Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,455 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,976
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  MikeJezZ

Elite Member

Only in death, does duty end.

OP  12/20/12 4:32:25 AM#1

Now that it has become a lot easier to get gear, is it still possible to sell for real money?

I got Diablo III off the deal with Annual Pass.

Unfortunately, my credit card expired and got replaced by a new one, and even though I did edit my credit card informations, it didnt pay off the Annual Pass and I lost it.
At that time I took off a break from Daiblo 3, and didn't play WoW neither, so I have no indication of that it just didn't automatically pay. I got no mail or whatsoever.

I didn't feel a reason to come back to that game anyway, so I was happy that I didnt pay anymore. I still had to pay for around 5-6 months, which means it would be way cheaper to just buy the box version.

I was thinking about payback, and buy D3, and hopefully would make enough on RMAH to actually get full refund if I decided to buy D3 again, and maybe some of the lost money from Annual Pass.

But since it sounds like this is nowhere near possible no more, I just skip it again I think.

I wouldn't buy this just for getting "rich", which I know is nearly impossible.

I was just hoping for getting my cash back from at least a boxed edition of D3 and my annual pass back.

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

12/20/12 7:05:58 AM#2
It's possible but starting this way now is going to be like having a second job. The good news is although it's not currently on sale they have been selling D3 digital download at a discount. If you like the game you can choose your time carefully and you won't have to pay full price.

"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice." ~Greys Law

killion81

Elite Member

12/20/12 7:11:14 AM#3

You're not going to make any real money playing the game legitimately.  I would assume that all the "serious" D3 farming operations run multiple bot accounts, just like any other game.

I suppose it's possible to get extremely lucky and have a perfect item drop for you that is actually sought after, which you can flip for a decent amount of cash.  However, I wouldn't count on it.4

MikeJezZ

Elite Member

Only in death, does duty end.

OP  12/20/12 7:13:39 AM#4
Originally posted by zymurgeist
It's possible but starting this way now is going to be like having a second job. The good news is although it's not currently on sale they have been selling D3 digital download at a discount. If you like the game you can choose your time carefully and you won't have to pay full price.

I cant see D3 at a discount atm...

It costs 60 euro on the store page atm.

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

nariusseldon

Elite Member

1/13/13 8:42:41 PM#5

You can make enough as a hobby.

I have made like may be $200-300. It is not much by no means but it does make the game free. I pumped back most of the money into gear, and i also buy MOP with it (regreting that though).

I still have like $90 left in the account.

Personally i am not playing for money .. so i probably will put most of it back into the game. However, dealing with real money is nice because a) RMAH has lower transaction fee than gAH, b) there is no devaluating of real money if you hold it (unlike gold), and c) real money can be turned into other stuff (like i bought MOP).

If you play enough with enough MF or do high enough MP, you have a good chance of getting good items from time to time. You just have to know the market.

For example, i got lucky  and got a good roll on a Witch Hour that I sold for $40. It does sit around in the RMAH for 2 weeks before it sells though. I have not got the really lucky $200+ item though.

Crunchy222

Apprentice Member

1/14/13 9:24:23 PM#6

I think the only way normal people are going to make any money is having the ability to recognize what gear will actually sell.  This means you have to be on top of all the popular builds for all the classes.

You might get lucky and find an item that will sell for $50+ but chances are your going to make all your money in tiny incraments.  It could add up if all you do is play all day every day.

I have yet to use the RMAH.  I do enjoy playing the normal market however, had to roll a few alts just so i knew what was a decent item for that class, which again, helps with item recognition.

For all the hate generated towards the AH and RMAH, it think its had a general positive influence on 3rd party vendors, putting the profits back in the players hands.  Also, playing the AH is a lot of fun.

Having played another game like this with no AH, you come to appreciate how much better this system is over spamming chat or posting forum sell/buy orders.