Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,270 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,823
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/15/12)  | Pub:Activision Blizzard
Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac XBox 360 PS3 Playstation 4 Xbox One | Out of date info? Let us know!

Diablo 3 Forum » General Discussion » XFire data from release - interesting graph

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  lizardbones

Advanced Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

9/03/12 8:38:42 AM#21

Originally posted by Karteli
This game just really missed the mark, that of which made D2 a longterm success.

Do you want to grind hours to obtain an item just to see someone else simply buy it?  Buying items with real money just kills the fun.  It kills the reward.

Some Blizzard fans say, "well item selling was so popular in D2, so whats the difference?" .. The difference is that not nearly even a huge portion bought anything.  Now that buying has become so easy, it ruined the game.

D3's problem is pretty easy to sum up. In D3, players are reaching the max level, but they aren't able to actually get through the final content. The content they can get through does not give them what they need to get through the content they can't get through.

That's it. The auction house is only relevant in that Blizzard considers it when looking at the drop rates. If they can remove that feeling of hitting a brick wall in the content, then players will keep playing. I don't think players who have stopped playing will come back, but new players won't get to a certain point and shrug the game off.

PvP is a big deal too, but it was horribly unbalanced and really it was just older players farming newer players right outside the gate to the town in D2. It shouldn't be too hard to improve on that.

** edit **

None of this based on XFire. It's based on the people at work who were all playing D3, and then suddenly weren't playing D3.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

nariusseldon

Elite Member

9/03/12 9:46:32 PM#22
Originally posted by lizardbones

D3's problem is pretty easy to sum up. In D3, players are reaching the max level, but they aren't able to actually get through the final content. The content they can get through does not give them what they need to get through the content they can't get through.

To be fair, Blizz is trying to fix it. Inferno was nerfed several times, and the latest patch 1.04, many classes (and drops) are buffed.

MikeJezZ

Novice Member

Only in death, does duty end.

9/06/12 7:31:20 AM#23
Originally posted by nariusseldon

To be fair, Blizz is trying to fix it. Inferno was nerfed several times, and the latest patch 1.04, many classes (and drops) are buffed.

Problem is, its just too late.

I looked forward to play it months before launch.

Got it, played it, got max level, got bored.

Stoppied a month after launch.

I dont even want to touch this again.

I miss Diablo 2 more than Diablo 3.

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

nariusseldon

Elite Member

9/06/12 1:58:13 PM#24
Originally posted by MikeJezZ

1 month, that is way better than most box games already.

lizardbones

Advanced Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

9/06/12 2:07:35 PM#25

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Originally posted by lizardbones D3's problem is pretty easy to sum up. In D3, players are reaching the max level, but they aren't able to actually get through the final content. The content they can get through does not give them what they need to get through the content they can't get through.  

Maybe. It's certainly too late for the people who moved on to GW2...they aren't going to even try D3 again until they've sucked all the fun out of GW2 by talking it to death around the office.

Then there's TL2 coming out in Sept. I wouldn't have considered it a competitor to D3, but with they've already started collecting money to buy 4 packs through Steam and there's been no mention of D3 for awhile.

Again, I can't speak for a large number of people, I'm just relating what's going on around me.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search