant discussion about various aspects of the game, such as gear, elite packs and their abilities, builds, paragons, etc. I find this to be quite exceptional as in various MMOs I have been playing, the general chat was usually full of spams, arguments, insults, etc.

My latest experience was also quite special. I joined a pug group with my DH. There was a wizard and a barbarian with me. The wizard obtained a legendary weapon for barbarian worth around 1m gold. He asked the barb whether he would use it if he gave it to him. "Of course I would, he said". Then the Wiz gave him the weapon. Dont need to say the barb was quite happy :). Just out of fun, I asked the wizard whether he has any legendaries for DH. I really did not expect him to say "let me see what I got in my stash"...he went there and gave me a crossbow worth again at least a million gold. The barb asked him why he is so nice and he just replied "well, I believe that we, hardcore ones, should help each other" :). It was a really nice experience.

I believe that your experience may differ from mine as there obviously have to be some jerks playing this game too.

Would like to ask what is your experience with the Diablo III community (preferably recent one as I believe that the game was played by many people at start, but only Diablo lovers remained playing for this long). I also believe that nowadays the community is much better than it was during the first several months after release.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

sibs4455

Novice Member

1/10/13 3:21:54 AM#2

I loaded D3 up too just before christmas i had not logged in since 1 month after launch, what i saw was a ghost town with hardly any hc multiplayer games. Out of 40-50 people on my f-list only 1 was still active and on my recent list 2 were active but they had gone over to sc, like me most had not logged on in months.

I played for afew days using the ah to re-equip my toon, this did not cost very much for prices are very low, i quickly got to act3 inferno and started the paragon grind, this soon became very boring.

I won't be bothering to log in again, it's sad that Diablo ended like this.

Bakkoda24

Apprentice Member

It's a whole new game.

1/10/13 3:25:03 AM#3

Every game I've been in, we all share/give rares and legendaries to each other if we don't need it.

I've only had to actually buy an item off someone once or twice.

sadWinds

Advanced Member

1/10/13 5:21:36 AM#4
Was playing my lvl 5x wiz at that point of time, act 3 hell difficulty, there was a lvl 60 wiz kind enough to help us through the run and even drop some 2 hand staff i could use when i was 60, felt bad that i just took it without thanking him, i've played countless of public games and so far i there are very few unpleasant encounters in between as opposed to healing in wow bgs lol(u can get top healing and people would still say where the hell is our healer), people just tend to mind their own business as opposed to you know ruining the game experience for others.

GabboFunes

Novice Member

1/10/13 8:02:29 PM#5

Indeed, the community is great, strangely. I guess the trolls just grew tired of complaining all the time and just left.

I played with all my alts (with AWFUL dps, 15k or something) in Inferno using Public Games (zero waiting time, always) and nobody complained about my sucky dps, they even sometimes cheer me up because i was using cool skills, like the Monk's vortex, which works great with dps skills from your allies. Also if you ask them to wait because you have to sell things, they don't have any issues with it, and they let you know when there's goblins near.

And... get ready for this... THEY SAY HI AND GOODBYE!!!!! If you played WoW Cataclysm, these words sounds so weird.

Again, this happened every single time i played in random groups. I was amazed, never happened to me before in online games.

I think we're on a new era of Diablo, and i love it.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

1/11/13 1:43:58 PM#6
Originally posted by GabboFunes

Indeed, the community is great, strangely. I guess the trolls just grew tired of complaining all the time and just left.

I played with all my alts (with AWFUL dps, 15k or something) in Inferno using Public Games (zero waiting time, always) and nobody complained about my sucky dps, they even sometimes cheer me up because i was using cool skills, like the Monk's vortex, which works great with dps skills from your allies. Also if you ask them to wait because you have to sell things, they don't have any issues with it, and they let you know when there's goblins near.

And... get ready for this... THEY SAY HI AND GOODBYE!!!!! If you played WoW Cataclysm, these words sounds so weird.

Again, this happened every single time i played in random groups. I was amazed, never happened to me before in online games.

I think we're on a new era of Diablo, and i love it.

Agreed. I have got more new friends on my friends list in D3 in the past few month than any other games.

BTW, i think since lower end gear is plentiful, people can be generous much easier than say a game like WOW. Most worthwhile stuff in WOW would be BOP and no one would have a handful of usable starting end-game gear in the stash.

While in D3, you get a bunch of gear every run, and there bound to be some useful to lower end character. If you are wearing stuff that worth 200M, giving out items worthing $1M is really not impacting the bottom line, but would be helpful to others.

Lots of people are giving gear (abate not high end gear) away in the chat channels.

I love this game and i don't play games for its community. But still it is nice to see a nice community. Gravy to me.

Gorwe

Elite Member

1/12/13 5:49:16 PM#7
OMG really???

Now if only I could find cheap copy of D3(30 euro or lower...).

:( :(
  User Deleted
1/14/13 9:31:10 PM#8
Originally posted by sibs4455

I loaded D3 up too just before christmas i had not logged in since 1 month after launch, what i saw was a ghost town with hardly any hc multiplayer games. Out of 40-50 people on my f-list only 1 was still active and on my recent list 2 were active but they had gone over to sc, like me most had not logged on in months.

I played for afew days using the ah to re-equip my toon, this did not cost very much for prices are very low, i quickly got to act3 inferno and started the paragon grind, this soon became very boring.

I won't be bothering to log in again, it's sad that Diablo ended like this.

Two issues here.  yeah your friend list from 6 months ago is probably all dead, either those friends rolled alts and put that character ont he backburner, or have left.  there are still tons of people playing, but not really in the HC public games, here why:

They added vote kick feature to multiplayer groups.  People figured out that by vot kicking someone freezes them as they are disconnected from the match.  So what some HC players started to do is run public matches with their friends, leaving one slot open for a random.  Once they get to elites or in the middle of a huge pack, they all vote kick the random, killing his HC character.  So i would assume untill that is fixed public HC games are going to be few, with most doing private matches with friends.

If your not into grinding, be it for paragon levels or gear your really playing the wrong type of game however.  I like the paragon grind, gives something extra for the grind i was doing for loot. Also it directly benefits this act of loot grinding with magic find and gold find bonuses per paragon level.  They are making it easier on higher monster powers next patch with paragon grinding however.

Either way the community is typically good, though not always. Its very easy to refil you friend list btw, lots of helpful players still on and dont seem to have issues running a pub with you to give advice and tips.  I really think the unsavory parts of the ARPG community are in POE right now...god the global chat in that game is beyond aweful...

But yeah, stay away from HC public groups for now, the vote kick PK thing got fairly popular with lots of frap'sing of the act being made public on the official forums.  It will get fixed, and theres plenty to do in SC with the new moster power settings.