Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EVE Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,392 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,732
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Is the Diablo franchise pretty much defunct now?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
62 posts found
  zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

1/01/13 3:10:58 PM#61
Originally posted by thinktank001
Originally posted by Kothoses

I wouldn't count it out, but D3 has been a massive failure so far.  I still like it as is, but it has not even come close to the expectations I had before launch.

No, the game was not a "massive failure" it sold like crazy and made them a bucket load of cash and continues to have a sizeable active community.

The game was a massive disappointment for those looking for a D2 like experience, it was a massive let down for those who wanted an exciting dungeon crawler, and it was and continues to be too focused around making ongoing revenues for Blizzard in my opinion.  

But it is not a failure....

D3 didn't have massive sales because it was an awesome game.  It had massive sales because the prequel was an awesome game.   The hype and expectations were so high that alot of people were going to buy the game regardless of how good it was.  I guess you could say that D3 sold so well because of the brand recognition.    

That might explain the first six million in sales. It doesn't explain the second. Also remember a lot of people who bought the game are happy with it.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

Acvivm

Apprentice Member

1/02/13 8:16:53 AM#62
Originally posted by zymurgeist
Originally posted by Kothoses

I wouldn't count it out, but D3 has been a massive failure so far.  I still like it as is, but it has not even come close to the expectations I had before launch.

No, the game was not a "massive failure" it sold like crazy and made them a bucket load of cash and continues to have a sizeable active community.

The game was a massive disappointment for those looking for a D2 like experience, it was a massive let down for those who wanted an exciting dungeon crawler, and it was and continues to be too focused around making ongoing revenues for Blizzard in my opinion.  

But it is not a failure....

D3 didn't have massive sales because it was an awesome game.  It had massive sales because the prequel was an awesome game.   The hype and expectations were so high that alot of people were going to buy the game regardless of how good it was.  I guess you could say that D3 sold so well because of the brand recognition.    

That might explain the first six million in sales. It doesn't explain the second. Also remember a lot of people who bought the game are happy with it.

I got my money's worth, I leveled a DH and a Barb to 60 and got them both into Act 3 inferno so even If I were to quit now I would say I got more then enough for what I payed for. If people were expecting this game to revolutionize the industry or give you enough content to last 10+ years then its your own fault for making such outlandish expectations. The only problem I have with the game is the RMAH so I choose to not use it...problem solved.

HEAVEN OR HELL
Duel 1
Lets ROCK!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search