Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,879 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,085,254
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » Phishing Emails Supposedly From Blizzard - Caution!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Jalice888

Apprentice Member

11/06/12 1:16:02 AM#21

I haven't even played an online Blizzard game yet someone sent me this today;

Dear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment.
legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.
Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III,
and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on.
We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks,
cheats, bots, or exploits. Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account. http://us.blizzard.conu/support/article/securitywebform...haha    I hope u can't link this now just incase some silly fool tries it.

* Account name
* Account password
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information  If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Account security is incredibly important to us, and we hope that it's important to you,
too. If you have any additional security recommendations to add to this list,
please feel free to share them in the comments!  Account Administration Team
Diablo III World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2012
Luck you lot.

I get a lot of false emails from lousy Yahoo where our phone & broadband are linked to them supposedly including the best philshing & spam filter yet i'm flooded with such trash.

I recommend you all right click the senders details & check out that links 'Properties' and you'll see it's from an odd address so immediately 'Block' that user forever. I tried to go to Blizzard to warn them but sadly they are the same as I remember Jagex being from my days of playing Ruinedscape. Gaming is the most used internet thing these days and it's where most stealing occurs in the world. Hence now I won't ever play an online game again. Remember with the improvements of technology these days that even the best games fall behind or else like Jagex they keep changing it until everyone is sick of playing it - thats when Jagex even sent me emails philshing links on them which I guess was another way to recover from their lost of money paying customers. Just be very cautious with everything these days & remember online it's simply pixels you are apying for so like gambling always be prepared to loose your cash & work or don't even start it!

Cod_Eye

Apprentice Member

11/06/12 1:37:50 AM#22
Originally posted by Force_Fire

I got one of these as well, but I sent a reply.

*Battle.account name: Die_In_a_FIRE
* Password: F@CK_OFF!

Thats just as dumb as following the email instructions they send.

[video]http://xivpads.com/?Cod-Eye-Ragnarok[/video]

Jalice888

Apprentice Member

11/07/12 12:47:10 AM#23

I've replied to many of those Nigerian scum emails with the biggest writing I can do simply saying:

sorry to good people but this was what I wrote to them "Fu.. Off A..hole" (you can fill in the dots) and immediately blocking their ISP so amazingly that series of bad emails stopped.

Remember that for most average people on computers that Microsoft Security Essentials is an extremely effective free security program and if they get passed that it's best to go to 'System Restore' to reset your computer to before their rubbish affected your computer. Stay safe and get out into the sunlight so the Vitamin D can stop your fatal disease, remember the 4th biggest killer in the western world isn't reported as they don't want you to know it's 'Death by Correctly Administered Pharmacuticals'.

zomard100

Apprentice Member

11/07/12 12:50:50 AM#24
O yes they are really boring with that. I got some 3-4 mails per day
  Jalice888

Apprentice Member

11/07/12 10:38:43 PM#25

If you ever wonder whether things will improve, you need to take a better look at how the worlds population is ruining everything.

Look here to see why nature is going to always win in the end. Humans are far too dumb to save the planet themselves because they mate with anyone regardless of health & intelegence & it's the lack of nutrients causing crime and behaviour problems more and more: http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

So now you will know why Generation Z are expected to die before their parents!

killkool

Novice Member

11/09/12 9:37:41 PM#26

If get every day such files it most frustrating. Also support of diablo III does not help, al they say change your pasword. And i have that heard four times already. More over i do not owe diablo III. The log in sequence is also very frustrating. They do not believe you and more after 3 log in you must log in with sort secret pasword or you will be sent to as looked like the banned corner I played demo once it looks the same as diablo II and more over it has the same dungeons. In diablo II you had no lvl cap. Also after diablo II there was after a while an expansion in diablo III that is also case.

I am now  waiting on Starcraft II the second part.

I have

starcraft I and expansion

starcraft II

diablo I and II and the expansion.

If they want too hold there old customers they have bring in more unique items like in titan quest

User Deleted
11/09/12 9:40:22 PM#27
Originally posted by Arawnite

My spam folder typically has had 4-5 fake Blizzard emails per week for the past few years.

Same here and my annual pass just died a few days ago. :) I haven't touched D3 for months now but I still receive em. never see them because they go directly to SPAM

Love gmail.

spookydom

Hard Core Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

11/09/12 9:52:09 PM#28
Originally posted by itgrowls
Originally posted by Arawnite

My spam folder typically has had 4-5 fake Blizzard emails per week for the past few years.

Same here and my annual pass just died a few days ago. :) I haven't touched D3 for months now but I still receive em. never see them because they go directly to SPAM

Love gmail.

I don't even own D3 and am getting about 5 a week saying my D3 account has been compramised on an email account that has nothing to do with Blizzard or games in general. :)

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

9/04/13 11:46:15 AM#29
Originally posted by Robsolf

This one's pretty pathetic, but some of them are pretty sophisticated.  Sometimes the only way I'd know is by looking at the actual link destination before clicking.

I'd know by "Hey, an email in the spam-catcher account. Yep, phishing again."

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search