Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | TERA: Rising | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,774 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,083,655
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Adventure Mode!

4 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  11/27/12 1:18:56 PM#1

Official Post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199911929#1

[b]What is Adventure Mode?[/b]

A game mode/ideal that creates an open world for players to freely hop in and enjoy together! As this ideal spreads, it will naturally create a large-scale community in game that will feel more like an open-world. 

Guide to being an adventurer in Diablo III:

[b]Step 1[/b]: Create a hardcore character!

[b]Step 2[/b]: Play exclusively in public games!

[b]Step 3[/b]: If no games for said quest, create your own game and open it to the public!

[b]Step 4[/b]: Add everyone you party with to your friends list and add a comment that says "Adventure Mode™"

[b]Step 5[/b]: Go into options, social settings, and make sure "Allow Quick Join" is always on!

[b]Overall Goal[/b]:

Ultimately, it will promote an open world in the sense that you will eventually have a huge friends list with quick join active. The idea is to have an open mind about it. Players will join your games and you will join others. You will meet a lot of people and it will grow to the point where the game feels like an open world.

[b]What about monster power?[/b]

Eventually, you will have a large friends list and you can then play monster power with your game still open to the public using quick join.

[b][Request to Blizzard][/b]: The friend list should have the option to set a player note for yourself and for others. If I'm doing MP5 and I have my game open for quick join, I can set a note saying "MP5".

[u][b]#1 Rule for Adventure Mode![/b][/u]

1.) Be respectful to all players!

I can't emphasize this enough! This includes everything! Behavior, trading, joining games, ect....

This is more of an ideal rather than a game mode. The idea is to have an open mind and think of this as the world of Sanctuary and on your journey, you meet other adventurers who you add to your friends list by sending a comment, "Adventure Mode™". When the idea spreads, more and more people will be a part of it and if it all goes according to plan, it will naturally create a large community in-game. I wish we could add player notes and leave comments for ourselves as well.

Slampig

Hard Core Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

11/27/12 1:23:24 PM#2

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

wowfan1996

Novice Member

12/03/12 5:14:02 AM#3
Sounds like fun. Gonna do that next time I play HC.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

Aconsar

Novice Member

12/03/12 5:18:53 AM#4

I thought there was an actual, more randomly generated version of D3 to play...

><